• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help! climate control

Hello,

So, i've removed my board already and I need to replace the capacitors. Where do I buy them? Which ones do I replace? I've seen some leaking. Also, how do I clean the board (from the leaking cap)?

problems:
clicking sound (if I change the fan settings it stops)
only works on high setting.

Many many thanks guys!

I live in california.

Some say I can buy them in radio shack?

IT be great if you can fix it yourself, i have the same issue if you manage to fix it please let me know so i can do it my self too and im also in so cali as well. Good luck on that project.

awesome! thanks. what can I use to remove the leaking capacitors?

you know if there's any local store that might have these.

Here are the Digikey part numbers as I ordered them last year.

Peter

1 1 P5553-ND ECA-1VHG331 CAP 330UF 35V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.62000 $0.62
2 1 P5519-ND ECA-1AHG331 CAP 330UF 10V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.33000 $0.33
3 1 P5517-ND ECA-1AHG101 CAP 100UF 10V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.25000 $0.25
4 4 P5550-ND ECA-1VHG470 CAP 47UF 35V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.25000 $1.00
5 1 P5565-ND ECA-1HHG3R3 CAP 3.3UF 50V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.25000 $0.25
6 1 P5562-ND ECA-1HHGR47 CAP .47UF 50V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.25000 $0.25
7 1 P5570-ND ECA-1HHG470 CAP 47UF 50V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.33000 $0.33
8 1 P5551-ND ECA-1VHG101 CAP 100UF 35V ELECT NHG RADIAL 0 0.33000 $0.33
9 1 P924-ND ECE-A1VKG220 KG RAD ALUM ELEC CAP 22UF 35V 0 0.33000 $0.33
10 1 493-1770-ND UPW1C220MDD6 CAP 22UF 16V ELECT PW RADIAL 0 0.33000 $0.33

Peter

90% of the do it yourself people do not have the skills or tools to do this repair and end up sending it to me to finish.
Yup. (Especially that working testbed climate control system on your workbench, to test it out before going through the trouble of re-installing the circuit boards in the car.)

Given how easy it is to work with Briank and how reasonable his prices are, I don't know why anyone would go to all the trouble of tracking down and installing parts which might end up not working.

Yup. (Especially that working testbed climate control system on your workbench, to test it out before going through the trouble of re-installing the circuit boards in the car.)

Given how easy it is to work with Briank and how reasonable his prices are, I don't know why anyone would go to all the trouble of tracking down and installing parts which might end up not working.

+1 :smile:

^ +1

amen to that. i've used brian twice and have ZERO problems. can't say enough. just send it to him.

didn't know we have an expert in that field here, Brian can you give me a quote on the repair please? it was working fine but i removed it to fit a radio and now that i installed it back on it comes on by it self and the screen comes on and off at times.

Just wanted to add my name to the list of satisfied customers that Brian has helped....
Having him do the repair is a "no brainer" as he has done all our climate control units and I have never heard a negative thing said regarding his work.

Thanks a million for the great job Brian :smile:

didn't know we have an expert in that field here, Brian can you give me a quote on the repair please? it was working fine but i removed it to fit a radio and now that i installed it back on it comes on by it self and the screen comes on and off at times.

Post #6, check the links in BrianK's sig:)

Repair on the climate control unit is $170 if you send the whole unit and $135 if you take it apart and just send the control board (the back half of the unit).

and if you asking how to remove them :eek: ( soilder iron/gun )

you def need to send to Briank

and def dont use a dewalt drill to drill out the soilder points LOL

yikes:eek:

hairbrain idea comes to mind

awesome! thanks. what can I use to remove the leaking capacitors?

you know if there's any local store that might have these.

I normally just cut then off with a small diagonal cutter and then clean the leakage, suck the solder out of the holes, repair the damaged traces, solder in new capacitors and then test for proper operation. Have done this hundreds of times in the past 8 years with a 99% success rate.

Brian Did a great job helping me fix the AC board and clean the ac fan the turn around time is very quick.

Thanks again!

Sam

With 45 years experience in integrated circuit and telecommunications equipment design, I repaired my own CCU.

But, if you don't have a good fine point temperature-controlled soldering iron and either a solder-sucker or solder removal braided copper ribbon (I can't remember the trade name of the stuff), you can do more damage to the printed circuit board than the blown capacitors ever did. Also, these are polarized capacitors (electrolytics) with a + and - end. Put them in backward and they will self-destruct.

So, as others have implied, if you are not a hobbyist or professional with experience in electronics repair, BrianK by far is your best answer.

Back