• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda HSV-010 GT

That would be pretty cool to watch. There was actually a DTM race on Speed this past Saturday afternoon. That and the BTCC race that followed just reinforced my hatred of Speed's NASCAR, Pinks, and Wrecked-riddled lineup.

I would watch the hell out of some JGTC if anybody over here would air it.

I couldn't agree more! It pains me to think about all the cool racing we miss so they can show crap like Wrecked. WTF!

I miss WRC too. At least they are showing each DTM race this year. Last year as far as I could tell, they compressed the whole series into one hour of highlights.

Do we really need to see that much of Barret Jackson?

Re: Honda HSV-10 New Photo

looks like that pic is just another kit on an NSX body,, do you have any pics of the inside or engine? then we can put this to rest!! i have seen lots of peoples " the new NSX " pics,,

I like it, I like it alot :biggrin:

Guys at Honda are chicken shit.........I F N dare u to build it........I will be so pissed, I will buy one!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Jay Leno will get one first........

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

hsv.jpg

http://www.honda.co.jp/SuperGT/

, Honda lowered the front, push the engine back, and from this sole picture, it looks like it could be mid-rear setup.

Read the post #3 again, it's FR setup, it has to be to qualify for this GT series.

:smile:

Attachments

• 51890165.jpg
    51890165.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 51885384.jpg
    51885384.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 51889211.jpg
    51889211.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 51889075.jpg
    51889075.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 317
  • 51887471.jpg
    51887471.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 322
  • 51885587.jpg
    51885587.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 51885189.jpg
    51885189.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 420

Looks pretty good to me. Although, the street version would have looked much different.

RANT! (a pouring of irritations pent up over the last few years)

1) That's not an NSX - its a custom, one off race car (just like the NSX look alike's that once ran in Super GT). The concept car is a whole new sports touring whatever it is, but its not an NSX either. No amount of wishing will make it so. WE own NSX's. They don't make them anymore. Now are 1953 Vettes and a ZR1s both Vettes? Yes, because they were designed by a team that started with the style and dynamics of the one before it and said "How can we make this better?" How would the world take a new front engine Porsche 911? Exactly. Call it what it is - something else.

2) Jay Leno doesn't like Jap cars. While he appreciates the likes of the GT-R and LFA (Hey! That's a good name for the new Honda concept car - "Latest Failed Attempt to make a new NSX"), he LOVES the US and Euro cars because they have 'soul' and 'heritage' that remind him of his younger days. I've got a fiver that says he would NOT be first in line to buy a $100k Honda.

3) Super GT is awesome - 2nd only to good F1 racing (when they are actually racing) where fearless men attempt to beat the guy next to them to the apex and not caring if they crash out. Again, awesome. That said, what are these multi-million dollar cars? They are barely recognizable to the 'street' versions, and like the Vemac 320, are really just custom made racing cars. I love them, don't get me wrong, but the GT name implies street cars made safe to race and these are anything but that. Man would it be cool to have one though...

4) For now, Honda sucks. They can be brilliant at times (as we all can attest), but their demise can be pointed to the exact date when they announced the 'Earth Dreams" crap. I wrote a letter to Nick Fry back when Honda F1 was around asking him if was intending on racing to win, or just showing up at the tracks in an ugly car with 'green' credentials. Such a joke! What that whole thing showed me was good intentions don't do SQWAT! Just like the rest of the lying climate social engineering crap we've been forced to eat (not for much longer I hope!). Hybrids are fine, all electric is stupid at so many levels, but Honda, come on. I better be careful or I'll get labeled as a 'denier'.

5) That's enough for now...but I've got plenty more.

Looks cool, but not as cool as the HSC. Plus, it's unoriginal *cough*TVR Sagaris*Cough*.
TVR%20Sagaris%20-%201024x768.jpg

She looks beautiful! I love that rear end too! Cant wait to see this car compete.

I have a feeling Honda is going after GT-R and LFA :biggrin:

Lexus said the LFA was an unique car because it was a race car that turned into a street car. Whereas 99% of exotics out there are opposite. Maybe Honda is trying to do the same thing.

Where are the haters of NSX is dead, FR sucks, Soichiro's spirit is dead, and I can't believe Honda dropped the MR design?:rolleyes::biggrin:

I might be crazy, but if you look at it's profile, what we are seeing is NOT the "halo" car we all saw in Germany, but the V8 Coupe which was rumoured by some.

The V10 was rumoured to be a 2+2, this car most definitely does not look like it could handle even a semblence of rear seating! I know that SuperGT is a silhouette formula, but the cabin space should remain fairly constant I would have thought.

Could it be that the V8 Coupe was always intended for SuperGT, because it would make a better fit with the rules? Perhaps what Honda had in mind was a "halo" Acura SH-AWD with thumping V10, and a similar looking HONDA V8 Coupe for sale in Japan only, to fit the SuperGT rules? It would look similar to the V10 model, but would be shorter in wheel base, and fit the rules better? Of course it's close kinship with the V10 model would mean any racing success would be shared by both models.

Am I dreaming?
:redface:

I might be crazy, but if you look at it's profile, what we are seeing is NOT the "halo" car we all saw in Germany, but the V8 Coupe which was rumoured by some.

The V10 was rumoured to be a 2+2, this car most definitely does not look like it could handle even a semblence of rear seating! I know that SuperGT is a silhouette formula, but the cabin space should remain fairly constant I would have thought.

Could it be that the V8 Coupe was always intended for SuperGT, because it would make a better fit with the rules? Perhaps what Honda had in mind was a "halo" Acura SH-AWD with thumping V10, and a similar looking HONDA V8 Coupe for sale in Japan only, to fit the SuperGT rules? It would look similar to the V10 model, but would be shorter in wheel base, and fit the rules better? Of course it's close kinship with the V10 model would mean any racing success would be shared by both models.

Am I dreaming?
:redface:

That actually makes bottom line sense. Just like Audi with the v8 and v10 R8s. U could have the "base" V8 car as the less expensive more attainable option and the balls out v10 with no compromises as so called Halo car. I just wish this car wins the drivers and manufacturers championship so they can build the damn thing!!!!

I like the 10min video!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lCqY-vAX4EA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lCqY-vAX4EA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Back