• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has the market bottomed out on NSXs? (Buy now, or in 6 months to a year?)

Hello everyone. I apologize if this is a highly discussed topic or a frowned upon topic in advance. I'm new and I'm trying to get used to the more strict rules of this forum vs. s2ki.com

I'm looking into picking up my first NSX. Financially its fine right now for me, but I would be looking into getting rid of my s2000 first and I really dont want to give it away. Its in supremo condition, very babied and low mileaged. Right now the market is slow and I'm not finding the buyer or the price I think my s2000 could get me, nothing outrageous, just KBB 3rd party value + a depreciated value of the mods.

I would like to be patient and wait until the market picks up and people are more willing to spend.

At the same time however, that could be about 6 months to a year, despite the fact that I'll barely put any mileage on the s2000, it WILL be a year older.

I dont mind being patient and waiting for the right NSX in my price range, but I also am afraid that as they're getting older and farther away from the last production year, that the values are going to start appreciating.

I'm not looking for anything too uber rare, 2003+ Black on Black, 5 spd, relatively low mileage (less than 40-50k hopefully).

So for those of you who've been around the marketplace long enough, how much of a move in trend from depreciation to apprecation have you been seeing? Any projections for how soon you can start to expect to see a return on investments?

I just dont wanna wait 6 months to a year to get my price for my barely driven S2000 (or worse, have to factor in another year for a faster depreciating car)-- Just to have that same gain be eaten up in an inflated or appreciated value of an increasingly rare low mileage good condition NSX.

In other words, if I can get 20k for my s2000 now, and and NSX that I'm interested in seems to be going for around 55k.

I dont want to hold out for an additional 3 grand on the s2000 (which I may or may not get), just to end up having to pay 58k or more for that same NSX at the same time I sell the S2000.

I mean I guess its just the way the market is, if people are willing to pay more for the s2000 whats to say they wont spend more for an NSX at that time as well? I would argue though that they're two completely different class ranges, and the NSX crew isn't as subject to market changes as the s2000 buyer.

Sorry for the rambling, but I think I'm making sense, and any advice or opinion on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks
--Kevin

Although I've no desire to own one, I do follow S2K prices for some odd reason. They have seen depressed to me, even before the most recent economic upheaval. Any sportscar is impractical and therefore has a limited market. Unlike the NSX, they made plenty of the Honda's and so supply has always seemed to exceed demand and the prices reflected that. I guess what I'm saying is that you will never see appreciation in an S2K, just the normal depreciation. The NSX market is depressed right now (there have been some nice ones at reasonable prices right here of late) and I believe that is directly related to the economy since it's a high end car.

When the economy improves (be that six months or six years), prices of the NSX will bounce back, the S2K will still be depreciating. Hard to have your cake and eat it to. I'd sell the S2K for what the market will bear (you're never going to get back even the depreciated value of your mods, never happens) and take advantage of some depressed pricing on the NSX and don't worry about catching the high on the Honda and the low on the Acura.

Although I've no desire to own one, I do follow S2K prices for some odd reason. They have seen depressed to me, even before the most recent economic upheaval. Any sportscar is impractical and therefore has a limited market. Unlike the NSX, they made plenty of the Honda's and so supply has always seemed to exceed demand and the prices reflected that. I guess what I'm saying is that you will never see appreciation in an S2K, just the normal depreciation. The NSX market is depressed right now (there have been some nice ones at reasonable prices right here of late) and I believe that is directly related to the economy since it's a high end car.

When the economy improves (be that six months or six years), prices of the NSX will bounce back, the S2K will still be depreciating. Hard to have your cake and eat it to. I'd sell the S2K for what the market will bear (you're never going to get back even the depreciated value of your mods, never happens) and take advantage of some depressed pricing on the NSX and don't worry about catching the high on the Honda and the low on the Acura.

Yea I never expected to get any apprecation on the s2000. Just at least a fair depreciation amount.

The KBB value of the car right now I think is fair for it. and I would take that offer if I got it.

My Mods are all cosmetic which is why I think I can get my money for them, either with the car or sold seperately, the s2ki marketplace is pretty active. An INGS +1 rear bumper and sides, OEM front lip, and like 3 month old Work Varinaza Schwert SC2 Wheels. And a really nice stereo.

If I have to I'll put the original stereo in it, and find another set of OEM wheels for it and sell the car for about 20-21k and call it a day. I can sell the wheels back or even use them on the NSX, and the stereo I can put into any car as well.

