• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello SF/Bay Area Owners (Garage Showroom)

Hello Prime NSX'ers

I have been in the process of remodeling my garage for my NSX.:biggrin:
Project completion is almost near, and all left on the to do list are paint.... and floor.:frown:

Now on the floor. I really want to do something nice and cool.
(Epoxy paint is nice but not on our options list)
We were considering of tiling the whole floor and wife seems to like the idea.
I also brought up the idea of just installing Race Deck tiles w/c will probably be cheaper and easier to install but Wife is not sold on the race deck since she don’t know how the product would look like in person.:confused:

Is there anyone Local that has some Race deck or other brand installed in their garage or shop?
If so… will u be willing and hopefully have time to spare to show us.:smile:

Thank you in advance,

Ariel

Last edited:
I know a motorcycle shop in Pleasanton that has some race-deck installed in one section of their shop - not a whole floor but a pad for motrocycle display. Enough to give you an idea though! (maybe 6' x 12" or so?)

http://www.ema-usa.com/ - they're pretty close to Home Depot. Even if you do a Mapquest or use a NAV it's easy to miss because they do mostly e-tail as opposed to retail so not a big street presence.

They are a supplier for RaceDeck so there doesn't need to be a hidden premise for going to check it out!

I used a water base stain with good results but after 5 years there is some lifting from hot or wet tires My favorite finish for a garage floor is diamond ground similar to terazzo where the aggregate is exposed it is easy the clean and very attractive but results depend on the type and condition of the floor.

My two cents

But worth less

Alex

Attachments

• DSC02664.JPG
    DSC02664.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 82
Back