• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hot Version NSX - Killer Japanese tuner shootout video!

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
hotversion.jpg

Hot Version is a Japanese video magazine that looks at all tuner versions for various Japanese cars, focusing on a different model each episode. This is the NSX episode and features all the big names like Phase, K&N, etc. They look at the mods to each car, run them on the track and then finish by running the cars in an all-out race against each other at the track. No English but still awesome!

You need Real Player (www.real.com) to view it. Modem users, beg borrow or steal some high speed Internet connection time because the file is about 120 MB.
http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/multimedia/hotversion.rm

just watched the video. very cool. I like how they had a camera right next to the exhaust pipe so you could see it backfiring.

Hot Version is not a Best Motoring Video. They are made by the same company, but are not the same series. It is a spinoff that is done by Tsuchiya Keiichi. They are all numbered sequentially, so they are easy to organize though.

That SC NSX lost.. man.. something is wrong.. did you noticed how he said the handling of the car is bad so he had to cut the corners sharp and swing out to compensate.

Also I think that video makes me want to get 4.55 NSX Gears.. the Black one that won had the gears on it with intake/headers/exhaust.. wow. it beat that 3.2L blue nsx.

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

WOW ! Great video !

Thanks Lud !

Hey, what is the mod to do to have the backfiring exhaust too ?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Enzo (edited 29 July 2001).]

That black supercharged nsx is sure a disappointment. I liked the camera angle on how the drivers blipped their throttle going into the apex. I had a hard time concentrating on the explanation of a race type oil pan that prevents sloshing because of that girl in the bikini. Great video.

I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the better driver having a better race. I'm sure all those cars are great machines. Ever go to a driving school and watch the intstructors lap the students (in corvettes) with Neons?

Originally posted by jungd:
That black supercharged nsx is sure a disappointment. I liked the camera angle on how the drivers blipped their throttle going into the apex. I had a hard time concentrating on the explanation of a race type oil pan that prevents sloshing because of that girl in the bikini. Great video.

OH you too
smile.gif

Overall it was a good video (try DL on 26.6K took 1 day)

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 30 July 2001).]

You guys see that oilpressure gauge......... thats exactly wath my nsx is doing driving in a straight line. oh god...........
I had the bit about the oilpressure translated, and its about the G-forces on the oil in long curves, where the oil pickup is sucking air, resulting in a damaged oilpump (pretty easy to understand though).

Funny to say its from vol. 28, since i have vol. 35 sitting here with exactly the same video (and girls......)

Dutchy

1993 ..../black

Hi, just happened to see this posting about Best Motoring and Hot Version videos. There is a new official English web site where you can buy English versions of the videos. Just thought you guys might want to know.
www.bestmotoringvideo.com

Regards,
Max

Am I just not bright enough to navigate the site correctly, or is there only one video available?

I finally watched the video and it was great! An english version sure would be nice though. I cannot believe how poorly the SC NSX did. All of those car were pretty amazing!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

or is there only one video available?

Currently only one, with hopefully more to come. It's a good one with great footage of the NSX-R...I bought it as soon as it was mentioned on www.nsxsc.com

Unfortunately, I read somewhere that they have no plans to bring out an English version of their NSX-specific issue

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 August 2001).]

The Driver of the Gruppe M Supercharged NSx was Hattori Naoki the driver of the Raybrig NSX if I remember right. His comment was that the suspension(Mainly the shocks) didn't quite seem up to par for the car. He didn't cite a reason, but being that it was a track car, and a bit used, it could have been worn shocks. In any case, he WAS faster than everyone in a straight line. He just seemed to have trouble putting traction down through the corners.

They don't exactly tell you what is coming up next but we can vote for the up coming issues. Go to the VOTE part from the Top page. http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com
I voted for "New M3 Takes on JDM Super Sports!" NEW!
Yup a NSX type S is included in the battle it says.

Back