• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Here it as right now....

image015-1.jpg

Moses called it LOL.

anyway I think maybe the vents on the trunk could cool a trunk mounted turbo setup. other than that I dont know.

the lambo doors def not cool anymore.

but the flames on the paint WOW, if you stare at it long enough it looks like they are moving optical illusion kinda thing I would love to see it in person.

I dont know about anything other than OEM paint but this is done very well. minus the lambo doors and this car is very clean.

I am interested about your experience with the Dali rear hatch, please post up how you feel about the product!

I was looking into getting the SOS rear hatch as well...now I suppose that Dali is the only game in town.

Your NSX isn't my style, but if you like it then keep on keepin' on!

Re: Here it as right now.... Order the Lexan Hatch and scoop

Ok! Now I'm gettin' a little excited...

I ordered the Lexan hatch and scoop from daliracing.com. Based on if the car is still drivable in light rain, then I will decide about the ITB’s , supercharger, or twin turbo.
Of course interior redo is required before anything else.
On Dali Racing, Mark has a GREAT sense of humor and will banter quite well.
In today’s bad economy and with everyone on edge Mark’s outgoing attitude is refreshing.
:biggrin:

If you have any info regarding the lexan hatch from Dali Racing, please let me know. I have ordered one with scoop 6 month ago and also transfered the money. The guy just disappeared, and now I'm running after my money!:mad::frown:

What are the vents on the trunk cooling?

I always wondered that too, but I think they have to be closed off or else your trunk would be full of water?

The flames look great, just not my cup of tea on an NSX.

Ok! Now I'm gettin' a little excited...

I ordered the Lexan hatch and scoop from daliracing.com. Based on if the car is still drivable in light rain, then I will decide about the ITB’s , supercharger, or twin turbo.
Of course interior redo is required before anything else.
On Dali Racing, Mark has a GREAT sense of humor and will banter quite well.
In today’s bad economy and with everyone on edge Mark’s outgoing attitude is refreshing.
:biggrin:

Good luck getting your product. Alot of us have been scammed by Dali.

LOL welcome to the year 1998.

Ok, but the lambo doors are functional on the NSX as the door is so big I couldn't open the door wide enough in some parking spots to even get out. Plus! The lambo doors are not used on many things anymore so they have become unique as proven by the people that stop me every time I open the door(s).

It's "wow, those doors are so cool!"

If you have any info regarding the lexan hatch from Dali Racing, please let me know. I have ordered one with scoop 6 month ago and also transfered the money. The guy just disappeared, and now I'm running after my money!:mad::frown:

According to Mark at Dali Racing, he has them in stock and is boxing it up.

You have 6 months to reverse a charge from your credit card so don't let it go past that.

He only does pay pal and I would have to look up what the limits are but my credit card company (that I use on paypal) would reverse the charge to paypal and not Dali.

From my limited knowledge if paypal gets too many complaints they will remove the offender (Dali) from their site.

So far (qualified right now) Mark SEEMS like a nice guy and always responds to my emails quickly so I will reserve any judgments until I see first hand. I used to get real upset if someone didn't deliver now I just make a call and get the item reversed.

Last edited:
oh wow. never once did i think about easier access to the vehicle in crowded spots. i stand corrected!

Ok, but the lambo doors are functional on the NSX as the door is so big I couldn't open the door wide enough in some parking spots to even get out. Plus! The lambo doors are not used on many things anymore so they have become unique as proven by the people that stop me every time I open the door(s).

My NSX had lambo doors on it before I bought it and it was the biggest pain in the ass ever to get in and out of the damn car. I felt like I had to be gumby to contort myself. If you think its cool... thats what matters.

I am in the auto body business, what we have found is that the lambo doors don't work well unless they are installed by a shop that knows what they are doing. Also, there are a lot of China knock-off hinges that don't work worth beans and even will crack and break. We have fixed many incorrectly installed hinges and there have been a few that were so cheap AND installed so poorly that we couldn't even do anything with them unless we replaced the "A' pillar and one would have required a partial uniside!

The biggest issue is getting the proper match of strut for the weight of the door.

