• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Guys found this one in Kansas JH4NA1189TT000058

"I will trade for cash! LOL!"

Where is the professionalism? You drop an LOL on me in what should be a serious ad (as serious as craigslist ads ever are I guess), and my impression of the car is ruined. Is that too harsh?

I am now the proud owner of this 1996 Red/Tan. Is there any way to find her previous owners throughout the years? I've been trying to do some background research on her to see if the previous owner is a Prime member. Discovered so much about her through 6 months of ownership, but so many more unanswered questions. Much appreciated!

No search hits on Prime; but, it does come up with some history if you use Google and the term 'acura nsx JH4NA1189TT000058". Since you are now an owner, if you are happy with it, like a girl friend or spouse, maybe not asking about the history might be better.

1996 Acura Nsx T - Rear End Damage - JH4NA1189TT000058 (Sold) (autoauctions.io)

You should be able to go to your local Acura dealer and they should be able to search the VIN to determine if the vehicle has any 'Acura' service history.

That said, welcome to ownership. For the information you need to know the Wiki is a good place to start and specific maintenance or how to questions will usually get a response on the Owner Discussion, Do-It-Yourself or Electronics sub forums.

[MENTION=36889]nssex23[/MENTION], there isn't really an easy way to find out either previous owners or maintenance history. I've gone to my local Acura dealership and they tell me they can only pull the maintenance history for work they have done...

You might want to look at the owner's manual...there is a place to fill in the owner's name and where the car was sold in the owner's manual...that is how I know the 1st owner of mine and I know the 3rd owner (I'm the 4th) but have never been able to track down the 2nd owner.

Here are some thoughts for a new NSX Owner...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...to-new-NSX-Owners-(and-maybe-some-not-so-new)

And I really think [MENTION=7701]Oldguy[/MENTION] kind of hit the nail on the head...sometimes it is good enough to accept the car as is - knowing it might have some "history" - and enjoy it in bliss. There isn't much you can do about the car vis-a-vis history - it might give you some things you would want to "check" but you aren't really going to change anything....I don't know when the damage was done that is discussed in Old Guy's post, but a carfax should indicate when that happened...and if it is 10+ years ago and have been driving around since, it probably isn't going to suddenly crap out on you!!

Congratulations on joining the crowd!!!

What made you decide the NSX was the "car for you"?

Back