I just am trying to get a good gauge of how depressed the NSX market really is, and if anyone really expects to see a major gain in the next 6 months. If so, I'd rather do as you're suggesting. If not, I'd rather just hold off for a little more. I've only had the s2k up for sale for about 3 days and haven't begun agressively marketing it, just put it up on s2ki.com and a few prelude forums.

I dont know. Thanks for your insight. Anyone else have any other thoughts?

It's irrelavent if you are trading your s2000 for one. It will depreciate faster than the NSX market will decline on any time frame. Your s2000 will lose 2-3k in value each year, NSX's don't depreciate that fast over long periods of time unless there is a depression. Even if that occurs, your s2000 will probably depreciate proportionally faster. Not a difficult decison.

It's irrelavent if you are trading your s2000 for one. It will depreciate faster than the NSX market will decline on any time frame. Your s2000 will lose 2-3k in value each year, NSX's don't depreciate that fast over long periods of time unless there is a depression. Even if that occurs, your s2000 will probably depreciate proportionally faster. Not a difficult decison.

I see your point, but I dont know I just didn't think i'd loose 1k-1500 in value over the next 6 months on my s2000 if I barely put on 300 miles or so between now and then.

I mean if thats realistically what I can expect, I think i'll have to agree.

My hope was that I wouldn't lose anything in a period of 6 months or so, and that if anything with the upswing in market I could actually get blue book value vs below book which is what my offers are for it right now.

Realizing fully that in the long term (to me 6mo+) that the s2000 will easily depreciate MUCH faster than any NSX would.

My fear isn't so much that the NSX would be depreciating, but rather that it will start appreciating.

I guess the main question is, when do you think the the NSX market will be bottoming out and that you can realstically say hey if i buy this NSX today, all things constant, I can expect a HIGHER price for it 6 months from now.

And if that is not the time right now, when will it be?

The S2000 market is falling. I sold my '01 S2000 and took a hit in depreciation back in the Summer, sold it for $11K. I think you are better off taking off all of your mods and selling them yourself. Selling a modded vehicle will never get what you put into it. You have it priced too high with the mods ($24.9K), I think without the mods you may get $20-21K. It is also a bad time to sell a convertible (winter). The NSX you want will be hard to find under $50K, like you said closer to $55k and up. The NSX will hold its value and the value will stay close to what it is now.

..... but rather that it will start appreciating.

It's quite possible, also keep in mind that people want sports cars in the summer (6 months). So more demand (less availability) and prices should also stabilize (pending the market).Right now (and for the next several months) you will see quite a few deals. People are dumping unnecessary luxuries across the board. The nsx isn't exempt from this.

It's quite possible, also keep in mind that people want sports cars in the summer (6 months). So more demand (less availability) and prices should also stabilize (pending the market).Right now (and for the next several months) you will see quite a few deals. People are dumping unnecessary luxuries across the board. The nsx isn't exempt from this.

Well thats kinda what I'm thinking. I mean I'm in FL so I'm kind of immune to the summer months only thing. But I will market nationally by the spring time.

My Thoughts were just to put it up for now and see what happens, but wait realistically for the spring. I dont think with my mods I was being too out rageous, I mean the wheels/tires alone (both damn near brand new) were 3 grand, the stereo another 2 grand. I figured enthusiasts (s2ki.com crew) would give me a decent depreciated value in it (24,9 was just a starting point) and go from there with not too much room to move.

The s2k is CPO, and it will come with an 100k bumper to bumper extended warranty on top of that till 2011 that I bought from Honda. That in and of itself cost me $1500 (I know i can't expect full value back) and is fully transferable to the new owner. Given all that I really thought 24,9 was a fair value. Without the stereo and Wheels I would probably give it up for 21k at a minimum but probably not much less. (car only has 34k miles on it)

So even in the spring if I could get that for it, 21k w/no mods or 24,9 with the mods. I'd take it without hesitation. My main concern though would be whether or not the the NSX's would apprecaite 3k or more on average by that time (either due to market, or similar apprecation given warmer months, or just growing demand for an older outta production rare vehicle) thus wiping out any of the benefits of waiting for those spring months-- and finally getting what I want for the car(21k no mods or 25k w/mods)

Last edited:
Why not keep both (if you can swing it) and keep your shirt?

