• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headrest logo- reversible custom tip

I have a very nice 96-T red/camel, and have wanted to make a few upgrades without doing anything that could not be cleanly reversed. I have a custom console and stereo/nav, but retained the original for that reason. I also wanted to see the NSX logo on the interior, and liked the idea of it embroidered into seats or headrests. Came up with a way to do that without making any permanent changes. What you see below is like a seat-cover, custom matched and fitted to wrap the original headrest. It's retained with a velcro closure underneath, came out perfect. Picture could be better, though- click on the pic for a much better view!

Original- with covers added
HeadrestOrg.jpg. HeadrestLogo.jpg96-T oblique.jpg

Last edited:
The material is not leather. The original seats have a leather face, but the rest of the material is a vinyl fabric- including the sides and backs on the headrests. I matched that vinyl from commercial product samples that my upholstery shop had. I did the logo layout, and had a local shop that does custom embroidery stitch the panels, then the upholstery shop did the rest.

Back