• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How are Old/Used nsx's (91's)

While everything posted so far is essentially correct, it may not be the biggest cost of owning an NSX. For me the biggest cost is attributable to following the posts on this website. Before I started following the threads on NSXPrime, I was happy with my stock 91. Then I started getting a bug to change wheels (Work 17”-18”), exhaust (Comptech), shocks (Bilstein), swaybars (Dali), stereo (Thunderworks) and supercharger (CTSC). And although the transmission was not giving me problems, it was in the snap-ring range, so close ratio gears… and since the transmission was out, new clutch. And next week I will have Comptech headers installed.

So, it may not be the reliability, maintenance, or rear tires that will consume those extra dollars, it the desire to upgrade and personalize your NSX. The car is a work of art and worth the investment of time, effort, pride, and more than a few dollars.

You should make the changes that you feel you need, not what anyone else says you should do.

I haven't done any of those changes. Except for the shocks, but that was only because I think mine were starting to go south after eleven years of track use. The car is pretty darn great just as it comes from the factory.

If you really like the car and have the money go for it. Just dont buy it and become financially strapped, especially while in college.
I was kind of in the same shoes as you, but I waited until I graduated and started grad school to buy my red 91 2 months ago. I'm very pleased with the purchase. I was really close to getting an S2000, but after driving a 91 I was hooked. The car might not have gobs of horsepower by todays standards, but it's still a blast to drive and, even after a decade, looks so cool! I didn't buy the car for the looks, but people compliment me so much on it (knock on wood).
BTW, drive it around campus or the clubs and be sure to get a palm pilot or an IPAQ for the digits! Again, I didnt buy the NSX for that, but why not take advantage of the other benefits?
Like a previous posts says, you're only young once, so enjoy!!!
Search around and you'll find a good deal. I was lucky enough to buy red 91 with 30K miles. It was well maintained. The interior has that yummy leather smell.
I hate putting too many miles on it so I commute in my undergrad car (94 Accord Ex) and keep the NSX for special occasions or the weekends.
Good Luck!!!

[This message has been edited by max_payne (edited 30 January 2002).]

sounds great, i think i'll lean toward the 94 because i did not nkow you could sell the wheels for atleast 1500, that sounds great
yea as far as the mods go, i guess i will stick to what i wish to do, but honestly i like having other peoples opinions to help influence mine into a better one. i dont know all that much on the nsx, but on cars i guess i'm ok. this information is great and when i get the car i can't wait to get some pictures of it on here, of course its nothign beautiful cause you all have one haha, but yea i've been working in my company for quite some time and now i'm glad i can make a purchase for myself, that car is going to be my baby man i can't wait.
oh someone asked where iw as from
i was born in baltimore raised in maryland, and then i moved to northern viginia less than 8 months ago and now i'm a student at virginia tech. if someone wanted to check out my business site, take a look at www.2by2.net/trunks1
thanks guys back to reading more on the faq!

Back