• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Head Lights Blinking

I'm in the process of rebuilding a totaled 2003 NSX. The car is basically back together- still needs alignment, AC charge, paint.

Tonight I put a new battery in the key fob and unlocked the door with the fob instead of putting the key in the door as usual. The headlights started blinking on to high beams and off about every 2 seconds.

I disconnected the battery and waited a few minutes. When I hooked the battery back up, the blinking resumed. Seemed possibly related to the security system.

Any thoughts, or recomendations?

Make sure all of the essential electronics are plugged in on the interior of the car. If you had the speedometer out plug it back in. I know many cars flash their lights if you don't have the cluster plugged in (prevents odometer fraud and such). The security system shouldn't flash your high beams.

I'm guessing it's using the high beams instead of the low beams because the low beams are HID.

Check to make sure the horn is functional as what could be happening is the alarm is going off but you can't hear it because the horn isn't working.

Your answer makes sense because the horn is not operational. So assuming I've managed to trip the alarm with the key fob opener, how do I turn it off.

Regards

Try using the key in the door lock, if it dosent work in the drivers door try it in the pass. door or the trunk, you may have a bad switch in 1 of the acuators that that dosent defeat the alarm ive also seen bad horns lock the security system out, u can try unplugging the horns , just a couple of things weve seen in the past something to check that might lead to a quick fix for u good luck

Last edited:
Back