• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR... Can't do it

Vance I think it would make a great daily driver.... But it's not the most practical for that. I considered getting one as a daily. It's lack of attention grabbing looks is a plus where that is concerned. Jason has a perfect combo. A 360 as the weekend car, a GTR as a daily.
Dave,
I do love the GTR, fantastic sporty daily driver. There are plenty of NSX, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche owners with GTRs. There are obviously reasons for that.

My GTR doesn't even have a tune, just mid-pipe, bone stock everything else. The power is more than plenty. Tons of low end torque even off idle and mid range torque. Just add a Cobb Accessport with TCM (LC4 or LC5). It be a different car that can do 0~60mph under 2.7sec for just $1.2k. I have not done it yet despite the low cost only because that additional performance I will probably never use it. For me launch control is just for show, it never needs it even lining up against 99% of other cars, maybe at drap strip where I can see launch control be useful.

GTR is practical, I drive it everywhere. In fact I even daily drove 360 for almost 2 years before getting GTR. The 360 were bullet proof. I put on more miles in 360 than I did in 7+ years of ownership of NSX. I put on 14k miles in 360 just last year alone.

I really missed that tight feeling of the NSX's cabin and driving position. Both GTR and 360 fell short in this aspect.

Thanks BBoxer(Tino)'s insight and feed back from his experience at Southcoast Acura NSX meets, I decided to ditched the 360 and picked up a like new low mileage 6spd gated manual Lamborghini Gallardo with tubi exhaust and clear bra. Pardon my iphone pic.

Gallardo has that jetfighter cabin just like NSX. Never been inside a car felt more solid than this, there is reason why turbo gallardo are so popular, the chasis can take it. The exhaust note and shifter is just amazing, better than that of 360 or even F430. It is a good combination with GTR.

Last edited:
Jason good to hear from you again man, thanks for the feedback. I just can't get myself to get rid of the nsx. And I can't keep 3 cars. Your setup is ideal...

Last edited:
Atta boy ! Jason.
You got to sample blondes, brunettes and redheads and many of each !
Good choice with a manual. I had both and much preferred the stick. You're right about it having an NSX feel. What year is yours ?
My GTR is not exactly a DD but i have put 25k miles on it in four years. I have good memories of my 5 years with a 360 but i certainly dont miss it. Most missable car in the world is the NSX ! I am fortunate to have a wife who cant live without one so i get to drive it on weekends.

Good to see nsxsupra on the forum :)

Gallardo was my first choice when car shopping after the NSX was sold, but one of the reasons I sold the X was to get into something a little less flashy. The gtr fit the bill. It gets a lot of attention but sometimes it flies under the radar too. Not sure how to make that sentence make better sense...

Once other projects are completed and my garage renos are done I'm sure another exotic will be in the bay.

I'll be joining some of you guys soon, seriously shopping for a GTR right now and leaning towards a white BS car I saw locally.

Going to see it later today but I plan to add one to our garage by early next year. It's a good car for me since it has back seats for my kids and enough fun factor to keep me entertained as a DD. When my kids get older, I'll probably ditch the GTR for an M5 but I have at least 3 years before they get too big for the back seat of the GTR.

I really need to re-evaluate my garage since I'm tired of paying insurance/reg. on cars I don't drive. As much as I love my s2000/NSX both are just trophy queens right now.

I thought you had decided the Panamera was better for your needs?

Back