• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HEY!! Who got rid of NSX for Chrysler 300c SRT-8?

Found this while reading reviews of the Chrysler 300C SRT-8 on edmunds.com. Anybody formerly here or anyone's friend??

Vehicle
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)
Review
When I was a boy - my dream car was one that didn't exist. An Imperial with a 426 HEMI. Finally - after all these years - that dream has come true and it's called the 300C SRT8. It's a classic American luxury sedan with the heart [and suspension and brakes] of a genuine sports car. And I know all about sports cars. I traded in a 1991 Acura NSX [that I owned for 11 years] to buy my 300C SRT8. And I'm not even slightly disappointed. Oh sure - the NSX was a wonderful car - and handled better - but it's not as fast. There is something very confidence inspiring knowing that you have 425 h.p. just waiting for you. [have you ever watched the movie 'Duel'?! lol] The 300C SRT8 is a VERY nice car.
Favorite Features
I really like... How the engine rocks the car slightly at idle. The sound of the engine when pushed. The steering, the fantastic brakes. How it handles. [considering its weight] But most of all - how the car LOOKS. It's not 'beautiful' [in the true sense of the word] but it is 'impressive'.
Suggested Improvements
Longer seat cushions. Less brake dust. Higher quality carpet/floor mats. At full throttle - 1st to 2nd gear change can be abrupt. The transmission computer allows engine to rev beyond redline. The fuel flow is stopped [for a moment] and when it goes into 2nd gear - it HITS HARD. TSB is promised.

Oh well
2 years from now it will just be another "used up" american/german what-ever car. No matter how you cut it, you can still get there BUT YOU ARRIVE IN AN NSX!

I love the part about handling...don't think he even knows what handling is even though he "says" he previously owned an NSX.

that's pretty funny. That was one of the MANY cars (mistakes) I looked at a couple of years ago when I was searching for a DD. But, never did I consider getting one of those INSTEAD of an NSX. That's just ridiculous. Resale on those is HORRIBLE. I didn't notice how long ago he bought, but... when I was looking 2.5 years ago, those were in the $40k range with a $10 premium on top of that! The dealership said I needed $10k cash as a deposit JUST TO TEST DRIVE! I'm sure it was just because I looked young (late 20's) and they thought I couldn't be serious about buying. I laughed in their faces and walked away (best choice I ever made). You should have seen the look on their faces when I drove by later that evening in my brand new $50k+ Mercedes :biggrin: .

No disrespect to the owner if he/she is on here, but.......WTF are you smoking!!!!! :eek:

This has to go in the "yo mamma" thread:

Yo mamma is so dumb she traded her NSX for a 300c.:biggrin:

The only reason I was reading up on these is that the Crysler dealership near me has an '06 leftover one marked down to "only" $38.9K (was $46K). That's still a gigantic chunk of change. Plus the mpg isn't good, it's black, and it has a moonroof. Those last 2 things I swore I wold never get again. But it is one sinister looking car. And the Subaru is getting old.

I too was looking at a 300C SRT8 as a daily driver. I decided that it just didn't have enough utility to fit my needs, plus I've already sold all my green stamps with my fiancee to upgrade from my '91 to the 2002 NSX. I still get a little bit of envy when I see one out on the road while I'm driving around in my Infiniti.......but NEVER when I'm in the NSX. :biggrin:

I can totally see the appeal of the SRT-8, I wouldn't trade one for the other. I have this hope that my wife will trade her minivan for a Magnum or GC SRT-8 at some point (not terribly likely though)...

In any event, I have a CTS-V and while I think its a spectacular car that does many things better than my NSX, I wouldn't want to trade one for the other. I think they are an ideal combination. The V is remarkably fast, sounds amazing (mine is probably one of the coolest sounding cars I've ever heard (fully broken in Corsa exhaust)), is fully loaded (navi, heated seats, dual zone climate, bt, etc...), looks great and has a nicely sized back seat and a big trunk.

The NSX is a NSX. What more do I need to say?

happy0198.gif

I wish I could get excited about a car in that price range.:frown: Spoiled at this point. I drove someones pacifica the other day because it was the last car in my driveway blocking all the other cars in. I floored the car and NOTHING, just nothing at all. I was like WOW no wonder everyone is always driving so damn slow in front of me.:biggrin:

You can place 1000hp into a Civic, but in the end, its STILL a Civic. So if you place that to the soon to be just another used "me too" car like the 300, I'd sooner go with less hp and keep my NSX. :smile:

You can place 1000hp into a Civic, but in the end, its STILL a Civic. So if you place that to the soon to be just another used "me too" car like the 300, I'd sooner go with less hp and keep my NSX. :smile:

That's probably not the best analogy on a board dedicated to very expensive Hondas.:tongue:

All kidding aside, I like the 300C SRT8. I'd like to buy one used though. I mean, the car is essentially a last generation E-Class with a very nice large displacement V8. The styling is a bit over the top, but I think a color keyed grill with matching mesh would probably tone down the bling enough to make the car livable.

