• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many miles is too many for a used NSX?

The beef I have with the upcharge interwoven i that they are not asymmetrical. The wheel is going one way on the driver side and the other on the passenger side.
Completely agree, it's ridiculous that they didn't make the wheels directional per side. This was why I didn't want the interwoven wheels when shopping for my nsx although in the end I had to take them in order to get the car I wanted. Now I have forgotten all about it until threads like this pop up. lol

Drivers side they look pretty cool! Passenger side they look backwards :confused:

Yup...Driver's side wheels look like they are brushing the ground...Passenger side ones look like they are clawing on the ground...Luckily they didn't make the same mistake with uni-directional tires on them...

I think Acura got it right. The painted interwoven wheels are upscale. The Y spokes are nice but rather simple so makes sense they are the base wheels. Except for the chrome ones. Those are gross.

Agreed on the polished (chrome) ones. To me, the machined interwoven (two tone) look the best (on the blue, red, and black), followed closely by the painted ones. On some cars (NBP, Valencia red, and black) the machined interwoven wheels look extremely classy. If the Y-spoke had a silver/machined option, they would also look very upscale on these cars. On the white and silver ones, the painted interwoven look best.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding harsh...there are better assets to buy if you want to minimize resale headache/depreciation. Heck there are even assets that might appreciate instead of depreciate...most are not vehicles though. :tongue:

The ONLY issue I would have with higher mileage is if there's red flags that the car was abused. Due to recent trends in social media and the sharing economy, I would check the following:

Has it been used as a YouTuber/vlogger car?
Has it been used on Turo?
Follow standard checklist for various inspection highlights (tires, underbody, body panels and wheel well conditions, etc.)
Not sure but may be good to also see if you can pull or see data from the ECU, how many launches? (of course not sure all sellers will agree/want to give up this data)

I found one at 600 miles total. So it's like brand new. Has the EXACT configuration I want. But the dealer will not drop it from $139,900 which is their asking. I offered $134k and they declined even got slightly offended by my offer. I am asking them to go down 4% on their asking price.

Original MSRP on it was $173k.

What do you guys think? I am seeing others now at $130k or lower but config is just slightly off from what I want. I got 3 options now at $128k, one of them has 2000 miles only. Still prefer the $134k one but the dealer is being very ridiculous. I told them they won't sell it and eventually they'll drop it below my offer when I have already bought a different one.

This makes me so mad and frustrated! The perfect one and it's the worst dealer ever. All the other ones that I don't want the dealers are emailing me daily to give me a better deal than I even ask for. Ugh.

If they are the worst dealer ever, why do you want to give them your business?

I found one at 600 miles total. So it's like brand new. Has the EXACT configuration I want. But the dealer will not drop it from $139,900 which is their asking. I offered $134k and they declined even got slightly offended by my offer. I am asking them to go down 4% on their asking price.

Original MSRP on it was $173k.

What do you guys think? I am seeing others now at $130k or lower but config is just slightly off from what I want. I got 3 options now at $128k, one of them has 2000 miles only. Still prefer the $134k one but the dealer is being very ridiculous. I told them they won't sell it and eventually they'll drop it below my offer when I have already bought a different one.

This makes me so mad and frustrated! The perfect one and it's the worst dealer ever. All the other ones that I don't want the dealers are emailing me daily to give me a better deal than I even ask for. Ugh.

Well I never been tothe dealer don't even know who they are. Found them online. Just saying the worst to negotiate a price with.

I will say it another way, if you don't like their approach to negotiation, why do you want to give them you money?

I'm trying not to let my emotions get in the way from getting the car that I want. If I can get it for the right price then I can care less about the dealership.

The question is really, who has the right price in mind, the dealer at $139,900 or my offer of $134k.

It is 600 miles on odometer, original MSRP of $173k.

Certianly if they don't sell it then they will end up dropping the price. But just want to make sure that I'm giving them a more than fair offer or else someone else might get it instead.

Another tip in car buying: Never get too emotionally attached to a car. For this level of car you want to make sure you have great memories in all the process. Always wait....the right car/deal will come along and you'll be much happier

Another tip in car buying: Never get too emotionally attached to a car. For this level of car you want to make sure you have great memories in all the process. Always wait....the right car/deal will come along and you'll be much happier

You are right! I always tend to make this mistake so now it is best I take a chill pill and wait for the perfect deal to come by.

I'm trying not to let my emotions get in the way from getting the car that I want. If I can get it for the right price then I can care less about the dealership.

The question is really, who has the right price in mind, the dealer at $139,900 or my offer of $134k.

It is 600 miles on odometer, original MSRP of $173k.

Certianly if they don't sell it then they will end up dropping the price. But just want to make sure that I'm giving them a more than fair offer or else someone else might get it instead.

134 max should be a deal getter
I know a couple hi line west coast exotic dealers who aren't offering even in the low 120's on used low mile units with a higher spec than one you are looking at.

great car

You are right! I always tend to make this mistake so now it is best I take a chill pill and wait for the perfect deal to come by.

If it has everything you want, is $5k against the entire value of this car enough that it matters to keep waiting for one to come along that is exactly what you desire? While there are certain combinations which were more popular, there's only so many out there that have been made.

I bought mine new and I know it's already lost value (although hopefully not way down to 120 yet) I don't regret getting it new - No bumper scratches, no worries on if it had been tracked or anything like that. It had all of the options I wanted (and more, but I fell in love with the CF roof, it is quite stunning in person.) . With low miles, you're probably still good there (but definitely look under the bumper, this seems to be the most common issue.)

Patience is good - if you decide to wait, I hope it works out for you. But on a purchase of this size you're talking a small delta to get exactly what you want.

If it has everything you want, is $5k against the entire value of this car enough that it matters to keep waiting for one to come along that is exactly what you desire? While there are certain combinations which were more popular, there's only so many out there that have been made.

I bought mine new and I know it's already lost value (although hopefully not way down to 120 yet) I don't regret getting it new - No bumper scratches, no worries on if it had been tracked or anything like that. It had all of the options I wanted (and more, but I fell in love with the CF roof, it is quite stunning in person.) . With low miles, you're probably still good there (but definitely look under the bumper, this seems to be the most common issue.)

Patience is good - if you decide to wait, I hope it works out for you. But on a purchase of this size you're talking a small delta to get exactly what you want.

Fair point!

I guess one can look at this either way.

Question - do yall like the rear spoiler option? This one doesn't have, but now not sure if I want one or not. I'm on the fence about it. Initially I wanted without the spoiler but a user here posted an NSX with a spoiler and now I'm not so sure afterall. Never seen it in person.

Fair point!

I guess one can look at this either way.

Question - do yall like the rear spoiler option? This one doesn't have, but now not sure if I want one or not. I'm on the fence about it. Initially I wanted without the spoiler but a user here posted an NSX with a spoiler and now I'm not so sure afterall. Never seen it in person.

I was not a fan in pictures but absolutely love it on the right car in person. This is the car that made me think it can add a lot to the right car. These are a few angles that you don't see often but show it off well. I personally love the Science of Speed Wing in pictures but haven't seen it in person.

IMG_0644.jpgIMG_0088.jpg

Last edited:
Back