• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2012 Hottest NSX FINALS

Which is the Hottest NSX 2012

• Vrooom

Votes: 112 53.6%
  • 3.5LNSXR

Votes: 97 46.4%

• Total voters
I think people are going a bit overboard with a "poll" where the winner doesn't actually get anything. It appears that the voting is self-limited anyway since there are over 21,000 Prime members, this thread has over 9000 views and there is a total of less than 175 combined votes as of now.

If there is any lobbying, I hope the people doing it aren't going to try to get a job as a government lobbyist and point to their efforts as a resume.........

Couldn't agree more. Which is why I included my .02c since apparently there were fake accounts created in the past in order to cast votes in these threads. Seems a little crazy.

Mike , Some of the parts I am speaking of are just not seen very often. Maybe not "rare" to you or west coasters but not very commonly seen around my part of the country.

" rare parts " I like are as follows:
Real Type R guages - is there 1 other set in the country? VanceHU?
RouteKS Sideskirt flare and front lip. First set on a car around here. Great change from a more typical Stacy's or wings west.
Umbrella VRH kit. There are two of these around here. My car and his.
Taitec front tower brace bar
Driving ambition rear lower chassis bar ( never seen another one )
Real Mugen pedals
Procar console
Procar nav pod
GT extreme exhaust - probably not rare out there but is here and accompanied with the 3.5 makes a sound that is amazing.

As I have said plenty of times on these threads. I love Vrooms car. And Dans. Hell I love almost every NSX I see. But these polls are for opinions. Hottest NSX is subjective. I lean toward the stock lines with power. Only reason my NSX is FX widebody is because it was wrecked when I got it. I have never liked widebody cars. So I went with the wide body that TO ME held the most OEM lines.

Obviously I am not the only person who feels this way guys. So if your upset your car lost in one of these competitions and are looking for a reason why you can quit pointing fingers my way. I am simply voting and asking prime members to vote.

It is a internet competition. I think people have taken it way to seriously.

Thanks for your reply. But, just to make it crystal clear my post was simply to ask what rare parts were installed in 3.5LNSXR that was it and like many others including yourself, I posted why I voted for Vrooom. So to say I'm upset that my NSX lost couldn't be farther from the truth, because I know there are a lot more NSX's that are far better/nicer than mine and I'm sure there are NSX's that aren't on NSXPrime that are a lot better/nicer as well.

As far as my suggestions for the Poll thread moving forward, they were only intended as suggestions to give more structure, but that's up to TURBO2GO on whether he and Chris (nsxot1c) wants to use them.

Mike

you guys mean to tell me that there were people who made false accounts only to further a vote on a shallow, subjective poll such as this one...

that's rich...

I will agree with you that both cars are amazing. But c'mon man. Your bias is pretty obvious on the multiple contest threads where you have voted. It's clear you want your customer's cars to win, which is perfectly fine. I don't even mind the behind the scenes lobbying/campaigning to get your customer cars "votes."

I could have sworn I put this on my personal Facebook page but is this the "behind the scenes" campaigning your talking about?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357816449.575640.jpg

I'm glad to see a contest like this - who was on the panel that reduced the contest down to these 2? I'm curious how all this came about.

The thing I like most about Vroooom is the interior - it's very nice and professional looking and when you look in the engine compartment and see the ITBs - you know a lot of work went into the car and it's an all round build. I think that all the suspension mods and engine mods should have been listed!

I voted for Vrooom because it was the best all round car with the most well done mods. Just wish I could get a ride in it and know what the HP is? Somebody post some of this if it's known.

Adios

Last edited:
who was on the panel that reduced the contest down to these 2?

That would be me. LOL... haven't you followed the rest? It has come to these two because they won every category the competed in so far.

I'm glad to see a contest like this - who was on the panel that reduced the contest down to these 2? I'm curious how all this came about.

I setup and put together about 8-10 hottest preliminary threads which were all decided via polls then Turbo2Go took it from there... and the Nsxprime community voted each thread to end up with these 2 vehicles.

you guys mean to tell me that there were people who made false accounts only to further a vote on a shallow, subjective poll such as this one...

that's rich...

Yeah I was surprised too, it was a bit embellished as I heard it was only a few fake accounts. It's not like the winner gets a free set of Advan RSII's

Actually the winner does get a set, it was a surprise.

NOT.... LOL. but hey you do get a plaque and a $50 gift certificate from SOS.

So I will call this at the end of the month. Everyone get your votes in!

Mike , Some of the parts I am speaking of are just not seen very often. Maybe not "rare" to you or west coasters but not very commonly seen around my part of the country.

" rare parts " I like are as follows:
Real Type R guages - is there 1 other set in the country? VanceHU?
RouteKS Sideskirt flare and front lip. First set on a car around here. Great change from a more typical Stacy's or wings west.
Umbrella VRH kit. There are two of these around here. My car and his.
Taitec front tower brace bar
Driving ambition rear lower chassis bar ( never seen another one )
Real Mugen pedals
Procar console
Procar nav pod
GT extreme exhaust - probably not rare out there but is here and accompanied with the 3.5 makes a sound that is amazing.

As I have said plenty of times on these threads. I love Vrooms car. And Dans. Hell I love almost every NSX I see. But these polls are for opinions. Hottest NSX is subjective. I lean toward the stock lines with power. Only reason my NSX is FX widebody is because it was wrecked when I got it. I have never liked widebody cars. So I went with the wide body that TO ME held the most OEM lines.

Obviously I am not the only person who feels this way guys. So if your upset your car lost in one of these competitions and are looking for a reason why you can quit pointing fingers my way. I am simply voting and asking prime members to vote.

It is a internet competition. I think people have taken it way to seriously.

I just wanted to point out that another rare feature of this car is the color combo; red/red is as rare as orange/black (only 8 ever made), which is second only to yellow/tan as the most rare (only 6 ever made, but that's b/c it's an ugly combo).

In any case, both are great cars. Congrats to both Jeff and Sky.

I just wanted to point out that another rare feature of this car is the color combo; red/red is as rare as orange/black (only 8 ever made), which is second only to yellow/tan as the most rare (only 6 ever made, but that's b/c it's an ugly combo).

In any case, both are great cars. Congrats to both Jeff and Sky.

Yes, that was covered in semi finals.

And don't forget Sebring Silver Ivory cars. Only 4 of those made.

I voted for the red one. I like them stockish looking. IMHO of course. :D

I'm a fan of the NSX-GTR

This is incredibly difficult... I love both cars!

CONGRATULATIONS TO JEFF@CARBON6, WINNER OF NSXPRIME'S HOTTEST NSX CONTEST.

Well done Jeff. You really deserve this. Awesome work on the car. Please PM me your mailing address.

Last edited:
Congratuation Jeff your car is the best i love everything about your car :smile: good work!
Thank you for putting this contest together and for those who vote. It was amazing for me to go again Jeff the very talentive and most favorite art work with nsx. it is an honnor for me.
Thank you everyone.
Sky

Jeff, Congrats on being the first winner of NSXPrime's hottest NSX contest and congrats to all the participants whose NSX's were nominated the Hottest NSX Contest!

Back