• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy Cow!

Took my 91 NSX in to have SoS billet door handles and interior door fix-it thingies installed at the dealer. While there, I looked at the interior trim piece that fits behind the door pull handle. The trailing edge was looking a bit worn, so I went to the parts department and decided to order one for each door. The piece is about five inches long, wedge shaped, plastic back with either vinyl or leather pleated covering. Here's how the conversation went...

Me: Hey, I need to order the trim piece that goes behind the door pull for a 91 NSX. I'd like to get one for each door.

Parts Guy: Let me look (tap, tap, tap on keyboard). Turns monitor around, points... You mean this piece?

M: Yes!

PG: OK. (tap, tap, tap). Oh...it is kinda expensive...

M: How much is kinda?

PG: $336...each...

M: (Get up off floor). You have got to be kidding me! I could buy an entire cow for $336!!!

PG: Ha, Ha, that's funny! The price is $336...each.

M: Leather dye to the rescue. See ya...

Wow. Just wow.

all dealerships have a button on their keyboard when you say NSX they push that button and all hell breaks loose LOL

then the guys in the office open their one-way mirror and laugh while you hand over the cash then they say guys lunch is free today.

when I got my seats redone, Leatherseats.com sent some extra leather...I had the upholstery shop recover all 5 pieces on each door for a total of $150. I feel even better about my deal now :)

when I got my seats redone, Leatherseats.com sent some extra leather...I had the upholstery shop recover all 5 pieces on each door for a total of $150. I feel even better about my deal now :)

That's a Sweet Deal Indeed!

The plastic handles that release the targa roof are about $80 each.

Yes, one of mine was broken when I bought the car. Pricing that handle was my rude introduction to how insanely expensive certain parts are. On the other hand, some parts that I expected to be really expensive were surprisingly affordable.

That's still probably cheaper than you'll be paying to get those window thingys replaced. I hope you got a quote first. I did mine along with the billet handle as well. Window thingys is a labor intense job.

...some parts that I expected to be really expensive were surprisingly affordable.

Yea that's sure the truth isn't it? Piece of plastic with leather on it costs as much as a set of rear tires... nosirnowaynope

Back