• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HELP! need a recall clearance letter

Has anyone here brought an NSX in from the states? I know it has been done in the past, however i just spoke to Acura and they told me that they would not give me a recall clearance letter since it would be considered a grey market vehicle. Can someone please help me out and let me know what i need to do to get this letter as it is the only thing holding me back right now.

thanks in advance

I just brought one back from the US. Have you already purchased the car? You cannot contact Acura in Canada to provide you with a recall letter. You must contact Acura in the US. They are located in Torrance, CA.

Check this post... http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20722

For Ontario, the additional requirements before licensing is SSC (Safety Standards Certificate) and the Emissions testing (Drive Clean).

With the following items, the MTO will provide you with a license plate and you are good to go.

- Form 1 - completed and stamped
- Form 2 - completed and stamped
- Recall letter from Acura of USA
- SSC
- Drive Clean - Vehicle Emissions Report (passing result)
- Customs Casual Goods Document (payment proof of GST and Import taxes)
- Proof of insurance

Duties on a US car (add this to your purchase price)

- unless you purchase a US car from Canada, you will have to pay local state taxes
- I purchased my car in the US and brought it over so the logistics is a little different

7% GST
8% PST for Ontario
6.1% Import tax (since the car was made in Japan not the US)

Last edited:
Acura USA will not give you a clearance letter unless you own the car. They require that you fax over a copy of the Title or DMV registration. That's what I did to get mine before I export / imported it.

The recall letter is specific to your VIN i.e. they will check thier database to ensure that your vehicle has performed all the recalls. Acura will not give a recall letter to someone other other than the registered owner.

Back