• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many of you play a musical instrument here?

MYNSX said:
I been playing guitar since I was 7 that's 28 years HOLY CRAP I'm old.LOL :)
MYNSX

Ive owned over 60 different guitars.
My favorite is my Paul Reed Smith
then my Ibanez Jem.

Classical
Jazz
Metal
you name it I love music ,especially 80's metal and Bach.
A few mentors
Steve Via
Joe Satriani
Al Pitrelli
Maulmstein

and so many more:D :D :D

we jam out to the same things ... I thought i was the only one who liked Maulmstein.... most people dont know who he is ....

I'm a sax/clarinet/flute player. I teach music in high school and in a community college. I have my own big band "Chops" that has recorded three CDs and plays at local private and public venues.

I play the piano. Use to take lessons as a kid but had to quit as I become more busy in highschool. Still play the piano once in a while though.

one of my sons is an oboist, the other a saxophonist - got tired of just watching and listening them play, so at 48 (two years ago), bought myself a strat and taught myself to play a bit.

old dogs *can* learn new tricks ;)

I have a ProTools/Media100 set-up. Emu's Emulator is the samplier of choice. I'm more into song production than playing an instument, gave up guitar and got into computer musical intruments.

I was in a past life a musician hence pbassjo.
Played with recorded or backed up the following, (this is a partial list)John Sebastian, Eric Andersen, Cab Calloway, various members of The Band, Dolly,Stella and Freida Parton,Paul Butterfield, Lionel Hampton, Robbie DuPree, Alice Cooper, Roland Kirk but there were many more. I sang, played various basses and was hired as a singer, arranger, composed or played on hundreds of jingles and studied with Eddie Gomez ( a jazz bassist) and did hundreds of plays, shows mostly as a sub. Was never a good classical musician but like to dabble and was self taught except for correspondence courses on arranging and theory. Never went to college except to play concerts or be a guest in a
workshop.
I did name rock tours in many parts of the world.
I now only play my radio and do computer recorded commercials for my business which is collision repair.
I still have a decent size bass collection which I rarley touch unless something falls behind them or I hear something that bugs me til' I play it which is not very often.
I use to practice 6 hrs a day when I was at home not working and 2-4 when on the road. I'd skip on studio days with just a 30 min warmup.
Hard work that left me with many great feelings, memories , insight, funny stories and discipline.
Sorry for the ramble, I see you wanted classical.

I have played the violin ever since when I was 8.

Performed as a concert violinist during high school.

Then I went to college and discovered parties. So I became a DJ and started mixing dance music at parties all across campus.

The later gets you more attention from women.

Now that I am married, I need to find my violin again.

I think I win the award for most unique instrument: I play Mandolin.
(well, haven't touched it for a couple of years)
I'm also self-taught at the Piano.

We should consider starting a NSX Prime Symphony Orchestra. :rolleyes:

So wut violin are you using now?
Bergonzi? Strad? Del Gesu? Stainer? Maggini ? Amati? Grofiller? Ruggeri? Montagnana? Guadagnini?

8000RPM said:
I have played the violin ever since when I was 8.

Performed as a concert violinist during high school.

Then I went to college and discovered parties. So I became a DJ and started mixing dance music at parties all across campus.

The later gets you more attention from women.

Now that I am married, I need to find my violin again.

Back