On the other hand, if your willing to part with your S2K now, then you'll be rewarded with a car that you actually want at a good price. Just buy it and don't look back!

It's such a buyer's market right now, I'm kicking myself for not buying another NSX. Timing is everything, too bad there's no crystal ball huh?

i've been watching prices of s2000's and nsx's pretty diligently for about a year now, and it seems that with your choice of nsx (2002+) that you won't find the prices are fluctuating much. It seems that, the 2002+ in a normal color such as black would fall into the 55K-65K range depending on condition and milage. there have been a few examples outside of that range, but only a few.

as for the s2000, it seems like the market is very bad now. s2ki, as you know, has prices for AP2's ranging from around 18K-25K depending on money invested, condition,etc.

i think the only nsx market that was really effected by the economic downturn were the earlier NA1 models, as the steady price of around 30K for a good example has fallen a few grand, but still not by much. again, there are a few outliers to the normal, but this is just my overall observation.

my advice, sell off or keep the modifications on the s2000, and sell it for what you think it is worth, before the car loses more value. the nsx, no matter what year or color you get, will depreciate much slower.

I see your point, but I dont know I just didn't think i'd loose 1k-1500 in value over the next 6 months on my s2000 if I barely put on 300 miles or so between now and then.

I mean if thats realistically what I can expect, I think i'll have to agree.

My hope was that I wouldn't lose anything in a period of 6 months or so, and that if anything with the upswing in market I could actually get blue book value vs below book which is what my offers are for it right now.

Realizing fully that in the long term (to me 6mo+) that the s2000 will easily depreciate MUCH faster than any NSX would.

My fear isn't so much that the NSX would be depreciating, but rather that it will start appreciating.

I guess the main question is, when do you think the the NSX market will be bottoming out and that you can realstically say hey if i buy this NSX today, all things constant, I can expect a HIGHER price for it 6 months from now.

And if that is not the time right now, when will it be?

There are 06's and 07's with <25k miles selling in the 21k range. Very few 04's are selling for more then 20k, you might need a reality check to help you make your decision better in that regard. Just look around on s2ki for sale section, "unbelieveable deals" are happening regularly.

Why not keep both (if you can swing it) and keep your shirt?

On the other hand, if your willing to part with your S2K now, then you'll be rewarded with a car that you actually want at a good price. Just buy it and don't look back!

It's such a buyer's market right now, I'm kicking myself for not buying another NSX. Timing is everything, too bad there's no crystal ball huh?

I really wish I could keep both. Financially it is a possibility, but I simply dont have any place to keep all these cars. I have my s2000 which I barely drive. I have a 92 prelude, (dont ask me why I just have an attachment to that year of prelude) and I daily drive it as well as work on restoring it on the weekends, and now I've got a badd NSX virus kicking in.

Theres no way i'd even get remotely close to what I put into the prelude so that stays (plus i need something cheaper to put mileage on)

I've only got a 2 car garage, so therefore the S2000 which I can easily rebuy one later on if I feel the need for in the future for presumably much cheaper is the one to go. I barely have time to drive the s2000, what will I do with another sports car? I'm 23, and someday when I have the garage of my dreams I'd love to have it again as a toy, but right now its just not practical to pay insurance on 3 cars when i barely drive one, at 23 years old.

Kevin in FL,
This thread may not address your questions/issues directly, but maybe it will assist you in your overall decision(s). I particularly enjoyed the thoughtful post by Primer troca (# 5). Anyway, good luck with your decision!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101140

Thanks for the link, I must say I agree with him. Ironically enough I always felt that 20-30-40 years down the road the s2000 would be a car to keep. I mean Mustangs sold like hot cakes and one in good shape is still worth significant sums of money. I just dont know if i'm in the s2000 band wagon for that long ahead.

I'll never part with my prelude though (wierd I know)

i've been watching prices of s2000's and nsx's pretty diligently for about a year now, and it seems that with your choice of nsx (2002+) that you won't find the prices are fluctuating much. It seems that, the 2002+ in a normal color such as black would fall into the 55K-65K range depending on condition and milage. there have been a few examples outside of that range, but only a few.

as for the s2000, it seems like the market is very bad now. s2ki, as you know, has prices for AP2's ranging from around 18K-25K depending on money invested, condition,etc.

i think the only nsx market that was really effected by the economic downturn were the earlier NA1 models, as the steady price of around 30K for a good example has fallen a few grand, but still not by much. again, there are a few outliers to the normal, but this is just my overall observation.

my advice, sell off or keep the modifications on the s2000, and sell it for what you think it is worth, before the car loses more value. the nsx, no matter what year or color you get, will depreciate much slower.

thanks for the opinion mate :wink:

There are 06's and 07's with <25k miles selling in the 21k range. Very few 04's are selling for more then 20k, you might need a reality check to help you make your decision better in that regard. Just look around on s2ki for sale section, "unbelieveable deals" are happening regularly.

