• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda no longer carries normal wear/tear parts???

So I was just informed by Mark at Dali Racing that Honda no longer makes rear brake caliper rebuild kits for 94-96 models. WTF are we supposed to do if we need to rebuild them (like I do). I know 97+ is different. What about 91-93?

What about other normal parts? This seems to me that it could be a problem... What happened to the "30 year lifespan support!"

Seriously, what can I do for the rear calipers. I KNOW a BBK kit would be greaaaaaaaaat but I can't afford it. Ideas? Other manufacturers?

Did you call a dealership to confirm the story?

Not yet.... He's been good about getting me everything else I order even if it takes a few shipments, so I saw no reason to doubt...

He said the dealer he gets them from told him they were discontinued...

call up tim @ hondacuraworld.com, he seems to be able to get his hands on almost every acura/honda part out there.

Yah I just talked to the dealer and it has in fact been discontinued.... :(

I'm wanting to powdercoat mine, hence the need for the kit. Guess I'll have to try those guys or give it up...

Are replacement calipers still available from the dealer?

The next step is to look at the 1991-93 part listing and see if you can order the "Kit" as individual parts. In the early years (1991-93) there was no "Kit",only individual parts. I suspect you can still get the parts separately.

I will check on Monday.

Regards,
LarryB

Honda doen't build those brakes. They are by Nissin Brake. There should be a cross reference of parts for the pieces you are looking for. (somewhere)

The next step is to look at the 1991-93 part listing and see if you can order the "Kit" as individual parts. In the early years (1991-93) there was no "Kit",only individual parts. I suspect you can still get the parts separately.

I will check on Monday.

Regards,
LarryB

The 1991-93 individual parts for the rear caliper are still available. See here:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org...omp=List All&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal

If you look at this parts blowup you will see the rebuild kit(#1) is not available for the 1993, but the individual parts are. I checked this morning and there are 8 of #7(piston seal) and #9(piston boot) in stock at the moment in Acura inventory.

HTH,
LarryB

They are the same. Part numbers for the 1991-93 caliper are different from the 1994-96 calipers because the 1994-96 calipers do not include the pad set. The piston size for both is 42mm, so seals and boots are the same.

If you are really concerned just buy one seal and one boot. It is about a $40 investment. Once you see them and they fit, you can order the rest:).

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Back