• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

how much added power can I expect from exhaust mod (Taitec)

I should be receiving my Taitec Parrallel exhaust from ScienceOfSpeed any day now... I'm really excited about the new look and sound it will add to my car... but of course one of the most important reasons to do the mod is the added power right? I currently have K&N Cone Filter and stock engine and stock exhaust and soon to use Taitec exhaust. How much power would the exhaust give me? 5RWHP? 10RWHP? Whats a realistic number?

Exhausts don't make a big difference on normally aspirated cars. The real horsepower gainer on the NA1 engine of the NSX is a set of headers. Headers + exhaust will net you around 20hp, which is very noticeable on a light car such as the NSX.

I have a special running on the headers now: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/

Thanks,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Yes, the headers will work fine with the Supertrap exhaust. I'm not sure about HP gain, I don't know of any NSX vendor that has dynoed the HP gain. The fact is, the variance that you will see between dyno runs, is about how much hp you'd gain.

Buy a set of headers, and you will notice the significant gain. This holds true to nearly any highly tuned NA car such as the NSX.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

I do not have headers (yet) and even then I noticed a SIGNIFICANT gain in power with just my Supertrapp exhaust. I currently have no packing material and no baffles in the exhaust. It is a *bit* noisy, but not too bad I think, but then again someone here said they thought the Comptech Exhaust was loud...so I guess that would make me obnoxiously loud.

I don't know how efficient the Taitec exhaust is, although I imagine that it is about as good as it get. If it is anything like the Supertrapp's I put on, you will notice a pretty significant increase in power.

Just by seat of the pants, I would guess I gained at LEAST 10hp with no headers. I would guess that the Taitec exhaust would do the same if not more.

I was just thinking a lot of the "power gain" on this or that part expressed in the forum seem to be mostly seat of the pants comments

I wish more people would take their car down to a dyno and do even a single set of before and after runs when they start adding performance parts

this way not only would they know EXACTLY if they gained anything from their investments but also the rest of us would end up knowing without any doubts if exhaust A is better than Exhaust B for power and I guess that goes for other power mods too.

my 2 cents

Back