Yea I've been noticing people giving these cars away on the forums for a month or two now. I think it has a lot to do with the time of year and economic status of the country. (At least I hope it is)

My asking price is smack dab in the middle of KBB Private Party Value and Retail Value, + $3000 for about $6000 worth of Wheels/Stereo/Warranties.

Of course my $24,965 was a higher end start off point. I expected to be talked down a bit, but I never intended to, nor will I accept ending up at $21 including all mods.

Remember most 04's have significantly more mileage and are in no where near as pristine shape as mine. Their warranties are up, the interiors show much more wear etc... etc...

I just have to find the right person who is willing to undrestand and be willing to pay for those extras.

Yes 06's go for 25k, but they're warranty is up in a year, with similar or more mileage to mine on average, and are bone stock for that price.

My car has a lot going for it to warrant the price, just gotta find the right buyer I think. ( I hope :frown:)

I think you can still find some good 02+ models at good prices, and those would be worth buying now. I believe that the 91 models have pretty much bottomed out in terms of pricing (roughly mid 20k -early 30k depending on condition). My 91' car has appreciated in value despite having even more miles then what I purchased it for.

Good luck in your search

I see your posts on s2ki....you are stuck in a very common dilemma:

"Sell my car now at a lesser price or hold out and risk the car aging which is going to lower the price anyways"

Only YOU can determine how bad you want one car and how much you willing to sacrifice your own s2000 for. Each of us car guys's are in this dilemma everytime we sell so at some point you have to ask yourself what you really want to drive and is it worth the $$$.

For example, my e46 m3 easily I have $100k tied up in it but right now it's a tough market to sell for even KBB + mods depreciated. I'm in no hurry so I just enjoy it in the meantime. My s2k I have well over $60k tied up in it but will NEVER sell it as it's my toy so I drive it to my heart's content :)

Owning a car that you won't put miles on and still paying insurance/payments is a total waste. Unless it's a rare car that demands the low miles (sorry the s2k does not) you will lose value regardless if you drive it or not. So your theory to wait 6 months = 6 months without an NSX and 6 months of depreciation on an s2000. I just read some guy bought a 2007 GPW for $26.5while most 2006's are in the low 20k range.

I think the s2k market is dropping like a rock cuz I remember a few years back I sold my 2001 Spa for $21k :wink: Now you can buy a 06 for that money!

g'luck and I hope you join the NSX owner's soon :)

rk

I held my NSX for a few years and sold it for more than I paid and to the same dealership I bought it from. Had I held the car it woul;d still be worth about what I sold it for a few years ago.

Now for the bad news, I am sure it's well over a 100k in depreciation I have lost on cars I have swapped around in the years since selling the NSX.

The good news, I have had a lot of fun with each one.

There's gonna be a loss somewhere down the road whether you sell the S2k now or later. The economy obviously is nowhere to help and right now, if you're in the situation to sell, I WOULD without the mods and part out the car which MIGHT get you a better deal if you went that route. Just like most people here, if you could keep both I would. But you explained your situation...so switching your garage queen to an NSX wouldn't be bad, as long as you can get a good buyer NOW. Sell the s2k ASAP and enjoy the luxury and fun of the NSX in next week, couple months, or so. I believe the NSX will stay around its selling price range for about a year until depreciating or appreciating a little. Either way, it's not gonna bottom out imho. :redface: :wink:

I see your posts on s2ki....you are stuck in a very common dilemma:

"Sell my car now at a lesser price or hold out and risk the car aging which is going to lower the price anyways"

Only YOU can determine how bad you want one car and how much you willing to sacrifice your own s2000 for. Each of us car guys's are in this dilemma everytime we sell so at some point you have to ask yourself what you really want to drive and is it worth the $$$.

