• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hey Guys! New here, trying to get some advice for offsets.

Hello All! I joined the NSX Prime Forums in hope to get some advice regarding selecting a "Flush" looking wheel stance but absolutely not hanging out past the fenders and no rubbing issues. This is actually for my customers car which is a stock 96 Acura NSX. He will not be looking at any big break kits nor suspension mods either. So the car will remain at stock ride height I would imagine as long as he owns the car. I'm just building a custom exhaust and intake for the car and helping him with the wheels. We have kinda somewhat narrowed the pickin's down to the advan rsII or advan RZ. Definitely going with a 17/18" setup. I was thinking 17x8 up front and 18x9 in the back. I don't want to hinder the car with unnecessary wide wheels out back since it won't be making tons more power when it leaves here to take advantage of that... Offsets for the 17x8 are available in +37, +45 and +54. Would the +37 be too aggressive up front on stock suspension? For the 18x9 there are et +25, +35 and +63. Again, would the +25 be too aggressive out back? Really would like to get them closer to the flush look then really in-set. No rubbing is key as well. Really want to point my customer in the right direction and have him happy with the end results... From everything that I've gathered from the forums here it's sounding like an et of +40 up front would be ideal and et 30 out back given the circumstances? Help me out guys! Thanks very much in advance for any insight!
- Martin

Standard sizing for the Advan RSII is 17x8.0+37 and 18x10.0+37. This is a perfect fitment IMHO, but the car should at least be lowered some so it doesn't look like a 4x4.

The easiest suspension mod for the NSX is just to get the Bilstein struts and put them on the lower perch. This lowers the car 7/8", replaces the worn out 1996 struts, still gives the option of running at OEM height (by running on the upper perch), and retains the OEM springs/spring rates.

Thanks for the help guys! Unfortunately it's not my car so I can only suggest the suspension change. That would be the first thing I would do along with getting new wheels personally. We will see if he takes my advice. Any further confirmation of the following offsets in debate would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

I'd go with a 18x9.5 not a 9. Better resale value and better to put a 265 or 275 on the rear that will last longer.

Here's a 17x8 +38 and 18x9.5 +40:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-FX-Motorsports-Development-and-Moto-IQ/page2

In the RSII, the only 18x9.5 is a +45.
http://www.yokohamawheel.jp/brand/advan_rs2/index_jpn.html

I still think the 18x10 +37 (or the +35 on the Japanese website) is a better fitment (in terms of flushness) and it's the fitment that SoS recommends too. I'm not sure if SoS got a special offset or what because the +37 isn't listed in the above site, but it is on their website.
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Advan/RSII/

Last edited:
Back