My buddy I bought mine from does this stuff for a living, but the biggest issue was they didnt go a full 90 degrees up and you had to contort yourself to get in and out. When he brought me the car when I bought it from him I went to Acura dealer the following Monday and ordered the factory hinges. The old lambo hinges lay on the floor on the garage...

Re: Here it as right now....(pictures)

Sorry people,

I am new to the forum stuff and posted the pictures on my profile.

And yes, I know they are too small so I am working on that also.

Here are a few that "should" fit the size and they are .jpg now.

NSX_20111001_007.jpg

NSX_20111001_061.jpg

Just enjoy your ride bro! Ignore the negative comments. It's yours to do whatever you want to it. Nice paint work. Be yourself!!! Others will always ridicule you for being different. It's like they can't comprehend someone not wanting to be just like them.

I think this car is pretty cool. The vents on the trunk would be great for keeping groceries cool like fruits, vegetables, bags of ice, even ice cream lol. The lambo doors I never had a problem with. I always thought it was a great idea when you need to park next to a curb. You dont have to worry about the bottom of the door hitting the curb and scratching the paint. I believe this person is trying to make a show car? If so he is going in the right direction. Also, the flames look very real. This guy found a very good paint shop. If I saw this car I would try to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher after I would just have to say "opps my bad lol" I wish you luck with the rest of your build. I will make one suggestion that most people would bad mouth but I think its a cool mod is a roof scoop. If you make it functional OMG thats super cool. Also, maybe delete/shave the turn signals. I saw one guy that did that and looked so clean and sharp.

Last edited:
Sweet Lambo/Transformer.

In all seriousness, work looks clean. If you enjoy the car and like it thats all that matters.

Welcome to NSXPrime

The crowd here is very opinionated and somewhat close-minded. Tough crowd at times LOL

Umm. What's with the side skirt? Is there a cut in it or is that shadow from the door? Anyway, cool flame. Look like u had the front lip molded to the front bumper.

I would take the trunk vents out. look out of place. So, yea. Cool color.

Thanks for ALL the comments. The positives AND the negatives. One thing I've learned over the years is any input helps.

As for shaving the signal lights (turns signals) I did think about that but this is my daily driver during any day there isn't snow or heavy rain. In Colorado that's about 9 month a year.

As for the scoop. I ordered the rear hatch with the functional scoop, from Dali Racing and just received the tracking number today!

Next will be determined by how much water is scooped up. If it's a lot I will have to fabricate an ITB box.

I own a small, very small, auto-body shop so I employ a couple of graphic painters. They are very good!

The side skirt is not cut out. It's just the shadow. The bumpers are both molded as are the side skirts. We had to cut the side skirts off to mount the lambo doors so the side skirt have to be repainted now.

I am debating on either painting the lambo hinges to car color OR should I chrome them?

Another is that I need to redo the interior but not sure what colors and if I should do a raised leather type theme.

We did a punisher theme on a Solstice (www.punisherpontiac.com) for a guy and the raised look (skull and flames) on the interior panels are way cool but I can't figure out a theme that goes with the flames. Maybe Fantastic Four? LOL

Opinions are ALWAYS welcome.

You daily drive that! Thats so cool! I do the samething with my NSX. I totally understand that your trying to be nice and legal. How about some JDM side markers? I guess you would have to repaint those flames tho. Its up to you. I just wanted to give you a friendly suggestion. Also, its cool to hear your getting a functional roof scoop. One more thing are you sticking with those wheels? How about we go a little bigger?

Attachments

• 40134_110171455716545_100001710724253_61514_3557876_n.jpg
    40134_110171455716545_100001710724253_61514_3557876_n.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I own a small, very small, auto-body shop so I employ a couple of graphic painters. They are very good!

The side skirt is not cut out. It's just the shadow. The bumpers are both molded as are the side skirts. We had to cut the side skirts off to mount the lambo doors so the side skirt have to be repainted now.

I am debating on either painting the lambo hinges to car color OR should I chrome them?

Back in the day when I was into the "Hot Import Night" phase of cars, I always painted lambo door hinges to match the car. Most people never even did that and I always thought it looked like poop. My widebody is all molded as well, except for front bumper and I didnt have to cut anything to take the lambo hinges off... it was a major pain in the arse I will say that.

Back