• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy F*&*king Sh** What a day

You know what they say about douchebags, it takes one....................
Your sense of entitlement over your sense of responsibility is what continues to push my buttons. To those that still think your actions are acceptable, let's just hope that their loved ones aren't on the road when you spin out the next time, because you didn't have time to put gas in your daily driver.:eek:

You learn from your mistakes. Most of you have more experience driving an NSX than I do,and I am sure everyone here has made a mistake at sometime or another. It's obvious I'm not going to make that mistake again, I think I learned my lesson. Nothing about spinning out is acceptable. That is why I asked for help. I respect everyone who has an input. Even the ones that I don't agree with.

You know what they say about douchebags, it takes one....................

Did you make this one up to try and make a point? Doesn't even make much sense. Never heard it before.

Last edited:
Driving too fast in the rain is the first mistake. No time for gas is the second mistake. Just get up early and plan your day better. I hate people being late.

Title is immature

Hmmm....

I am asking for some help because I know some of your wallets are bigger than your brains...

Honestly, that is not the way to ask for some assistance.

That was quoted from a pm someone wrote me about this thread. No harm intended.

How can it be no harm intended? The person who PM'd it to you meant it as an insult...then for you to turn around and actually use it directed at those you are seeking help from.....baffles me.

I suppose it baffles me as much as using the Thread Title you did. Using language like that in a public forum is disrespectful to say the least. Do I use language like that...sure I do, around my guy friends doing guy things. I don't, however, use it around women and people I don't know. On Forums, you never know who is reading. A title using language like that does tend to show your age and maturity level a bit.

However, if you want to maintain the vehicle, I would suggest putting THESE or THESE on your car until you are in a better position to maintain the vehicle. When it does come time for new tires, they will be much less expensive.

/rjp

Driving too fast in the rain is the first mistake.

It wasn't raining out if you would go back and read correctly.
It had misted maybe an hour before. In Florida the rain dries out quickly.

I suppose it baffles me as much as using the Thread Title you did. Using language like that in a public forum is disrespectful to say the least. Do I use language like that...sure I do, around my guy friends doing guy things. I don't, however, use it around women and people I don't know. On Forums, you never know who is reading. A title using language like that does tend to show your age and maturity level a bit.

I understand this.. completely. But after what I went through knowing what would have been the outcome, that is how I felt.
Maybe it is time for this thread to end. I appreciate everyones input/offers/ideas. I think my original intention of this thread has been completed and there is no further need of "arguing".

Thanks to all
Best Regards,
Justin Butts

Last edited:
It was a banked turn and I was around the recommended speed, so nothing I was doing was unreasonable.
My tires are not completely bald. I would not have driven my pride and joy if I would have figured it was that dangerous.
So your saying asking for help with used tires is Immature? Why don't you rethink.
I am asking for some help because I know some of your wallets are bigger than your brains and maybe there are kind people out in the world that may want to help. I know I will do the same when my bank account grows.
That doesn't seem too immature to ask of.

And this from your first (original post on this thread):

On my way to school right. Getting on the interstate going around a turn going from the outside lane to the inside reaching about 50 (not unreasonable for this long bend)( but a little misty out)and my back end slowly keeps going and going until I see the suv and a truck about 100 ft behind me, I was now looking at them out my drivers side window.

I don't see where you said in the above quote that it had misted out an hour earlier. You keep changing your story to try and make sense of your mistakes. It doesn't work, too many people are watching. You're correct, some of our members are "kind" and some have "big wallets" and no brains. Those of us with brains, no matter how big our wallets, chose to support charities that means something to us. You don't qualify IMHO. This will be my last response on this thread (unless of course my buttons get pushed again!:biggrin:)

A used steering wheel May cost me 75-150 dollars. Just as shipping on used tired may be. Not 800$ for brand new tires. Im not saying I'm out to spend money as of now. But seeing what my options may be helps and doesn't do any harm.

Oh and the black wheels.
Powder coating project from my Dads bestfriend that owns a body shop.