For example, my e46 m3 easily I have $100k tied up in it but right now it's a tough market to sell for even KBB + mods depreciated. I'm in no hurry so I just enjoy it in the meantime. My s2k I have well over $60k tied up in it but will NEVER sell it as it's my toy so I drive it to my heart's content :)

Owning a car that you won't put miles on and still paying insurance/payments is a total waste. Unless it's a rare car that demands the low miles (sorry the s2k does not) you will lose value regardless if you drive it or not. So your theory to wait 6 months = 6 months without an NSX and 6 months of depreciation on an s2000. I just read some guy bought a 2007 GPW for $26.5while most 2006's are in the low 20k range.

I think the s2k market is dropping like a rock cuz I remember a few years back I sold my 2001 Spa for $21k :wink: Now you can buy a 06 for that money!

g'luck and I hope you join the NSX owner's soon :)

rk

keeping the s2000 and buying an NSX is an option.

And one that I'd love to convince myself that I'm ok with.

But I've got my prelude which like you, (although on a much lower scale) I have way too much tied up into to EVER be able to sell.

I have my s2000 which i could get some of my money out of.

And now I want an NSX. Its j ust that I work so much I barely have time for the S2000, and I daily drive my Prelude. I feel like if I go buy the NSX I'm going to drive the s2000 even less making it still just stupid to keep.

I just love the car so much.

I've been over this in my head so many times. Heck, I've even considered selling my g/f's(pretty much fiancee) Mazda 6, and giving her the S2000 and so that I can justify keeping it around. lol

My parents gave me some advice, and they said that if I'm not willing to accept the loss on the s2000 with simple passing 'oh well' then i'm not ready to be purchase a car like the NSX (as expensive as the NSX) yet.

And I guess they're right, that If I'm nickel and diming a grand here or there then I'm probably not really ready to dive into an NSX.

On the other hand though, its not that I'm going to be devistated at the loss of a grand or so, its the price you pay to play. I think its just an emotional bond with the s2000 that just keeps playing in my mind the fact that shes a wonderful car, in perfect shape, and she just doesn't deserve to be just 'given' away.

lol I dont know how this became a practical question about market values on NSX's to discussing the emotional bonds between me and 'Ese' (my s2k) lol.

You guys are all cool, and thanks for letting me just ramble on about 'the usual car guy emotional attachment stuff'

There's gonna be a loss somewhere down the road whether you sell the S2k now or later. The economy obviously is nowhere to help and right now, if you're in the situation to sell, I WOULD without the mods and part out the car which MIGHT get you a better deal if you went that route. Just like most people here, if you could keep both I would. But you explained your situation...so switching your garage queen to an NSX wouldn't be bad, as long as you can get a good buyer NOW. Sell the s2k ASAP and enjoy the luxury and fun of the NSX in next week, couple months, or so. I believe the NSX will stay around its selling price range for about a year until depreciating or appreciating a little. Either way, it's not gonna bottom out imho. :redface: :wink:

So then in your opinion if I put my desire on hold for an NSX for a year, i'm probably not going to have to worry about a dramatically high appreciation within that time frame.

And yes we both agree that the s2000 continue to depreciate I'm just hoping that deprecation curve would slow down or at least flatten out for a while.

Why can't honda just stop selling them arleady! lol.

Last edited:
keeping the s2000 and buying an NSX is an option.

And one that I'd love to convince myself that I'm ok with.

But I've got my prelude which like you, (although on a much lower scale) I have way too much tied up into to EVER be able to sell.

I have my s2000 which i could get some of my money out of.

And now I want an NSX. Its j ust that I work so much I barely have time for the S2000, and I daily drive my Prelude. I feel like if I go buy the NSX I'm going to drive the s2000 even less making it still just stupid to keep.

I just love the car so much.

I've been over this in my head so many times. Heck, I've even considered selling my g/f's(pretty much fiancee) Mazda 6, and giving her the S2000 and so that I can justify keeping it around. lol

My parents gave me some advice, and they said that if I'm not willing to accept the loss on the s2000 with simple passing 'oh well' then i'm not ready to be purchase a car like the NSX (as expensive as the NSX) yet.

And I guess they're right, that If I'm nickel and diming a grand here or there then I'm probably not really ready to dive into an NSX.

On the other hand though, its not that I'm going to be devistated at the loss of a grand or so, its the price you pay to play. I think its just an emotional bond with the s2000 that just keeps playing in my mind the fact that shes a wonderful car, in perfect shape, and she just doesn't deserve to be just 'given' away.

lol I dont know how this became a practical question about market values on NSX's to discussing the emotional bonds between me and 'Ese' (my s2k) lol.

