• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Hottest NSX Quarter Finals: Synth19 (Orange) versus 3.5LNSXR (red)

Synth19 (orange) or 3.5LNSXR (red)

• Synth19 (orange)

Votes: 106 48.8%
  • 3.5LNSXR (red)

Votes: 111 51.2%

• Total voters
Winner: orange category (synth19)

7744512958_7fe463644a_o.jpg

4766637252_b896daa4ee_o.jpg

6984814464_ff757a5b6f_b.jpg

synth197.jpg

synth195.jpg

7030586481_93e9d9967a_o.jpg

7167714138_e0313b557e_b.jpg

6866087032_b1fd09c9df_o.jpg

4525784243_e5f185c35b_o.jpg

led2.jpg

Versus winner (red category) 3.5LNSXR:

IMG_9890.jpg

IMG_9858.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

IMG_9831.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

IMG_9682.jpg

Last edited:
this is going to be another black vs silver!

actually 3.5+synth, a question for you both as i couldnt help but notice both of you run jdm nav pods.

what screens do you have in the nav pods (model numbers).

if this is derailing the thread i can edit my post and pm them directly; but i figure the info may benefit other members.

thank you.

this is going to be another black vs silver!

Yes, I think this will be very close.

I am giving the edge to 3.5LNSXR for the motor, I like the RS wheels better than the model 5's (even on synth's car the Advans look better to me), I like the hood, lip, and I just love red. This car sorta came outta nowhere and pushed out Oscar.

I am giving the edge to synth for the near perfect stance, those delicious mirrors, and the fine seat stitching. I'm taking a point away for something hanging off the rearview mirror as I did with stormrider. This is a professional photo shoot man! You're not driving a taxi in Taiwan! :tongue:

Last edited:
3.5 came literally out of nowhere and just kicked ass.

i have a gut feeling that its going to be a battle of the boosted and itll be 3.5 vs stormrider for the heavyweight title

Yes, I think this will be very close.

I am giving the edge to 3.5LNSXR for the motor, I like the RS wheels better than the model 5's (even on synth's car the Advans look better to me), I like the hood, lip, and I just love red. This car sorta came outta nowhere and pushed out Oscar.

I gotta get my taillights on. Makes such a huge difference.

This was a really hard choice. I had to go back and forth several times.

Tough competition here, but I'm a bit confused. Quarter Finals? After semi-final rounds? WTF? :biggrin:

LOL who cares. There were 4 competitors left other than widebody so I called it quarter. Yeah it's all backwards I know... Just vote already :D

@saleens7rs agreed but I did vote for 3.5lnsx for the red showdown I believe, but synth's stance is so damn clean with his (whore ass) wheel collection. :)

Last edited:
IMG_9890.jpg

Newb question...which lip is this^? I know most of them but not this one yet....

Thanks.

That's a route KS Zaz front lip. Rear side skirt extensions are also route KS.

The vents are fake and that's why synth doesn't like them, but I have the same lip and I plumbed the vents into tubes and am feeding air to my front brakes.

Synth also decided to stay with the stock hood. My car is very much like 3.5LNSXR's, down to my new RSII black wheels that are coming, but I do also see synth's efforts to keep the car very "clean" hence his choice of lip and stock hood. One is more aggressive, one is more "clean", depends on your preference.

I have to say I am a bit surprised of this poll result and it's closeness so far. Not because I think either car is far better than the other but because synth19 has possibly the most popular of NSX's not just on this forum but across the Internet. Just google and see what pops up. People REALLY like his car and 3.5LNSXR just doesn't post a lot. In fact it wasn't halfway into the contest that finally someone posted more pics. In the nominations thread I had asked for more photos but still only had one and frankly I almost eliminated the entry because you can't really be in a looks contest with one photo. We still don't have a rear shot of this car, and we are here with 4 cars left.

As much as I do like synths new advan model 5's (everyone is scrounging to get used ones of on this forum), looking at the pictures I think the black RS go better with his car color. Since he truly uses both sets on his car on a regular basis, I allowed pictures of both in the contest but this is the last time I think... from here on out any contestant has to post one iteration of their current setup and that's it.

I'm still a little torn on how to handle the 4 cars left and include the widebody winner, vrooom. The black versus white seems to have a clear winner now in Stormrider. So it looks like, from a sheer number of votes standpoint that the 4 most popular cars are vrooom, synth19, stormrider, and 3.5LNSXR. I can do one of two things:

Start a vote soon with STORMRIDER versus vrooom (it looks like he is a clear winner in black versus white), and then have the standard body white winner and the super custom body white winner battle it out. Have that winner go against the winner of this one. Or:

Have STORMRIDER go against the winner of this contest, have that winner go against vrooom.

The numbers are odd so I can't do it any other way. There s also the track winner, Robfenn. But that is not a street legal car so do I throw it in? I could do Robfenn versus vroom, winner of this versus winner of black and white, and then winner of standard body versus winner of track/custom widebody. It's tough. What's left here are truly the most popular NSX's on prime.

Last edited:
I have about 75 amazing pics of Sky's car. Problem is, I have no idea which pics Honda Tuning is using in the Feature so I can not post them online.. January HT magazine will bring all of the great photos out. Then once that is released I can post all the others. I have the car in my shop right now though. Would you like me to take a pic from the rear and post it?

That's a route KS Zaz front lip. Rear side skirt extensions are also route KS.

The vents are fake and that's why synth doesn't like them, but I have the same lip and I plumbed the vents into tubes and am feeding air to my front brakes.

Synth also decided to stay with the stock hood. My car is very much like 3.5LNSXR's, down to my new RSII black wheels that are coming, but I do also see synth's efforts to keep the car very "clean" hence his choice of lip and stock hood. One is more aggressive, one is more "clean", depends on your preference.

I have to say I am a bit surprised of this poll result and it's closeness so far. Not because I think either car is far better than the other but because synth19 has possibly the most popular of NSX's not just on this forum but across the Internet. Just google and see what pops up. People REALLY like his car and 3.5LNSXR just doesn't post a lot. In fact it wasn't halfway into the contest that finally someone posted more pics. In the nominations thread I had asked for more photos but still only had one and frankly I almost eliminated the entry because you can't really be in a looks contest with one photo. We still don't have a rear shot of this car, and we are here with 4 cars left.

As much as I do like synths new advan model 5's (everyone is scrounging to get used ones of on this forum), looking at the pictures I think the black RS go better with his car color. Since he truly uses both sets on his car on a regular basis, I allowed pictures of both in the contest but this is the last time I think... from here on out any contestant has to post one iteration of their current setup and that's it.

I'm still a little torn on how to handle the 4 cars left and include the widebody winner, vrooom. The black versus white seems to have a clear winner now in Stormrider. So it looks like, from a sheer number of votes standpoint that the 4 most popular cars are vrooom, synth19, stormrider, and 3.5LNSXR. I can do one of two things:

Start a vote soon with STORMRIDER versus vrooom (it looks like he is a clear winner in black versus white), and then have the standard body white winner and the super custom body white winner battle it out. Have that winner go against the winner of this one. Or:

Have STORMRIDER go against the winner of this contest, have that winner go against vrooom.

The numbers are odd so I can't do it any other way. There s also the track winner, Robfenn. But that is not a street legal car so do I throw it in? I could do Robfenn versus vroom, winner of this versus winner of black and white, and then winner of standard body versus winner of track/custom widebody. It's tough. What's left here are truly the most popular NSX's on prime.

Back