• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help - NSX will not start...then it did (need an exorcist?)

Fct

Contributing Member
Hello and thanks for checking:

I just brought the car back from the dealer. Service had it for a day and could not replicate the problem I described.

Problem - I parked the car at 9 AM, went to work then returned at lunch. Started the car but it would just turn but not fire...tried a couple of times then gave up. After work at 5, tried again and no success. Tried again at 6 and still no success. Called the tow truck and an hour later when truck arrived, started it again and success. Of course the tow truck driver was not impressed and I was embarrassed but relieved. I took it to the dealer and left it overnight. The dealer called in the morning and said it started for them but agreed to keep it for observation.

If you have this similar experience, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Was it under heat? Was it heat inside?

The following happens to me:- I drove my car for around 1 hour. Park the car under cover, the weather is hot in Hong Kong. The inside cabin is also hot if the air con is not on. I had dinner for about 2 hours and try to start the car again, the car didn't start. No engine turn, no ignition. Only the lights on the dash lights up. I opened the engine cover and "hammer lightly" the starter motor and the alternator. Still didn't work. "Bann" on the rear cover behind the seat where the main relay was located, didnt work. Finally, walk away for 30 minutes getting a drink (as I was already wet!) and back. The car start normal, no drop in battery and the car started right away without any hesitation.

I still think it is the main relay casuing the problem but could not be 100% sure. Or it could be my stupid aftermarket alarm.

Any thoughts?

Was it under heat? Was it heat inside?

The following happens to me:- I drove my car for around 1 hour. Park the car under cover, the weather is hot in Hong Kong. The inside cabin is also hot if the air con is not on. I had dinner for about 2 hours and try to start the car again, the car didn't start. No engine turn, no ignition. Only the lights on the dash lights up. I opened the engine cover and "hammer lightly" the starter motor and the alternator. Still didn't work. "Bann" on the rear cover behind the seat where the main relay was located, didnt work. Finally, walk away for 30 minutes getting a drink (as I was already wet!) and back. The car start normal, no drop in battery and the car started right away without any hesitation.

I still think it is the main relay casuing the problem but could not be 100% sure. Or it could be my stupid aftermarket alarm.

Any thoughts?

No it was not hot that day, in fact it was raining; it has been cool in Vancouver, around 12 to 15 C. I did not try anything, but thought there was no fuel going to the injectors.

Back