• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HID Install

just finished....3 hours no big deal...if i had to do it again probably just an hour now.
remove 4 screws and 4 bolts and you'll have an super easy time to get at everything.

The silver clip that was talked about that need to be modded....well i broke both on mine...but you can learn from my mistake by using my new method of two small drilled hole and 2 paper clips. I will post pictures by this weekend and let you guys know. The problem with the silver clip is not only do you have to enlarge the opening no big deal with a rotary tool which took me about 5 seconds....but you have to flatten the clip as well....now this clip is already pretty thin and pre bent...when you unbend it...it just breaks.....I am sure if you do it slow enough it would be okay...however i did not achieve this.

Potential problems....there is no way in hell you will get the stock light cover back on...that must be there to seal out water and dust.......the HID harness that connects to the blub is so big..that you'll have to cut about half of the cover off to get it to work....at which point you lose the points to secure the cover on the housing. Well mine is open right now and it bad thing happens when it rains...you'll be sure i'll give a nice phone call to someone
smile.gif

The harness that comes out of the HID unit is not removable and pretty short. Therefore you have limited space to move the unit around. There is only one place for the unit....and seems to work just fine...although if i had the choice i would like a lot more wiring and allow me to hide that big ass box
smile.gif

Stock harness do NOT plug into the unit...therefore you must stock the two little metal clips that came with the hid unit into the stock harness and tap it up like crazy so no woater gets into it.....or just cut the damn thing and splice it in. no big deal i can replace it to stock anytime. btw our car has the wires reversed...so red wire on the car connects to the black wire on the hid kit.

I am kinda glad i did this...so you guys can see what you are getting into. I think about all the bad thing that could happen to me it did...however it is on and working just fine now
smile.gif
They are damn bright and do make the road white
smile.gif

Let's just see how it hold up in the rain now .

Tetsuo Honda

Visit My WebPAGE http://home.att.net/~HondaNSX/Garage.html

Anybody know how the "super white lights"(they're more blue than white) look like on the NSX? Also, does using the lights decrease visibility? I've seen a lot on the road(on different cats) that looks pretty good to pretty bad on some. Am I better off staying with stock?

I was using the PIAA superwhites in the nsx before my HID.....looks whiter...thou no brighter on the road. All of the super white lights with the blue tint on them...are junk i would say...and most of them reduce vision and the coating peels off on the cheaper models.

Originally posted by johndoh:
Anybody know how the "super white lights"(they're more blue than white) look like on the NSX? Also, does using the lights decrease visibility? I've seen a lot on the road(on different cats) that looks pretty good to pretty bad on some. Am I better off staying with stock?

Hey Tetsuo: nice car! Is the clear side marker hard to do? I want to do that on mine too, it looks great! Does anyone sell the clear side markers? If you can't do a good job cutting it yourself, I probably can't either
smile.gif
I am also doing the mesh engine cover thing right now, still yet to find the right textured mesh....

Originally posted by Tetsuo:
The silver clip that was talked about that need to be modded....well i broke both on mine.

<snip>

Potential problems....there is no way in hell you will get the stock light cover back on...that must be there to seal out water and dust.

<snip>

Stock harness do NOT plug into the unit therefore you must stock the two little metal clips that came with the hid unit into the stock harness and tap it up like crazy so no woater gets into it

These sound like some pretty serious problems. I do not think the kit will last very long unless you get it sealed up properly, especially if it rains.

I believe the RM Racing HID kit takes care of all these problems. Maybe that's why it's a couple hundred dollars more...?

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 31 May 2000).]

Tetsuo,
Congratulations! It took guts (which I didn't have) to be the first to do the HID install. I'm looking forward to reviewing the information you'll be posting on the install. How did you manage to replace the clips?

Attachments

• 20160921_121541.jpg
    20160921_121541.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20160921_121520_A.jpg
    20160921_121520_A.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 2
Back