• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Houston, TX - 60-130 Event - Lonestar Motorsports Park - July 18, 2009

Guys,

I am looking for some interest in this for a member off SupraForums. We are seeing if you guys would like to come out and either participate or hang out with us. Supra's, GT-R's, maybe NSX's and a load of other various vehicles will be there. If there are any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'll keep this up for a week or two and see if there is interest, if not then I'll let him know you guys are out.

Thanks,

OdyOwnage

Many of you have heard about (or attended) our 60-130 events in the past. This is an opportunity for all of us to get together and have some fun with our cars without abusing them yet still be able to go over 130 mph legally! The premise is simple:

Rent dragstrip
Put a GPS based driftbox on your windshield (like a radar detector)
Roll through water box
Floor your car at about 20 mph
Hang on and let off around 135 mph
Get a GPS verified time it takes for your car to go 60-130

Here is an excellent article written about the 60-130 measure:

http://www.examiner.com/x-5826-San-...to-130mph-replacing-the-quartermile-drag-race

When: Saturday July 18, 2009

Where: Lonestar Motorsports Park (Sealy, TX)

Time: Gates open at 2:30 pm and track is hot from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm

Cost: spectators are $15 and racers are $50 (same as always)

Caravan Info: meet at the Conoco gas station at I-10 and Eldridge (off Eldridge just north of I-10) at 1:20 pm. We will leave promptly at 1:45 pm to Lonestar.

The track will re-open at 7:00 pm and will be open to all 60-130 participants to drag race until midnight!

Peter

I'd be down to bring my civic Hatchback to this event. Hopefully I can come to a complete stop without a shout.:wink:

Rahim

Back