Free of charge.. Smart one..:)

I inherited my dads vehicles. Thats why I own 3. I did own 4 but gave one to my grandfather. I have a scion xb(blown head gasket) and a toyota tundra(DD)
I dropped out of college for 9 months to get my act together before returning and now keeping a 3.0 gpa.
It was a banked turn and I was around the recommended speed, so nothing I was doing was unreasonable.
My tires are not completely bald. I would not have driven my pride and joy if I would have figured it was that dangerous.
So your saying asking for help with used tires is Immature? Why don't you rethink.
I am asking for some help because I know some of your wallets are bigger than your brains and maybe there are kind people out in the world that may want to help. I know I will do the same when my bank account grows.
That doesn't seem too immature to ask of.

That was quoted from a pm someone wrote me about this thread. No harm intended.

"Sorry for all the assholes on this forum, these guys pockets are bigger than their brains. Take care sir!!"

Seemed to make sense for a few of the "douchebags"

????????????? Bordering on troll status.

I have my 15/16 rims put back simply because the tires are cheaper and ride is more comfortable. Use back the old oem wheels and put new tires on it.

I have my 15/16 rims put back simply because the tires are cheaper and ride is more comfortable. Use back the old oem wheels and put new tires on it.

Plus 1

Also maybe have a word with a few of the tyre shops. Some owners change both rears when they get a flat in one. Maybe offer a tyre fitter $20 to keep a lookout for the old tyres. It might take a while to get them but you might in the end and gives you the satidfaction to get them on your own.

Good luck and please be careful.

Cheers,

AR

keep a gas can in your garage for emergencies.... problem solved??? just dont let that gas sit there for long periods of time

Sorry about your dad. My dad is my 2nd best friend (wife is 1st)...would be tough...I don't want to think about. He owned my NSX for 8 years before me (I've owned for 3). We both love the car, it is in great condition, has lots of sentimental value, and I'd love to pass it on to my daughter (she is 2.5 years old...so we're talking a long time from now).

I've mentioned selling it to focus on other priorities (time cleaning/driving NSX takes away from time with my family/kids) and by his own words he would be 100% supportive of such. Same would be true if I decided to sell for financial reasons.

Don't let emotional ties keep you from doing what might make the most sense. This fits with what dad's want - the best for their kids.

I do keep the NSX in the garage and don't drive it often, just enough to keep everything from seizing up.
IMO you can park it for years and not worry about anything seizing up, gaskets getting bad, etc. All BS for a modern well-engineered car like the NSX...yet somehow still believed by many. I'm even quite skeptical about gas getting stale/etc these days with all of the additives (including for stability). I would fill my tank and let it park for 5 years without batting an eye (I would cringe a little knowing it isn't lubricated well for that first startup...but the same is probably true after a few days/weeks).

Mothballing the car isn't the most fun, but it may make sense. You'll save a bunch on insurance by carrying just "comprehensive" without "collision" or "liability" (just remember to reinstate collision/liability before you start driving again). Even if you have cheap rates you'll save in a year enough cash to buy 1-2 new sets of tires (or more if rates are higher).

A used steering wheel May cost me 75-150 dollars. Just as shipping on used tired may be. Not 800$ for brand new tires.

I don't buy soft drinks, Starbucks, etc. because $1 here/there adds up. Increments of $70-150 add up much faster. Save the cash and your car's looks and stay away from the after-market steering wheel.

$800 is over the top for a new set of tires. A set of RT-615 (highly-rated by NSX owners, better than OEM Yokos which do run ~$800/set) in stock 15"/16" at at Vulcan Tire are $431 shipped to my house (shipping may vary for you). Those OEM 5-spoke rims are not hard to find cheap (and in FL you may find local for pickup to save money) and will give you a safer better-handling setup. You can sell the larger wheels to lower if not completely offset the total cost.

Last edited:

Man I was really with you, but this is really hard to believe. I can guarantee that if you were doing nothing "unreasonable", you would not have slid sideways like that. Even an NSX with poor alignment in the rain will just not go sideways if you are driving it like a mom would be driving a minivan to school.

Man I was really with you, but this is really hard to believe. I can guarantee that if you were doing nothing "unreasonable", you would not have slid sideways like that. Even an NSX with poor alignment in the rain will just not go sideways if you are driving it like a mom would be driving a minivan to school.

The roads down here in Florida can be like a sheet of ice after a slight rain. I've gotten sideways a few times when I've had worn tires a few times, no big deal. I guess having grown up in the NE and driving a Mustang GT in the snow makes driving in the rain with worn tires fun at times!

The roads down here in Florida can be like a sheet of ice after a slight rain. I've gotten sideways a few times when I've had worn tires a few times, no big deal. I guess having grown up in the NE and driving a Mustang GT in the snow makes driving in the rain with worn tires fun at times!

