• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hose replacement

I have a '94 with the original hoses and know I'm WAY past due replacing them. Some time ago, reading one of the threads, someone recommended Nabil in Orlando, FL. I just called him and got a price that, for P&L, is less than the labor charge alone at Honda and Acura dealers in the NE FL/ SE GA area. My wife and I can make the 3.5 hr. drive down, drop it off, rent a car and room, see Epcot and still break even.

Thanks to all who provide this kind of helpful info!:biggrin:

if the hoses make it on that long drive to him. LOL

bad bad boy not replacing them sooner.

how much did he quote you. just wondering.

I was so stunned by the price that I didn't write it down but I think he said $864.

And yes, am VERY bad, got to where I don't go very far for fear of hose failure. But, and I know these are famous last words, the hoses feel very flexible :rolleyes:

Its interesting; I asked my local Acura dealer to quote the job and they originally came back with something like $1500 or so. I told them that others on Prime had reported their dealers doing it for between $900 and $1100. She came back and said their original quote was a "typo", and that they would do it for $900. Which they did (and gave me a RL for a loaner for a couple of days). You gotta watch these dealers...... :eek: Jay

yeah they will def overprice you when they see you have an NSX and dollar signs pop in their eyes, " this guy has money " thinking.

its better to find a third party for this stuff thats trusted and has had lots of time under the hood of an NSX

The Dealer's "discounted rate" was $972 + tax. He then came down to $700 when I told him Prime lists it at $600-$700.:tongue:

"Discounted parts," including thermostat, were $359.:rolleyes:

Are you guys saying that you are getting all the hoses (22 or 23 of them) replaced, the valve clearances as well as the timing belt and water pump done for ~$900 labour?? Parts on top......

Are you guys saying that you are getting all the hoses (22 or 23 of them) replaced, the valve clearances as well as the timing belt and water pump done for ~$900 labour?? Parts on top......

Yeah we wish!

Hoses seem to be around ~$900 for parts and labor from a good independant.
TB/WP, belts, valve adjustment is approximately ~$1500

based on my reading/experiences

No, just the hoses and thermostat. Dealer just countered with $1000 for P&L

CLR1024 where are you getting that number from? I wish... mine was 2500 for TB/WP Valves

your in orlando where did you get yours done?

CLR1024 where are you getting that number from? I wish... mine was 2500 for TB/WP Valves

your in orlando where did you get yours done?

I had Nabil at First Class in Orlando do mine, 407 228-2849 he replaced all belts, did the valve adjustment, replace the TB pulley as well, think some other things too. I have the receipts but I would just call and get a price as that was done several years ago. Next time around on the TB/WP, belts etc I am going to replace the harmonic balancer as well as get the shield from SOS. Probably cam plugs and seals as well.

HTH.

Back