• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many Honda/Acura cars have you owned?

I'm currently at 14...

Bought New...

1976 Honda Accord (Blue)
1985 Honda CRX Si (White)
1986 Acura Integra (Blue)
1988 Acura Legend Coupe L (Maroon)
1990 Acura Integra (Blue)
1994 Honda Odyssey (Pewter)
1997 Honda Del Sol Si (Dk Green)

Bought Used

1991 Acura NSX (Black)
1992 Acura NSX (Red)
1977 Honda Accord (Orig Gold)
1979 Honda Accord (parts car, Silver)
1980 Honda Accord (parts car, Green)
1996 Honda Civic (parts car, Red)
1976 Honda Accord (Blue...just like my first one)

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 25 November 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 27 November 2002).]

oh good, another chance to tell this story.

91 blk/blk nsx

had a 00 tl

would be daily driving an mdx instead of an escalade, BUT the dealer only one year after i bought the tl from him wanted to give me wholesale on my tl and full sticker on the mdx(im talking about his inflated sticker--not acura's). when i questioned this, he said he had to many tl's, they were hot and now their not. The mdx was hot and they couldnt come down there either. when i asked if he'd rather lose a repeat customer than shave his 'profit' on this deal he just shrugged his shoulders. said theyd sell the mdx to someone else and didnt really want my tl. SO I bought an escalade and drove back into his parking lot(same day), honked my horn, went in and got my salesman, and asked him to be sure and tell his sales manager. the salesguy was nice, but the dealership completely lost my confidence. Now I'd rather drive a pinto than buy an mdx from this dealer.

anyone else have a similar experience?

I'm at 3, but then again I'm 19 so I haven't enough time to own too many, LOL. Here's the list:

New:
2000 Red Accord Coupe EX V6
2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

Used (first car when I was 16):
1996 Silver Acura 2.5 TL

Next:
98/99' Spa Yellow NSX in spring, 03' or sooner if I can find the right car
wink.gif

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

I am only at 2.

99 Civic Si
93 NSX

My next NSX will be a 3.2 -- prob a 97 in a couple of years.

'88 CRX
'92 NSX
'93 Civic CX (hybrid)
'92 Civic DX (hybrid)
'95 Civic Si
'96 Civic EX
'94 Integra GS-R
'97 Integra Type R

The NSX only and it will probably end there... since I am so pissed with the Honda Switzerland!

(ok, a 3.2 NSX-T would be nice too, but either NSX or nothing for me...)

[This message has been edited by gheba_nsx (edited 25 November 2002).]

4 for me ...

* 1985 Civic 1500S Hatchback
* 1989 Honda Accord LXi
* 1996 Honda Accord EX
* 1991 Acura NSX

The Hondas replaced each other in succession...

Non-Hondas ...

* Nissan Xterra SE
* BMW 325i
* Toyota LandCruiser
* Mercedes CLK320

LC replaced the Xterra and CLK replaced the BMW.

Only 2 so far for me:
-1998 Civic HX
-1996 NSX-T (black/tan)

Planning on a '97+ model NSX within the next 2 years.

------------------
'96 Black/Tan NSX-T
Short gears, Dali swaybars, Ferodo/Axxis Ultimate brake pads, Bridgestone S-03s

87 Acura Integra (Sold)
94 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
97 Acura NSX-T (Current)

Non Honda

98 BMW 328C
91 Mustang GT
00 Nissan Pathfinder SE (Current)

1990 CRX Si white -stock
1991 CRX Si white -1.6 dohc vtec swap
1990 CRX Dx black -1.6 dohc swap
1991 CRX Si white -stock (parts car)
1991 CRX Si black -1.8 dohc vtec swap turbo
2000 Insight -stock
1995 Integra GSR 261k miles - soon to be boosted
smile.gif

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.
I don't own an NSX.

Joel... some bad experiences with Honda here... I kind of like the cars (afterall the Europeans do not have much to do with them) but hate the organisation. Anyway I think that Honda best day were in '90-'95. The '95+ models are not really my taste (last Legend, last Civic, last Accord, ... even the facelifted NSX) and I really think they lost some of the "magical touch".

