• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help Asap transmission disassembly

Im currently at school and trying to dissasemble the nsx trans and cant find any info on mitchell or alldata. I called SOS they told me to do a nsxprime search. Where can I find an online manual for free? I searched trust me!!!!

HOLY CRAP is there any special magic trick to get the snap ring back on the top of the counter shaft????????? Getting it off was hard but how do you get it back on. The snap ring stays in the case and how do you ever know if its even cliped to the back sing of the shaft since you cant see it? what a horribly design.:mad:

Thanks ill give it a try. Im guess this is with the house bolts out? Heavy son'of a btw. and by upside down you mean bell housing in the air?

Thanks ill give it a try. Im guess this is with the house bolts out? Heavy son'of a btw. and by upside down you mean bell housing in the air?

Do you have the end cover bolted on? Torque all the bolts as per FSM. Leave the big sealing bolt out that covers the snap ring. Grab the tranny, flip it over and bang it gently on a thick piece of wood. The shaft will drop and the snap ring will grab the groove on the bearing. You will hear a click as it grabs. Flip trans over and confirm snap ring is seated on bearing groove. Torque large sealing bolt down and good to go. hth :smile:

Do you have the end cover bolted on? Torque all the bolts as per FSM. Leave the big sealing bolt out that covers the snap ring. Grab the tranny, flip it over and bang it gently on a thick piece of wood. The shaft will drop and the snap ring will grab the groove on the bearing. You will hear a click as it grabs. Flip trans over and confirm snap ring is seated on bearing groove. Torque large sealing bolt down and good to go. hth :smile:

You sir are my new best friend! TY a million. 100% greatful

Back