You guys are all cool, and thanks for letting me just ramble on about 'the usual car guy emotional attachment stuff'

So then in your opinion if I put my desire on hold for an NSX for a year, i'm probably not going to have to worry about a dramatically high appreciation within that time frame.

And yes we both agree that the s2000 continue to depreciate I'm just hoping that deprecation curve would slow down or at least flatten out for a while.

Yes, you won't have to worry so much to know that the NSX will DRAMATICALLY appreciate. BUt hang on, we're talking about a year here, I can't vouch for two years or more. I'm also not saying that I'm a fortune teller, but just the way the market and economy is looking like, it's doubtful something of that nature would suffice. Oh and trust me, I was on the same boat when I had to sell my 05 s2k. I had to accept the mediocre loss in order to get something better but then again, I had two other fun cars to begin with, not sayin' the s2k isn't fun, but that was the only reasonable car for me to let go being the others I had fully paid off.

Last edited:

Sorry bro, even if Honda stopped selling the S2000 it still wouldn’t help the depreciation curve. You have to think about the market the S2000 sells in / for.

1. The economy is hurting bad, this affects poor and middle-class people. And I assume the large majority of S2000 owners are in that class. In bad economic times the first thing to go is luxuries / toys.

2. Honda sold quite a few S2000s, so they’re not rare like the NSX is.

3. You are selling it at the beginning of the winter months. True, you mentioned you live in Florida, but if you are offering it for sale on online. Then any potential customers from the northern states or even Canada will hold off until spring to buy!

4. It’s a car, like any other, so it will depreciate

It is a buyer's market, so now is a good time to get into an NSX. With the poor economy, it is hard to predict if NSX prices wil fall further but it is possible. On the other hand, people who can afford them and it being a rare car may not let that happen.

As for appreciation, do you guys think NSX values will actually start going up soon? Is there any evidence to support that or just pure speculation? I never look at a car as an investment, but something to enjoy. However, at this point it is probably better than the stock market :biggrin:

It is a buyer's market, so now is a good time to get into an NSX. With the poor economy, it is hard to predict if NSX prices wil fall further but it is possible. On the other hand, people who can afford them and it being a rare car may not let that happen.

As for appreciation, do you guys think NSX values will actually start going up soon? Is there any evidence to support that or just pure speculation? I never look at a car as an investment, but something to enjoy. However, at this point it is probably better than the stock market :biggrin:

I don't think anything is going to go up any time soon, too many unknowns in the economy, politics and the job front. The NSX is in its forgotten period. Supercar technology has advanced tremendously but the cars are becoming very generic looking. Ten years from now, there will probably be less than half the NSX's sold still on the road. Half of those will be heavily modified, andother 25% high mileage, leaving maybe a 1000 cars that are garage queens. Those cars will begin appreciating, showing up as a "collectible classics" in the magazines, selling at collector auctions, etc.. However, ten years is a long time and my crystal ball is wrong at least 50% of the time and not very accurate the other half.

Unless you're a collector, don't ever, ever, ever buy a car with the idea that's it's going to go up in value. Might as well take the $40,000 to Vegas and put it all on black. Buy a car because it's something you want to own and drive. If it goes up in value, consider yourself lucky; if it goes down, consider yourself normal.

Just an FYI, the auction value for your car (2004 S2000) is $14-15k. 2003 are in the $12-13k range. If you can get anywhere close to $20k for it, I would consider yourself very lucky. The longer you hold it, the more you'll lose, even if you don't drive it. Good luck.

I don't think anything is going to go up any time soon, too many unknowns in the economy, politics and the job front. The NSX is in its forgotten period. Supercar technology has advanced tremendously but the cars are becoming very generic looking. Ten years from now, there will probably be less than half the NSX's sold still on the road. Half of those will be heavily modified, andother 25% high mileage, leaving maybe a 1000 cars that are garage queens. Those cars will begin appreciating, showing up as a "collectible classics" in the magazines, selling at collector auctions, etc.. However, ten years is a long time and my crystal ball is wrong at least 50% of the time and not very accurate the other half.

Unless you're a collector, don't ever, ever, ever buy a car with the idea that's it's going to go up in value. Might as well take the $40,000 to Vegas and put it all on black. Buy a car because it's something you want to own and drive. If it goes up in value, consider yourself lucky; if it goes down, consider yourself normal.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Back