• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Home Theatre Finished!!

I finally completed our home theatre. Karen and I decided to ditch the big screen & ugly stereo cabinet in favor of a projector and built in cabinet behind the seating area. Now when there's no movie playing we actually got our Den back! What do you think??

We%20Are%20Finished.jpg

We%20Are%20Finished%20(2).jpg

We%20Are%20Finished%20(4).jpg

Screen Up

We%20Are%20Finished%20(5).jpg

We%20Are%20Finished%20(9).jpg

We%20Are%20Finished%20(11).jpg

We%20Are%20Finished%20(12).jpg

We%20Are%20Finished%20(15).jpg

We%20Are%20Finished%20(16).jpg

Here's the whole project album.....
http://glasssphere.net/MyPhotos/Home Theater Project/index.html

They look great. Do you have Klipsch speakers? I love my set.
I'm not sure who you were asking...but I have JBLs in the front (including center), Bose 301s as rear surrounds, Infinty sub, and a Bose VCS10 as a rear center.

Nice set up. I'm starting my HT project in about two weeks and I find it very difficult to make a decision on what type of TV to go with. Front projection, rear projection CRT, DLP or LCD. It's much easier to decide on a car or house. :)

Bobolinski,
Good detail on the ceiling and surround walls. Being an audio-philiac I don't care for your choice in wood flooring, but this to me is obviously not a "dedicated" home theater. More an entertainment room. In actuality a much easier design to empliment and live with.

loNfastNSX said:
Did you just cut a hole in the wall and counter sink it leaving the back side exposed in another room? Im sure you will enjoy your set up!
Exactly, but it was way harder than that. I had to go through a stud, so basically the openning had to be framed with 2x4s. Also, the room is my laundry room, and there was a heating pipe in the way that I had to relocate. There were tons of other things I did which made the job difficult like deicated circuits straight to my fuse panel for the stereo, in the wall wiring of all of the speakers, running electric through the ceiling to go to the screen (gets tripped from the projector), seperate LAN drop for my theatre PC, seperate cable drop, etc.

where's all the baby stuff????? :wink:

Here you go..

http://glasssphere.homeip.net/MyPhotos/Our%20First%20Baby!!/Baby's%20Room/index.html

Great set up on both home theatres. I hope to get there eventually when my theatre is built.

DLP projectors with a DVI input for DVD upscale for now until HD-DVD materializes.

Tan

jadkar said:
I'm not sure who you were asking...but I have JBLs in the front (including center), Bose 301s as rear surrounds, Infinty sub, and a Bose VCS10 as a rear center.

Stuff looks great but I'd get rid of the Bose stuff and get the full JBL setup. You'll have more voice matched sound, where that the tonal quality will create a more seamless soundstage.

I used to have the JBL Studio series speakers in my apartment. The had great sound but a very small and narrow sweet spot. I had S38s fronts, SCenter, and S26 for rears. Filled it in with a Klipsch 12" sub.

I gave those to my parents and went with the Mirage OmniSat system instead. Its a much better system for smaller rooms like my apartment.

looks great (!) and gave me an idea for what we could do in our house. we have a sony mega-something tv, roughly the size of cleveland that i got for my wife to watch sci-fi tv/movies... ok, i have ~500 dvd's so i watch it, too :)

Back