I tried trading the NSX for a big-horsepower sedan once, an '05 C55AMG. It was a nice car, but being stuck with a slushbox, skinny tires and traction control with an over-active imagination just wasn't worth trading the NSX. Besides, I was able to buy a full size V8 crew cab pickup and keep the NSX for the same price as trading for the C55 (which I only owned 2 months).

Yes, I did sell my '95 NSX a couple months ago (so forgive the Honda comment as I expect I'll have another NSX someday) but I traded it for a clean, low mile, '04 Boxster S Anniversary. It was an apples to apples kind of thing, not apples to oranges as they nut-job above.

I can totally see the appeal of the SRT-8, I wouldn't trade one for the other. I have this hope that my wife will trade her minivan for a Magnum or GC SRT-8 at some point (not terribly likely though)...
I would never trade my nsx for any srt8 but I did just buy a gc srt8 to go along with the nsx. It is a fun suv but nothing is like driving my nsx. Plus be prepared to fill up every other day if you do get one. I think I am averaging 10.8 mpg.

I have this hope that my wife will trade her minivan for a Magnum or GC SRT-8 at some point (not terribly likely though)...
Right there with you man. I keep the crew cab as a compromise; when my kid (for now, kids later) is out of a car seat, then I think my wife's car will be something a lot more fun. Her "dream" car is a Mustang. Damn, we just dropped a huge down payment on a loaded CR-V and all she really wants is a $17k Mustang??? That's okay, there's no way a mustang without a V8 is going in my garage and probably no way one without a 5.4L is going in there either.

That's probably not the best analogy on a board dedicated to very expensive Hondas.:tongue:

Haha my bad I should have used...errr...Yugo Turbo? :biggrin: Yeah my sister actually has a 300, nice car, but eh, guess its just not my thing. The car didn't get any emotion out of me, even if it had 1000hp, id just see it as another 300. This is part of the reason I am not impressed with the BMW's M-Cars. I give them props and do think they are great cars, but to me they are still the same cars with different engines, suspension, etc. So a 3-series to me is still a 3-Series, even if it is an M3. A Mustang is still a Mustang, no matter what logo or name you place on its side or how much hp it has. If you get down to it I guess I am not big on car company's that release cars with so many options that it almost "cheapens" the initial concept, if that makes sense.

Let me put it this way, if Honda offered the NSX in three different versions, a 4 cyl, 6 cyl, and 8 cyl version. I think it would be overkill, and this attempt to appeal to everyone when the car was designed for a specific market, cheapens the image. But again that just me thinking out loud and not meant to bag on anyone.

Let me put it this way, if Honda offered the NSX in three different versions, a 4 cyl, 6 cyl, and 8 cyl version. I think it would be overkill, and this attempt to appeal to everyone when the car was designed for a specific market, cheapens the image. But again that just me thinking out loud and not meant to bag on anyone.

This is one of the reason why American "sports" car lose so much value. Take example of the Mustang. They have so many different model and trims that it devalues the vehicle. The Mustang became just an image type vehicle instead of a true sport car. When someone is looking to buy a Mustang, they take a look at a Base model with a little V-6 vs. a Cobra Mustang and the price difference is too extreme that the buyer usually picks the cheaper of the two.

I don't know why American Car companies like to target a while array of customers by making too many different classes.

I don't know why American Car companies like to target a while array of customers by making too many different classes.

(Grammar issues in the previous query aside) The answer is PROFIT.

Porsche Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4S, 911 Turbo, GT3, GT2, Targa, Targa 4S

BMW 325i, 330i, 335i, 330Ci, 335Ci, M3
and this doesn't include the cabrios or wagons...

The Mustang is a "brand" of its own as is the 911. Personally, I wouldn't buy a base 911 because it'll barely outrun my Boxster S nor a base Mustang because it's pure rental car material. But, there's no doubt that there are buyers, and a lot of them, that purchase the base car which makes money for the "brand" and allows for development of the cars that enthusiasts enjoy. Hell, without the Boxster's introduction and the manufacturing efficiencies introduced by sharing parts with the 996, there would be no Porsche today. Now, Porsche is the largest share holder of the VW auto group. Who wants a base Boxster from 1997 that could easily be outrun by the similarly priced Corvette C5 that was introduced the same year? Answer: Enough people to create a profit for Porsche.

Back