I agree with this, years ago I got caught in a rain storm here in Orlando in the NSX. My rears were in bad shape. Had a set in the garage but hadn't had time to put them on. Even driving straight on the highway, the NSX in florida's rain was scary, I was actually doing 45 or so, could feel the rear shifting around, posted speed was 70. Will never do that again.

Buttons pushed!! It depends which of the Butt's stories you chose to believe:
1) It was misting out.:eek:
2) It had misted an hour earlier and the roads dry out quickly.
Pick one.

Seriously though.....

This is what I was talking about...

For $430 + shipping (& mounting) you can get OEM '91 rims and 4 brand new Kuhmo Ecsta ASXs. That should hold you over for a bit....keep the car with an OEM look....allow you to drive the car some and also keep proper rubber on it, until that time that you can bolt the 19's back on and afoord new rubber for them.

OEM '91s for $150 boxed and ready to go
Kuhmo Ecsta ASX
205/50ZR15 = $65/ea
225/50ZR16 = $75/ea

Just a suggestion, since you have three vehicles to maintain and are in college.

Seriously though.....

This is what I was talking about...

For $430 + shipping (& mounting) you can get OEM '91 rims and 4 brand new Kuhmo Ecsta ASXs. That should hold you over for a bit....keep the car with an OEM look....allow you to drive the car some and also keep proper rubber on it, until that time that you can bolt the 19's back on and afoord new rubber for them.

OEM '91s for $150 boxed and ready to go
Kuhmo Ecsta ASX
205/50ZR15 = $65/ea
225/50ZR16 = $75/ea

Just a suggestion, since you have three vehicles to maintain and are in college.

Thanks dude. I appreciate the good advice

Just wanted to update this thread that Justin has received two Falken 452 19 inch tires over a month ago. Still waiting on payment.

Wow, and he thought his day was bad - now he's really getting it in the A** from us Primers. LOL...I've read all these posts and I hate to say it kid but you walked right into a "hornet's nest".

But seriously, this reminds me when my brother couldn't stand the thought of my Mom trading in her 67 GTO many years ago and talked her into to letting him have it. He parked it on the street in front of his apartment and it was sideswiped he had to sell it for almost nothing. What a moroon.

I've been where you are, in college but I was driving my daily - a volkswagon Karman Ghia and had a similar instance with my car.....everyone learns and this is your learning experience. You need to learn something here and it's not how to ask us "sympathetic" Primers if they have a spare set of tires. NOPE!

Since you're in college and in the learning mode - take a chapter out of the combined experience here of older guys and gals that have been down the road your going down now - park the NSX...plain and simple....do us all a favor and park it and your Mom too. Cover it take care of it like it is until you can afford to drive it again - it will be just fine. Keep the battery on a tender so you don't also have to replace that. Try and keep your daily driver in good shape and get thru school - that's your job man, not trying to keep up with the Primers here when you don't have anything but a car you inherited. Think about what's going on in your life right now and study hard so you can make something out of your life and don't endanger others cause you didn't feel like putting gas in your DD - I mean how lame an excuse can you have man. Start using that head of yours for something other than a hat rack.

Asking for tires on this site cause you think we're sympathetic to a poor ole NSX owner and that we couldn't possibly stand the thought of someone NOT driving their NSX - ARE YOU CRAZY??? Quit kidding yourself dude, we've all gotten where we are by earning it the hard way. That's what you need to learn - get it together in your life and get a part time job - whatever it takes but looking for foolish charity here is just rediculous. I mean what's next - "anyone got a spare TB?" Or "say anybody got a few extra bucks for some gas" ....or how bout "man anyone got an old oil filter they can spare"? This sounds like something out of a comic strip. Get serious kid before you hurt somebody.

What you're gonna get from this site with stuff like this is what you'd get from your own Dad! So consider this a nice briefing and if you ever need some more fatherly advice and you have a real serious question - we'll show a little more sympathy. How's that?

Just wanted to update this thread that Justin has received two Falken 452 19 inch tires over a month ago. Still waiting on payment.

We spoke about this and it was almost expected that the kid wouldn't reimburse you. It just reiterates that he is a kid and his day will come and karma will kick his butt.

That's a shame. Nice way to repay your kindness. Sorry Eddie.

Back