• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy Crap Man

We've had people willing to give $165-$200k for the car and they won't even consider it. Geez
I guess the higher ups know more than I do but I would think making a HUGE amount of profit and selling would be better than making NO profit and hoping for the one big fish. They already had a few seriously interested buyers come in from out of state to buy only to leave empty handed. Greedy if you ask me.

I dunno what dealers around west michigan were planning on pricing any that they got their hands on but usually with any new car around here the dealers have been pretty good to sticking to msrp for costs. Granted all dealers are different but many different brands seem to have that mindset in this neck of the woods.

I just wish I had the credit line (or home equity?) to buy one local and sell it nationally..... :biggrin:

Re: Quick Question?

slashmatt said:
What the HELL should I buy him for Christmas?!
Cashmere floor mats. Does he live in Boca? I will be in Boca visiting my dad in the spring. I would love a ride.

92NSX said:
We've had people willing to give $165-$200k for the car and they won't even consider it. Geez
I guess the higher ups know more than I do but I would think making a HUGE amount of profit and selling would be better than making NO profit and hoping for the one big fish. They already had a few seriously interested buyers come in from out of state to buy only to leave empty handed. Greedy if you ask me.

Sometimes dealers keep a car in the showroom because the car brings people into the dealership who may not buy the car but may buy another lessor car off the lot. I read a article a while back about how Acura dealers sold a lot of integras to people who came to the dealer to see the NSX when it first came out.

beckertb said:
The Ford GT will be available at close to sticker or sticker within the next 6 months. Maybe not a discount, but at sticker.
I tend to agree with Ben, that the price will come down, but I'm not sure it will get down to MSRP (assuming Ford sticks to the number they plan to build). We shall see.

Slashhmatt: Heading to the folks house soon? :biggrin:

steveny said:
Sometimes dealers keep a car in the showroom because the car brings people into the dealership who may not buy the car but may buy another lessor car off the lot. I read a article a while back about how Acura dealers sold a lot of integras to people who came to the dealer to see the NSX when it first came out.

This is so true. I remember a good friend of mine last year or so got a brand new Chrysler Crossfire and although the car was at the dealership, he couldn't get delivery for another month after he had paid cash for it and stood in line for I-dont-know-how-many months. Reason given was to let the car attract other customers for other cars. He had to agree not to take delivery for another month... :rolleyes:

apapada said:
This is so true. I remember a good friend of mine last year or so got a brand new Chrysler Crossfire and although the car was at the dealership, he couldn't get delivery for another month after he had paid cash for it and stood in line for I-dont-know-how-many months. Reason given was to let the car attract other customers for other cars. He had to agree not to take delivery for another month... :rolleyes:

Who goes to a Chrysler dealer to see a crossfire?? :tongue:

dnyhof said:
Who goes to a Chrysler dealer to see a crossfire?? :tongue:

whats a crossfire? :p

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach, awesome user name

slashmatt, when i first read your post i thought you said it was your dads first car, i was like :eek:. haha.

I think there are enough people in america that want an american super car to where itll hold its value and be a good investment if thats why youd buy one, but then again i guess thats also what people thought about the XJ200. if you buy it to drive the piss out of it then who the hell cares about the price?

I'm going to Texas in 2 weeks. I'll tell you all about it then.

I expect that it will probably be the most intensely wonderful car I've ever driven or ever will drive.

I guess we'll have to get that computer re-mapped to unleash it's 215mph top speed though. Ford lowered it to 205 for tire warranty issues. Ya, like that's ever going to effect me!

From what the reviews/comparison tests are saying. It looks like the magazine guys are just drooling over the simplicity of the car because of its lack of electronic nannys. It's got ABS, but that's it. No 4wd, no traction control, no compulsary paddle shifters. It's in a league of it's own, even outdoing the Carrera GT and the Enzo Ferrari in many areas and keeping up in all the others.

I'm pretty excited to drive this car.

steveny said:

I have been lobbying for them to do that since the car arrived. We had it behind closed doors and under lock and key for weeks. A potential customer could only view the car when 1 of 3 people were at the dealership. I had to be before 5:30 pm and not at all on weekends. I know this for fact because a friend was interested in it and had to make arrangements around the dealership to come over. :confused:

slashmatt said:
I'm going to Texas in 2 weeks. I'll tell you all about it then.

So the car is here in TX? :eek: :biggrin: :smile:
What dealership did he buy from if you dont mind my asking?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TEXAS???

well guys, party at Matt's parents house christmas wknd. Hey Matt I figure you are goingto send an evite to all the SouthCentral NSX group :biggrin: :biggrin: pretty please with sugar on top :smile:

That picture IS PRICELESS!!! Hope 'I'm there' someday. Expect the same expression from my wife.

Beautiful car, nice choice. Small detail, but i really like the wheels on 'er too.

Congrats to Pops!! I hope he 'really' drives it. This is a purist's car made for the track...

gheba_nsx said:
I really wonder in which categories it outdoes the Enzo... :confused:

How 'bout not having to have a paddle shifter system or pay nearly a million dollars.

Very nice Matt. I hope your family enjoys the car.

Now, is there any chance that you'll have it here for a semester? I'll make room in my garage for it stay overnight if needed. :wink:

Back