• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has the NSX found it's match? 2009 Nismo Z

When I see things like this, I can't help but think that despite all the amazing features and what is surely an equally amazing car, it still looks essentially like the 20 or 30 other 350/370Z's I see every day.

Again, I don't mean this disrespectfully, but it almost doesn't matter how hooked up the car is, it still lacks the mystique of an exotic, rare car that one encounters once or twice a year (such as an NSX around here). Similar deal with 911TT/GT3, Corvette Z06/ZR1, Mustang Cobra/Shelby500GT, and other cars that look like little more than a special version of an otherwise commonplace sight on the road.

Nice car. I'm glad they got rid of the front fangs. I've gotten used to the hooked headlights and taillights, but I still don't like the fangs.

Here I was thinking they did some extensive engine mods to get the power up to 350, such as 8000 redline and remapped fueling/timing. But instead, really it was just a Nismo bolt-on exhaust... How about a 370 hp 370z? Yea...

O, and no, it still lacks in the looks department. Had it had the shape of the Z32 300ZX, then there might be a match.

"In a true sports car the only thing that should be behind the driver is the engine!"
My wife's quote.

I saw it in Manhattan @ the auto show. It's not bad for a 30k price tag. So it's decently priced for a 332hp engine. Nice competition for the discontinued S2000(still wondering what will replace it). The tails do take some getting used to. The new TL's are really odd-looking as well. You really can't go wrong with all the new features that are being included. The 370 kills the NSX are far as features but when it comes down to how it will hold up down the road resale/trade-in value wise, it doesn't come close. Now it does have a manual transmission. Obviously, it should but I'm still trying to figure out why the new GT-R has only one option, automatic with paddle shifters.

An '05 Z is worth about 14k now. NSX prevails and will continue to turn heads from years to come. Now all I need to do is get one!...:biggrin:

Simple answer.

No.

Stephen

Haha, and they say NSX owners are not elitist!

I like it, it would make a great winter beater.
:cool:

As a previous twin turbo 350Z owner for 3.5 years, I like it, but probably would never consider buying it. I guess it is just the way of new cars having a bunch electronic assistance. The auto-blip is amazing as technology is concerned, but as I driver I like putting my knowledge of heel and toe to work. Though it is a good thing that they made it so you could turn the auto-blip on and off. Also, I love the tachometer in that car. It looks really slick.

When I see things like this, I can't help but think that despite all the amazing features and what is surely an equally amazing car, it still looks essentially like the 20 or 30 other 350/370Z's I see every day.

Again, I don't mean this disrespectfully, but it almost doesn't matter how hooked up the car is, it still lacks the mystique of an exotic, rare car that one encounters once or twice a year (such as an NSX around here). Similar deal with 911TT/GT3, Corvette Z06/ZR1, Mustang Cobra/Shelby500GT, and other cars that look like little more than a special version of an otherwise commonplace sight on the road.

+1. Looks like every other cookie cutter.

Never liked the new generation 350 Z 2003+ or 370Z. Front / back looks fuggly.

You can say it again, for me, Gabe!
The best looking Zs are the original 240z and the 1990 300zx. The new ones look fugly. There might be a few angles that make it look decent. Why can't a Z look somewhat like a AM Vantage? Afterall, not all Nissan designs are inhouse.
No, the only match that the NSX ever had was the F355. The great Nissan GTR is in a league of its own but still lacks the look department. The Nismo is really just apple to orange.
Steve

I like, its cool that its smaller and lighter. Bucking the trend of every other sportscar evolution.

My biggest gripe is the stupid front fangs?? That would be the first thing I would remove/modify

^^

Yeah, something about the entire visual package looks butchered. It doesn't seem to flow correctly.

Technology wise I'm sure it's amazing but once that "honey moon" period wears off do you still think this car would have that fresh and exciting feel....... I doubt it. My G35 (totally diiferent car) felt this way. We loved it when we first bought it but months later it was just blah. Now we can't wait until the lease is up.

The title topic surely has to be a attention getter and not a real question. :biggrin:

how about going to the track with the nissan 370z, will the nsx prevail at ease?

Back