• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda waiting for F1 win before releasing next NSX?

I think Honda is going to time the release of the next NSX closer to when they start winning F1... That said, they could have started leveraging their IRL wins this year too..

Strange I was thinking the same thing

The FIA's sanction on BAR and Sato's failure to let his team-mate by quicker may have cost him his best chance at victory to date. Button and his car both performed flawlessly ( even with the helmet malfunction). No-one can beat Ferrari for the manufacturers cup this year but Honda and Renault are neck and
neck for second. Maybe a second place manufacturer's cup = a
new NSX ?

s2ktaxi said:
I think Honda is going to time the release of the next NSX closer to when they start winning F1... That said, they could have started leveraging their IRL wins this year too..

I agree that if there is a next NSX that Honda would probably like to have its release associated with something like an F1 win. But good corporate planning would dictate that its release be associated with a certain date - and with Formula Schumacher, an F1 win is uncertain at best.

Re: Re: Honda waiting for F1 win before releasing next NSX?

jcjcf1 said:
I agree that if there is a next NSX that Honda would probably like to have its release associated with something like an F1 win. But good corporate planning would dictate that its release be associated with a certain date - and with Formula Schumacher, an F1 win is uncertain at best.
I agree that schumacher has an edge over the other drivers but that edge can be made up with a better car ;)

Re: Re: Re: Honda waiting for F1 win before releasing next NSX?

s2ktaxi said:
I agree that schumacher has an edge over the other drivers but that edge can be made up with a better car ;)

I hope it happens soon, but I doubt it will be this year. The F1 races are snoozers for me right now. I've been taping the races and fast fwding thru them - used to get up at 5:30AM MT to watch live.

that edge can be made up with a better car
Too bad Honda seems to have a little ways to go. At least Buttons engine made it through the race!! I think once they tackle the reliability they will be a force to be reckoned with.

as long as Michael is still racing for Ferrari,
it's hard for Honda to win championship

no other manufacturers in F1 makes everything (entire cars except the tires and the fuel).....like Ferraris..
they are way too advance...

Honda just needs to make the NSX in USA, and fxxk the Japan law.
give us a V8=420HP NSX, peace!!:D
(N/A car please, just to show that Honda can do it without using a Turbo)

chinaboy said:

420HP isn't enough now. It needs to be closer to 500. ie.. F430, gallardo and 06 Z06.

Oh no, here we go again......:)

"no other manufacturers in F1 makes everything (entire cars except the tires and the fuel).....like Ferraris..
they are way too advance..."

both Toyota and Renault produce "in house" cars

With the 2.4 V8 engine proposal for next years Formula One engine, Honda might have a great marketing scheme if the replacement for the NSX is going to have a V8 engine. Saying the componments are derived from F1, etc..let the marketing department handle that.

As for Bar Honda they are improving far better than what anybody expected. Honda got invovle more in the engine department and look what happened. Honda will be there next year...in contention.

As far as Button, he is not the person I thought he was...what a stunt he and his agent or whomever just pulled. I thought that with Button and Honda, the team was closing and scratching the world championship points, getting closer and closer to p1. JB is a good driver but a lot of questions is raise about his character on what he just did. The relationship between him and Bar Honda will not be the same even if they retain him...through legalities. Lets go Taku give him the better engine now...and look what TS can do..let JB do gardening duties and promote the third driver, Anthony Davidson to take over his place.

CJB said:

As far as Button, he is not the person I thought he was...what a stunt he and his agent or whomever just pulled. I thought that with Button and Honda, the team was closing and scratching the world championship points, getting closer and closer to p1. JB is a good driver but a lot of questions is raise about his character on what he just did. The relationship between him and Bar Honda will not be the same even if they retain him...through legalities. Lets go Taku give him the better engine now...and look what TS can do..let JB do gardening duties and promote the third driver, Anthony Davidson to take over his place.
I could not agree with you more - this is one situation where I take my hat off to Villenueve - maybe BAR should give him a chance. I think Davidson should drive the next race - who cares if JB doesn't get to challenge for 2nd in the driver's championship this year.

that's what I've been thinking as well. It does make sense if you think of all the hoopla that surrounded the release of the original NSX back when Honda was dominating F1 like nobody's business. I think they are waiting for a return to the top of F1 before they start hyping up the next generation NSX and giving it the green light.

chinaboy said:
as long as Michael is still racing for Ferrari,
it's hard for Honda to win championship

no other manufacturers in F1 makes everything (entire cars except the tires and the fuel).....like Ferraris..
they are way too advance...

Honda just needs to make the NSX in USA, and fxxk the Japan law.
I was thinking along the same lines.

Back