• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help with window replacement

someone cracked the passenger glass. Is it an easy job to replace the window glass? I know how to take the door down.

Can anyone point me to a right direction?

Last edited:
thanx hugh, i'm gonna give her a go!!! my mechanic was trying to charge me $1200 to replace it. He said there are many parts to replace not just the glass which kinda scared me.

I think I found a 96 window glass for $250, can i assume that will fit 92 since the body is the same?

thanx hugh, i'm gonna give her a go!!! my mechanic was trying to charge me $1200 to replace it. He said there are many parts to replace not just the glass which kinda scared me.

I think I found a 96 window glass for $250, can i assume that will fit 92 since the body is the same?

Yup. Same part numbers. They cost $375 from the dealer. (www.acuraoemparts.com)

When you're in there lube the rails the window slides up and down on with Honda's urea grease or something similar.

I have an extra passenger side glass i can sell you.

Where are you located?

Although the manual is very detailed, it is not easy to remove and install a new door glass. The manual makes it seem straight forward. It is not trivial.

Make sure you mark all the bolts so that when you put it back the window aligns correctly and no wind noise. Use a sharpie and outline all nuts and bolts. The most important ones are the two window stoppers, and rail alignment bolts.

Before you remove the nuts with the allen bolts, you should mark it first. The best way to mark them is to use a sharpie and make a line on the nut and on the bolt. Make sure you remove the nut with an allen wrench in place to keep it from moving. You will know if the bolt turned because of the alignment mark you just made with the sharpie. Once you remove the nut, take your allen wrench and marking on the bolt to determine how many revolutions to tightened the bolt all the way (clockwise). Write this down. This will help to make sure that the glass sits in the same spot as when you took it out. Otherwise it will be a guessing game.

Removing the rear sash is a PITA. Removing the door latch rod is very tricky. I have done several of them, and I still have trouble each time. Get some silicone spray and spray the door latch rod first. The manual makes it seem so easy...you just pull and it comes out. You should buy a replacement part for this at the dealer before you start. You will most likely break the plastic piece. Just remember that the yellow washer goes on then the gold lock washer (both on the same side). It is the side that you can't see. Put the plastic sleeve first through the door latch lever slide hole. Then lock it in place with the yellow washer than the metal washer.

Make sure you remove the window rails and clean them completely. Use silicone spray to get off all the old grease off the rails. Then lube it up with only Honda Hi Temp Urea grease. Do not use any other grease. Lube up the rails and the plastic pieces on the glass very well. Lube up the window regulator (see manual). When putting back the window, the plastic slide pieces should be pointing up and down the rails with the spring sides pointing up. The plastic pieces should go in the rails easily or you have them pointing the wrong way.

Follow the%2

Last edited:
I replaced the passenger-side window yesterday, and found an easy way to remove the latch rod; Once the rear sash bolts are removed, you can stick a long screwdriver through the sash bolt hole (the one with the hex head) and pry the latch rod off. Be sure to lube it up first. Mine came off, and snapped back on, no problem.

Back