• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone dealt with Luxor Motorcars? Need feedback on this NSX JH4NA2164VT000198

Re: Has anyone dealt with Luxor Motorcars? Need feedback on this NSX

Hey, otoro:
Click on the Free CarFax Report, roll down to the "Last Reported Mileage"
238,185! It could be a mistake. But, if you own this vehicle, you will have
a hard time selling to anyone who read Carfax.... How about this
"Mileage Rollback Detected" on your CarFax....

The car was bought from a guy in New York for around $39K (I saw his auction ended at $39K). This used car dealer bought it and now they are putting it on eBay again to make money from you. Therefore, Lexor will not
sell for anything less than $41K. My bet. Search the VIN on google, you will see part of its history on internet.

Good Luck. I, like you, am hunting for a NSX as well.
I prefer a silver or black one within '97-'00 range. It is buyers' market. Be patient.

Re: '97 Spa Yellow, want your opinions

If I was in the market, I'd be looking at this. At the last NSX drive, I was behind a yellow NSX and it looked amazing! Even when it was behind me in a line of NSX's, it stood out, in a good way. :smile:

That 97 does look like a real sweet one. The color is FABULOUS.....:biggrin:

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_DisplayHistoryRpt.cfm?partner=CDM_0&vin=JH4NA2164VT000198

It looks like Manhattan Acura screwed up the mileage input. They entered 238185 as the mileage when its porbably 23,8xx or something. I'd have that dealer correct that as it will show on the Carfax.

I had a similar situtation where mine was reported as mileage exceeds mechanical limits. IE I only have 5 digits on my odometer and the car rolled past 100,000. Not true but marked on my title cause MD made a mistake.

This isn't title related but I'd still follow through on it none the less. Side note... it looks like that car might have sold in August of 07.

Looks good. FWIW: I bought my 97 red/tan a year ago with 23K miles for $43K.

This is a good data point as the prices of NSXs haven't moved much if at all in the last year. In fact, I bought my first NSX four years ago and the same car, same mileage would sell for the same price (if not a grand or two more) now.

Some rare colors like spa yellow pearl will command a couple grand premium over the much more common red and black, all other things equal. Other rare colors like green will sell at a couple grand discount due to less than universal appeal. It took me many months searching for my spa yellow like this with low miles and "A" condition so I think it's fairly priced.

I LOVE the color but I'm a bit biased :biggrin:

Opinions about this NSX? (Aside from the damage lower lip)

Link to AutoTrader

TIA.

Jerry
The front lip will run you around $150 or so to replace (minor) as long as the low bumper has no damage. If this car is as advertised, this looks like a real fair/good price.

I LOVE the color but I'm a bit biased :biggrin:

Ditto
It's also easy to find in a parking lot.:biggrin:

That yellow NSX was sold at Buy It Now for $45K+.
Good price. It has been on eBay more than twice. Each time stopped at around $38K. Some guy grabbed it at Buy It Now price.

Some rare colors like spa yellow pearl will command a couple grand premium over the much more common red and black, all other things equal.

Actually, 1997 Spa Yellow is NOT rare... just the opposite. In 1997, 92 were shipped to USA compared to 92 Red. Black was in 3rd place with 70.

There were plenty of Yellows produced in the following years as well.

Reference: Production Numbers

Actually, 1997 Spa Yellow is NOT rare... just the opposite. In 1997, 92 were shipped to USA compared to 92 Red. Black was in 3rd place with 70.

There were plenty of Yellows produced in the following years as well.

Reference: Production Numbers

I stand corrected about the rarity of the color but from what I've seen over my 4+ years of being in the NSX game, yellow and blue do command a couple thousand dollar premium over the much more common (all years) red and black all things equal.

Cannot get the link for 2002 production numbers to open - anyone else?

Stay away from Luxury Motors.
I can't post the link over here since that topic has been covered over on 6speedonline in the off topic forum (only members can see it).

Most everyone who has dealt with them has had bad reviews.

Good luck! A dealership would most likely never do that.

You can call Carfax, they will research it and correct it if it is incorrect. It doesn't take long and it's not hard to do. Sometimes they correct it within hours:wink:

Stay away from Luxury Motors.
I can't post the link over here since that topic has been covered over on 6speedonline in the off topic forum (only members can see it).

Most everyone who has dealt with them has had bad reviews.

We are talking about LUXOR motors here, not LUXURY.

^update

Car was sold to a Canadian buyer using E-Bay's "Buy-It-Now" price.

thanks for all the feedback, Prime is truly a great community.

...my search continues

Back