• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How fast have you taken your NSX up to?

I'm not surprised that there are so many with +130mph experience,,,but having a roof over your head is too easy,,so for the the targa owners how fast with the roof off?I'm at 148 on the speedo but with my 265/35/18 thats probably 155 or so,and for only a brief moment as I was going deaf and bald!lol.

Originally posted by docjohn:
I'm at 148 on the speedo but with my 265/35/18 thats probably 155 or so

That size is 1.8 percent larger than stock so 148 mph indicated would translate to 150.6 mph, assuming no other inaccuracies.

Originally posted by docjohn:
for only a brief moment as I was going deaf and bald!lol.

If it was only a brief moment, you're luckier than most of us.

astepniczka.jpg

Can anyone beat this guy?
eek.gif
lol...

Originally posted by mother goose:
284 km/h (177 mph) on the german Autobahn, where this kind of thing is legal!! (I got it on video)
I stopped looking at my meter when the needle passed 265 km/h, and still increasing. I thought it would never end...
Also on the Autobahn (of course, elsewhere there are something called "speeedlimits" and "police")

------------------
Have a Honda-experience every day!

Jon
'91 NSX for summer & '97 CR-V for winter

Whatever the OEM 2001 6-Spd transmission tops out at is how fast I went in Hawaii on the H1 Freeway near Aiea. I assume around 165-175?

Originally posted by hdsr5:
Whatever the OEM 2001 6-Spd transmission tops out at is how fast I went in Hawaii on the H1 Freeway near Aiea. I assume around 165-175?

A bone stock 2001 NSX should top out at 168 mph actual speed, given enough distance and neutral wind conditions. I don't know what the speedometer would indicate at that speed, though.

Can I assume no one at 160+ has 4:55's or tampered with the gears?

The fastest I've heard (indirectly) the NSX go was Comptech's, it hit 193 mph. Man I would love to see someone do a legit 200+ but to get those extra 7 mph would supposedly require exponential HP at that speed.

Originally posted by McAttack:

I have a '94 with a six speed and 4.55's and a BBSC. I've run 165 indicated on the speedo with 285/30/18's on the rear.

160 for 10 minutes or so on an elevated part of I-5 just north of Weed, CA. Then I passed a High Wind sign and got a little queasy.

The use of the 4.55 R&P with a five-speed will lower the top speed from a drag-limited 168 mph to a rev-limited 166 mph, but should not limit the six-speed. The use of short gears has no effect because they don't change fifth gear.

Two different times to talk about:

1.) 130+ in a 35 mile per hour zone
2.) 160+ (162ish) on I-75 between SR70 and SR64 in a 70 mile per hour zone

Gotta love 84 mph's at redline in second gear!!!!!!

Gotta say, my M3 is faster though... but I feel the NSX is not a speed car, more of a "Fits like a glove" sports car.

------------------
[email protected]
Inventory
  1. 1992 Acura NSX Black
  2. 2002 Audi TT 225 Coupe Black - SOLD!
  3. 2002 Lexus IS 300 Blue - FOR SALE!
  4. 2001 Nissan Xterra Blue
  5. 1968 Lincoln Sedan Black (Yes the Matrix Car!)
  6. 2003 BMW M3 Coupe Laguna Seca Blue - New Addition!
    [/list=a]

Highest documented speed by radar

172mph, May 16, 1999 just south of Ely Nevada in the Nevada Open Road Challenge. The car was NOT topped out.

Undocumented 180+ on the speedo, Highway 50 approx. 100 east of Lake Tahoe May 14, 1999. Car was NOT topped out.

I'm guessing my top achievable speed is around 190 with my current setup.

Wei-Shen
94 Supercharged NSX with 4.06 R&P

Originally posted by huckster:
when 'my friend' hit 160mph it seemed like there was more room than the 168 reported.

168 mph has been widely reported as the top speed achievable for a stock '91-01 NSX (with the roof panel up, if it's an NSX-T). And that is actual speed, so the indicated speed can vary from actual speed due to speedometer inaccuracy, tire wear, different tire size from stock, etc. There are also several factors that can increase the actual top speed - a tail wind, a downhill road, power-adding mods, etc (and similarly, a head wind and an uphill road can reduce top speed).

Originally posted by nsx-ray:
Highest documented speed by radar

172mph, May 16, 1999 just south of Ely Nevada in the Nevada Open Road Challenge. The car was NOT topped out.

Did you notice what your speedometer indicated at that time?

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 March 2003).]

145mph and too much wind noise/leak from the driver's window for me to go further. it turned out that the window was off track. Did I say mph? I meant meter per hour!

For those interested in the accuracy of their speedometers, try spending the $100 on a gps.
My NSX with the tires I am running seems to be dead accurate. Speedo says 60, GPS said 60, Speedo said 100, GPS said 100, Speedo said 120, GPS said 120. I've gone faster (see my post on page 1), but didn't have the GPS in the car that trip. The radar guns on I-5 up by Shasta Lake have also confirmed the accuracy of the speedo in the 60 to 70 mph range. I don't know if I am just lucky, or if in general Honda made the NSX speedo more accurate than others. My Integra, RL & CR-V are not as accurate. The Integra & RL read high (actual is lower than speedo) and the CR-V reads a little low (actual is a little higher than speedo).

I truly have no idea what I have hit. On the Sawgrass Expressway I raced one of my biz partners in his GT2 (needless to say he let me take off first...lol) and he says we hit 170, but at that point he was catching up, so I'm thinking mid 150's or so? He wasn't catching up "that" fast, but he did.

I have no clue what a 92 will do with exhaust/header/intake/55 shot nitrous when redlined in 5th. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

SR

I have no clue what a 92 will do with exhaust/header/intake/55 shot nitrous when redlined in 5th. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

SR[/B]
with I/H/E 180 for a moment spraying 100 shot in 5th for about 10 seconds oem rims tires, would not advise it or do it again (transpired in mongolia disclaimer)checked wheels tires hoses oil before run

My best was 162mph, on a highway of course. I've also done 4 other times up to 160mph and it was such a blast. Of all people that I've passed must've thought I was crazy. My car's bone stock, haven't even changed I/H/E or rims.

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

Originally posted by BadCarma:
with I/H/E 180 for a moment spraying 100 shot in 5th for about 10 seconds oem rims tires,

I was not aware the gearing on the 5-speeds would allow for such a high speed. WOO! :: looks for a straight track ::

SR

No.

I have 4.55:1 and short gears (however, short gears affect only 2nd, 3rd, 4th) and hit 163 MPH at 7500 RPM.....doing the math says 174 at 8000 RPM (and doesn't the rev limiter engage at 8250 RPM? = 179 MPH).

Back