• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello from a newbie in So Cal

Just took a delivery of highly modded 91 NSX. I've been looking for a dedicated track toy for a while but never considered a NSX until I found this car. To be honest I was torn between track ready cayman and this. Had no knowledge on highly modded NSX but I knew the seller for a long time from other car forum so I trusted his insights. He is very well known for building just 'right' kind of monsters so I was expecting nothing less than a special car from him. Also came with the car is two pallets full of takeoffs and extra parts which took me more than half day to go through. LOL
Now the driving impression... Just put 100mi driving through canyons and empty back roads. Amazingly the car felt rock solid and well balanced. Feels very light and nimble almost like a go cart, a fast 420whp go cart. It also feels very stable at high speed. Must be the well sorted suspensions and aeros working great together. The brakes have great initial bite and outstanding pedal feel like modern exotics. Overall, I didn't find anything I dislike... I'm truly impressed with the car and I'm having hard time believing it's a 20+ yr old car. Without any doubt this is going to be a keeper. As I'm still new to NSX, I look forward to learn and get to know people from this forum. I'm planning on taking her out to track soon so stay tuned. :)

Here is a list of mods for mod junkies like myself :)

SOS stage 2 built motor
SOS supercharger
SOS oil cooler with oil pressure gauge relocation kit
AEM EMS
Comptech headers
Koyo Racing radiator
OEM 6 spd tranny
SOS 350 clutch & flywheel
Brembo BBK (indy calipers)
KW V3 coilover
Sway bars
17, 18 Advan wheels with Continental Extreme DW 215-40-17 and 265/35-18
Taitec NSX-R hood
Downforce CF NSX-R hood duct
Taitec Carbon Fiber rear diffuser
Taitec GT-001 JGTC center exite exhaust
Downforce Under Tray
Downforce Battery Cover
Sparco steering
Short shifter
Kenwood double din
Plus every non-compliance parts

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful NSX. When I was reading "track ready" then saw the pics I was surprised. I was actually expecting to see a track car. You have the best of both worlds now. Congrats.

Nice!

What year was this? Do you know if the build for the car is already here?

Much <3 for the TAITEC diffuser+JGTC Center Exhaust (any video/audio clips?).

Last edited:
Welcome! You've got a great car there. It's always gratifying to get initial impressions of those not 100% familiar with the car we as a community obsess about on prime. Also very glad to see you're not wasting any time in enjoying your purchase!

Beautimus! What hood ya got? Looks like it's got great fitment.

Thanks for the compliments.
I'm very happy with the car and I can't stop driving it. :smile:
BTW, the hood is Taitec NSX-R style in FRP.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your NSX. She looks beautiful and definitely has some nice mods. I'm sure you'll enjoy going to the track to really test her out. Enjoy!

Nice, one more owner who can keep up with us fi people hehe. Look forward to meeting you one of Les's epic drives. Drives only SoCal gets ;)

Nice car and congrats, your car collection is quite delightful especially that GT

Been busy enjoying the car. So far I've done 5 track days and 10+ canyon runs.... Man, I love this car!!!
Small progress since I bought the car... Still a long way to go but there is nothing more enjoyable than making your very own car.

Sparco EVO II seats on SOS rails
wrap3_zpsebf2de92.jpg

Cedar Ridge harness bar and Schroth 6pt harness
wrap5_zpsd78f4770.jpg

Satin pearl white wrap and APR GT300 wing
wrap2_zps289ba6ab.jpg

wrap1_zps8902d572.jpg

wrap4_zps13f85779.jpg

Last edited:
How's the McLaren after driving the NSX?

How's the McLaren after driving the NSX?
Love my NSX but the Mac is in another level in terms of every performance aspects. IMO, no other cars in the market drives and feels better than the Mac. But for some strange reason, I'm more emotionally attached to NSX and Ford GT :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back