• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda HSV-010 GT

Officially Official: Honda releases photos and specs on HSV-010

Thought this news was worthy of a new thread.

Officially Official: Honda releases photos and specs on HSV-010
by Sam Abuelsamid (RSS feed) on Jan 18th 2010 at 12:58PM

01-honda-hsv-010-off.jpg

After a single teaser, a slew of spy shots and a handful of videos, Honda has finally released all the official details on its new GT500-bound HSV-010 racecar. Based on the discontinued NSX successor, five HSV-010s will hit the track at the SuperGT season opener this May, with 10 drivers, including Ralph Firman and Yuji Ide.

While the road car was believed to have been powered by a new V10, the HSV-010 uses a 3.4-liter V8. The engine is likely a derivative of the powerplant used in the Acura ARX-01 LMP2 car in the American Le Mans Series over the last three years. With 496 horsepower and 289 pound-feet of torque propelling its 2,425 pound mass, Honda's new team of GT500 racers has the chance to take the Japanese series by storm. Make the jump for the official specs.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/18/officially-official-honda-releases-photos-and-specs-on-hsv-010/

Re: Honda HSV-10 New Photo

As mean and fierce looking as this HSV looks, which it does indeed, it will never be a true replacement for the NSX. Only a true mid-engined sports car will be able to replace the NSX.

Now if they stick that 3.4L V8 and stuff in the back of a HSC, with some minor tweaking of the body lines, now we're talking.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can you PS gurus take the back end of this HSV, the tail lights in particular, and slap it on the HSC?

The CRZ is the new NSX as far as Ito is concerned ..LOL Yes I'm crying as I laugh

Re: Officially Official: Honda releases photos and specs on HSV-010

BAD ASS! :biggrin:

I wonder what the red-line is for the engine?

Well this is surely bad ass! What I really want to see is what the street version will look like!!! V8 or V10 - doesn't matter to me. I just want em to build it - and we will come!

Well this is surely bad ass! What I really want to see is what the street version will look like!!! V8 or V10 - doesn't matter to me. I just want em to build it - and we will come!

There are no production plans for this vehicle.

While they haven't announced any production plans, I was under the impression that the SuperGT series must race production based vehicles. At any rate, the car is a huge improvement visually over the ASCC.

From the way I read that article in R&T - it sounded like the NSX was NOT dead. I'll reread it since I have it at home - but it AIN'T dead yet! I'm forever hopeful Japan will get it's Sh**t together on this one cause if it doesn't well our cars will eventually be collectors items. But till then we, or some of us, will just have to enjoy driving our NSXs - won't we guys - so 92 please get your battery and drive it.....:biggrin:

Not just with the NSX Honda needs to get there stuff together with all their cars. Is this car Mid-engine?! the front looks a little low/small for the engine to be up front.

Hey WingZ maybe you saw this already..... from Autoextremist today:

"And what about Honda? Here is a company that was founded on risk-taking and pushing the envelope by a gifted engineer who believed in the enduring strengths of solid, reliable and good performing engines. It wasn’t the Honda Quality Company, or the Honda Transportation Company, it was the Honda Motor Company, a bold, competitive enterprise that reveled in innovation and proved its competence and technical acumen on racetracks the world over.

This was the Japanese automobile company that was crawling with enthusiasts - and the absolute antithesis of what Toyota stood for - the one that marched to a different drummer and awed its competitors and buyers alike with a series of vehicles that bristled with creativity, vision and an unbridled sense of how it was supposed to be.

But that wasn’t the car company on display at Cobo Hall last week. No, the Honda I witnessed at the Detroit Auto Show was barely recognizable, a lurid mash-up of reduced expectations, abominable design, paunchy, overweight and miserable excuses for “new” (the horrendous Honda Crosstour and Acura ZDX being egregious examples No. 1 & 2), the stunningly bad (the entire Acura lineup is a living and breathing class on how not to design cars), and a flat-out blown opportunity, the frighteningly mediocre and wildly underwhelming Honda CR-Z.

What happened? How can a car company with such a glorious history and pedigree drive it off into a ditch so convincingly? How can a company that was so out front of everyone else in terms of engineering-in responsiveness and “fun-to-drive” into their vehicles end-up with a product lineup that’s so relentlessly bland and un-Honda-like that it’s just flat-out shocking?

We all saw this coming, of course. When the brilliantly balanced and exquisitely executed S2000 sports car was put out to pasture with no replacement you just knew that there was an ill-wind blowing at Honda headquarters. In the “old” days that never would have been allowed to happen, and to me it signaled a fundamental lack of understanding, or worse, a growing chorus of “it doesn’t matter” from a car company that should damn well know better.

There are some signs of life at Honda with the recent regime change, but then again they’re going to have to prove to me – and to its legions of fans out there in Consumer Land – that they not only get it, but that they’re going to get back to what they do best, and that is to build some of the best and most desirable mainstream cars available in the world.

Until that time I guess we’re stuck with exactly one vehicle from Honda – the Fit – that at least reminds us somewhat of what they’re capable of doing. Not Good."

Pretty well said, I think.

See it here:

http://www.autoextremist.com/

Hey WingZ maybe you saw this already..... from Autoextremist today:

"And what about Honda? Here is a company that was founded on risk-taking and pushing the envelope by a gifted engineer who believed in the enduring strengths of solid, reliable and good performing engines. It wasn’t the Honda Quality Company, or the Honda Transportation Company, it was the Honda Motor Company, a bold, competitive enterprise that reveled in innovation and proved its competence and technical acumen on racetracks the world over.

This was the Japanese automobile company that was crawling with enthusiasts - and the absolute antithesis of what Toyota stood for - the one that marched to a different drummer and awed its competitors and buyers alike with a series of vehicles that bristled with creativity, vision and an unbridled sense of how it was supposed to be.

But that wasn’t the car company on display at Cobo Hall last week. No, the Honda I witnessed at the Detroit Auto Show was barely recognizable, a lurid mash-up of reduced expectations, abominable design, paunchy, overweight and miserable excuses for “new” (the horrendous Honda Crosstour and Acura ZDX being egregious examples No. 1 & 2), the stunningly bad (the entire Acura lineup is a living and breathing class on how not to design cars), and a flat-out blown opportunity, the frighteningly mediocre and wildly underwhelming Honda CR-Z.

What happened? How can a car company with such a glorious history and pedigree drive it off into a ditch so convincingly? How can a company that was so out front of everyone else in terms of engineering-in responsiveness and “fun-to-drive” into their vehicles end-up with a product lineup that’s so relentlessly bland and un-Honda-like that it’s just flat-out shocking?

We all saw this coming, of course. When the brilliantly balanced and exquisitely executed S2000 sports car was put out to pasture with no replacement you just knew that there was an ill-wind blowing at Honda headquarters. In the “old” days that never would have been allowed to happen, and to me it signaled a fundamental lack of understanding, or worse, a growing chorus of “it doesn’t matter” from a car company that should damn well know better.

There are some signs of life at Honda with the recent regime change, but then again they’re going to have to prove to me – and to its legions of fans out there in Consumer Land – that they not only get it, but that they’re going to get back to what they do best, and that is to build some of the best and most desirable mainstream cars available in the world.

Until that time I guess we’re stuck with exactly one vehicle from Honda – the Fit – that at least reminds us somewhat of what they’re capable of doing. Not Good."

Pretty well said, I think.

See it here:

http://www.autoextremist.com/

Pretty good write up about Toyota and BMW too.

Amazing article! Well said

Back