• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How long does it take to wash/detail your car?

I just spent 3 hours washing/drying.

Going to spend tomorrow working the clay bar. Guessing another 4 hours?

Then Day 3 will be waxing: another 4?

That's a total of 11 hours...

lol. how long does it take you guys?

LOL :)

I usually bring it to a professional shop, where at least 4 people is working on it for about 1-1,5 hour. Than get back home and start with the interesting parts by myself with the "clean" car (they think it it clean, I think it is not.

In this way I only do the most interesting things :))

If I'm going to do "the works" it's the better part of an entire weekend for me. Probably 10 to 15 hours. Wash, clay, remove swirls etc, wax, vacuum, shampoo carpets/mats, treat leather. Glad to hear I'm not the only one taking this long!

Wash is about a half hour, maybe less (gotta love optimum no rinse ;) )
Wash and wax is about an hour

Full on detail with the buffer and whatnot is about 4-6 hours depending on the size of the car and severity of the swirls

Of course I keep the NSX pretty well maintained so it only takes about 2-3 hours if I do the works.

You can see some of the other cars I've detailed here:
http://itsfabulo.us/details/

Last edited:
BTW, i find it funny that people are willing to spend hours at a gym where they can get a really good work out from Detailing, not just washing their cars. Engine bay, inside, underneath, wheels, etc.

it's real work.

Because there are no girls in yoga pants and sports bras walking around me when I wash and detail my car.

Because there are no girls in yoga pants and sports bras walking around me when I wash and detail my car.

motivator9c07b7087d7082213c6d96f93e257a3f6053eb99.jpg

4 hours. I do it all but the engine. Normally my NSX is pretty clean. Soooo its rare it takes 4 hours.

when I first got my NSX I washed it every other day and clayed it every other month and waxed it 2 times or more a week.

now.... I havent washed it in almost 3 weeks and its a daily driver. uggghh

waxed it almost 3 months ago and it was a half ass job didnt have enough time. its looking rough.

I am taking the right steps though to get it done went out and purchased new bottle of my favorite wax and cleaners so maybe next friday. bachelor party on saturday St-Pete beach so it needs to get done :biggrin:

the interior looks like someone used it for a trash can, the passengerside floorboard is filled to the brim.

lately I have been getting on the interstate open both windows and let nature do it job by sucking out newspapers, cig packs, unopened letters, beer bottle, Mcdonalds wrappers, Big Mac boxes LOL just kidding

I should be shot I know I know. its getting done soon I swear

Last edited:
when I first got my NSX I washed it every other day and clayed it every other month and waxed it 2 times or more a week.

now.... I havent washed it in almost 3 weeks and its a daily driver. uggghh

waxed it almost 3 months ago and it was a half ass job didnt have enough time. its looking rough.

I am taking the right steps though to get it done went out and purchased new bottle of my favorite wax and cleaners so maybe next friday. bachelor party on saturday St-Pete beach so it needs to get done :biggrin:

the interior looks like someone used it for a trash can, the passengerside floorboard is filled to the brim.

lately I have been getting on the interstate open both windows and let nature do it job by sucking out newspapers, cig packs, unopened letters, beer bottle, Mcdonalds wrappers, Big Mac boxes LOL just kidding

I should be shot I know I know. its getting done soon I swear

Ewww I cant stand it when peoples cars are filled with trash. Its such a small confined place.

no one ever rides in it and if they do I transfer all the junk on the floor to the trunk LOL where it really decomposes its like a compost in there

j/k

I ended up just staring at the picture for 2 minutes, then I got to the text and actually LOL'ed

Ya know.... I always liked those cross-flags Vette emblems!

-Jim

Wash and dry about one hour. Wax only when I got time. Usually 2 hrs for the whole car.

no one ever rides in it and if they do I transfer all the junk on the floor to the trunk LOL where it really decomposes its like a compost in there

j/k

Dont worry shawn, my black can go for months without tlc from all my waxing.

For me, about an hr to wash it. Full detail with wash, clay bar, wash again, wax, vaccum, engine clean, detail interior with conditioner, and windows..... Prob about 10 hrs with breaks in between

I was just going to say that you must be doing it wrong.

Then you came to your senses and realized yourself. :biggrin:

I'm in the detailing business and it takes me between 8 and 12 hours to detail a car, depending upon initial condition and level requested.

-wick

Send the car away to get the "full" treatment..once a "driving" season (spring, summer and fall). I only wash, vacuum, wipe down the interior and apply leather care to all relevant areas. 1.5 hrs. Weekend driver, sometimes on weekdays (short distances...like 10miles total) and never seen rain (intentionally anyways). Absolutely never seen snow and parked 5 months out of the year. Given I don't do more than 3500 to 4000 miles a year the car can get by on fewer washes/tlc sessions and still look..well stunning.

Back