• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy Crap Man

My Dad sent me the first pictures of his new car today, just thought you might like it.

fordgt001.jpg

fordgt002_smaller.jpg

(Okay, this is NEARLY off-topic, but Ford did say that the GT should "sound like an NSX" in it's design requirements)

Last edited:
Hey Matt, looks gerat, did he pay the sticker price for it?
That is the best color for that car, I want one just like it.
If he wants to sell it let me know, seriously!
Thanks Brian.

No, not sticker, he paid $100k over sticker (actually a good deal). Before he left the dealership, they offered him $60k over that to buy it from him. He was on the waiting list for 32 months.

The GT isn't for sale, but we've got an '02 360 Spider with less than 700 miles on it for sale.

Quick Question?

What the HELL should I buy him for Christmas?!

He got a good deal on that Ford GT, what color combo and how much does he want for the F car?

Re: Quick Question?

slashmatt said:
What the HELL should I buy him for Christmas?!
A 3 day high performance driving course!

Na, she's just rolling her eyes in disbelief of the big deal they made about "a car" at the Ford dealership. The car was cordoned off with yellow triangle flags, there was a meeting with the owner and sales staff, champagne, and all that. She didn't know what she was in for when he took her to take delivery. It is a funny look on her face though. It's one of those typical men and women just don't understand each other moments (even after over 30 yrs. of marriage).

It's a shame that ford won't at least make as many of these cars as there are NSX's..... Then some of us poor schmucks might have a chance at owning one that's depreciated somewhat in the next ten years.....

Anyone wanna guess at the lowest one of these cars might sell at regardless of miles once they're all out there?

dnyhof said:
It's a shame that ford won't at least make as many of these cars as there are NSX's..... Then some of us poor schmucks might have a chance at owning one that's depreciated somewhat in the next ten years.....

Anyone wanna guess at the lowest one of these cars might sell at regardless of miles once they're all out there?

Well if you remember, when the NSX first came out they were getting lots of $$ over sticker also. Granted it wasn't to this extreme, but then again this car has the performance to completely distroy the NSX.
They are making 1500 per year so the price will remain high for quite some time I'm sure.

dnyhof said:

Ferrari Makes twice as many 360's a year as Ford is making of the GT's. The GT is only going to be produced for 2 years.

We bought our 360 Spider at sticker because we were on the waiting list in 2002. It's almost 2005, and we're still getting more money for the car than we paid for it.

The GT has a very high demand. I've never even heard of a car that more people have respect for besides the MacLaren F1 and the Ferrari F40, and the MacLaren wasn't ever widely available in the US.
My Dad rarely buys an exotic car because he doesn't want to buy something that will depriciate like a rock. Recently he turned down the 5th Gallardo in the country. It's a good thing too, because the market got saturated quickly, and you can get them for 20k below sticker at the dealership. I'm going to go out an a limb and say that you won't be able to pick one up for under $290k in the next three years. If you want one now, you'd better be able to pony up well over $300k because the people that are buying them actually want to keep them, not sell them. It's a car nut's dream car; there's no two ways about it.

Well, I disagree.

The Ford GT will be available at close to sticker or sticker within the next 6 months. Maybe not a discount, but at sticker. This happens will many new model introductions: Think ZR-1, then NSX, then Viper. Heck, even PT cruiser went for well over sticker for a while. Don't get me wrong, I have a contract on a GT since 08/03, so I love the car. Most American car companies don't have the panache to hold the public interest like Ferrari does with the 360/430's and Enzo (though interestingly 550,575's and 456's are dropping prices like rocks).

Anyway, we'll see. If I can get significantly more than what I end up paying for mine, then I'll sell it......order another one, and drive the piss out of it :)

FWIW, I was offered a car sitting at a dealership on Friday for $220k and declined......the prices are coming down already...........

Ben

Back