92 NSX
95 Integra GS-R
99 Accord sedan (wife's car)
90 Integra GS-L
92 Accord coupe
am looking to maybe get a RSX Type-S next.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

[This message has been edited by 92NSX (edited 26 November 2002).]

1991 Acura Integra LS
1993 Acura Integra GS-R
1994 Acura Legend Coupe LS (6 speed MT)
1996 Honda Civic EX Sedan (5 speed MT)
1999 Acura Integra LS (actually the wife's car)
2001 Honda S2000
2001 Honda CRV EX
2002 Honda S2000

I love the engineering and simplicity of most Honda vehicles. I despise most Honda dealers and sincerely wish Honda had marketed my beloved S2000 as an Acura and not a Honda.

BTW - Huckster, we had a similarily disappointing experience with respect to buying an MDX, or I should say trying to buy an MDX. We seriously considered buying a 2001 for my wife from the same dealership that I bought two Integras and the Legend from and my wife had bought her Integra from (they also serviced all these cars). We were treated like crap and basically informed that our repeat business meant nothing to them because they could (and probably did) sell the MDX to someone else at above MSRP + a bunch of unwanted crap on the car. The end result... we bought a Lexus instead for my wife and were treated like royalty. My wife is nowhere near the car person that I am and Honda/Acura has probably lost a customer forever because you'd have to pry my wife out of her Lexus. You can see our propensity to flush money down the toilet on new cars so I think you'll agree with me when I say that this bad experience is likely to cost both the dealer and Honda/Acura a large chunk of change in our life times.

DeHapa, well, im sorry to hear it but also glad to know it wasnt just me. I was literally astounded with my 'acura' experience. If they would just have bumped my trade in up 1k$ over wholesale I would have done the deal and felt ok about it. It was the dealer management's general attitude that pissed me off. my tl was 12mos old, bought at same dealer, only 19kmiles, and they told me flat out they didnt want it and didnt need to discount the mdx. when i asked about working with me (1k over wholesale on tl tradein), they just shrugged their shoulders and said mdx is hot, tl is not. And of course i'd paid full sticker on the tl, with the navi.
Now keep in mind that they had a loaded up mdx sitting there that the customer had backed out of, and they knew i was going to buy it on the spot. (dealer add inflated to 42,500$)

And, like you, they lost a repeat customer. wtf were they thinking? I even spelled it out for them, "lets not ruin a life-long relationship. i'm a repeat customer and will continue to be. i trade cars every 1-2years, and I believe in acura products."

Oh yeah, i left out the punch line. they started this whole process by telling me they wouldnt let me drive the mdx. I said that i was going to buy that one today, and wanted to drive it first. they said not until i'd bought it. I said, 'just around the block', they said 'no'.

can you tell that this really irked me?

I think acura may be losing it. they'd better keep the nsx. at least they'll have flagship technology, because they've got sinkingship service.

oh yeah, bought the escalade for 39,900-fully loaded, got 1k over wholesale on tl trade.

if it wasnt a daily driver workmobile, i would have bought the lexus 470(big one). Lexus dealers provide redcarpet treatment to go along with products on par with acura.

do you think acura's 'more economical' marketing approach is hurting their service levels? they seem to be positioning themselves as 'value for the dollar' instead of 'luxury for your money'.

Aside from my NSX, my wife and I currently own a '97 Civic HX. Before that, we owned a '96 Civic LX.

Before some punk kids decided to pick it up and roll it down his driveway, my dad owned a 70's-era Honda 600. I wish it hadn't been totalled...I wanted to have a picture of it next to my NSX.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by huckster:

...they wouldnt let me drive the mdx. ..they said not until i'd bought it.

I hate it when dealers do business this way.

I won't even buy a pair of jeans without trying it on first.

What makes them think we will buy a $40k+ vehicle without test driving it first?

Morons.

Back