• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with Timing Belt

I need to do a timing belt replacement. Several years ago I saw a document on here that had a step by step instruction on replacing a timing belt. I can't find it in the WIKI, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Fox

If you intend to work on your own car, you should really buy the service manual. Buy it once, use it forever - worth every penny. You can buy one here.

I already have one on CD, but I wanted a different perspective from someone who actually knew what they were doing. The manual sometimes leaves out the small details. Thanks for your input.

Fox

If you intend to work on your own car, you should really buy the service manual. Buy it once, use it forever - worth every penny. You can buy one here.

Why not just download the service manual onto a laptop with a wifi connection. Work in the garage and access the internet if a problem arises :confused: :confused:

the manual is very good for the TB. just follow it step by step.

remember to be liberal with the engine shifting to get to all the parts you need.

happy motoring

Rob:smile:

Why not just download the service manual onto a laptop with a wifi connection.
I find it much easier to have the actual manual handy, but whatever works for you. The idea is the same, you ought to have the diagrams and instructions in the manual, at a minimum, close at hand while working on the car.

Back