• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Have question need answers.....

So last week I went to the garage and start the NSX and car won't start it will turn and crack on but will die right away. Happen couple time waited and then car start right up and runs fine. Did a test on the battery and turns out battery was bad. Replace it with a brand new Interstate battery car start up fine. Couple days later it happen again car will start and die right away. Waited a couple minute car start up fine again. This time eps light came on. Pulled the 7.5 fuse out under the hood eps went away. Everything is fine again. Did a search here on prime but can't seems to have any luck with anything to do with what I am having problem with. Only thing I can think of is either the main relay or the alternator.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Oh yea today I knowest that the battery gauge in the car will go up and down between 12v and 14v. But the car still runs smooth and fine :confused:.

Main relay, or ignition switch. Mine did the same thing. I have a spare new main relay, but mine turned out to be the ignition switch. replaced that last year and its been fine ever since. Now I just keep the new main relay in my glove box for future use.

I'm gonna replace the main relay. Ignition switch, where is it located and how hard is it to replace? And how much does it cost?

I'm gonna replace the main relay. Ignition switch, where is it located and how hard is it to replace? And how much does it cost?

Page 23-72 of the 1991-1996 repair manual. Same page in the 1991 just better pics in the newer one.

Main relay, or ignition switch. Mine did the same thing. I have a spare new main relay, but mine turned out to be the ignition switch. replaced that last year and its been fine ever since. Now I just keep the new main relay in my glove box for future use.

I would install the new one and keep the old as spare.

Mike

Last edited:
Back