• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

How Much Are NSX Parts Worth??

I am trying to approximate the street market worth of the following NSX parts NONE DAMAGED.All are stock factory parts 92'
1-2 front fenders
2-2 rear fenders
3-1 front nose clip
4-1 hood
5-1 factory wing
6-1 rear hatch glass
7-1 set of lower side skirts
8-1 RM racing exhaust(cat-back)
I think thats it.Thanks in advance for any help.PS where is best places to sell it??

------------------

I'd have to say that with the exception of the RM exhaust you listed, there is no established "street market" for used OEM parts such as those. It is pretty rare to see them come up for sale. This is not a mustang we are talking about here!
wink.gif
IMO, the parts are worth what someone is willing to pay. For example, did someone mess up their fender and they need a new one now? Is it painted in the right color for them?

Ebay is where I have seen more OEM parts bought and sold than anywhere else.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 16 December 2001).]

A *general* rule of thumb is that used parts go for 2/3's to 3/4's of the new cost, depending on the condition.

Parts that have moving pieces or that are exposed to mechanical stress - engine parts, mufflers, brakes - typically are at the lower end of the spectrum. Conversely, parts that "just sit there" - body panels, taillight lenses, even wheels - can fetch a higher dollar.

As Marc points out, the selling price is also a function of how bad the buyer wants the part.

The RM Racing cat back goes for around $1,499 if it's in good shape you should get $800 for it that's what I paid for mine used in excellent condition.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

A *general* rule of thumb is that used parts go for 2/3's to 3/4's of the new cost, depending on the condition.

That sounds EXTREMELY optimistic to me. It might be true for brand new parts that are normally replaced, like brake pads or tires, but for most used parts, I would really doubt that you could get anything like that percentage of the cost back in most circumstances.

Thanks for the specs.sheet on retail that helps .I figure 1/2 off is fair for both parties involved vs. nickel and dime the buyers and sit on a product to long.

------------------

The attitude adjuster(Bills friend)why assume the negative??
smile.gif
OK I robbed the car down south in Jersey blew the tolls and all to get the h@#& outa dare and I gotta unload em'ASAP.Ya gotta help me
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by MYNSX:
The attitude adjuster(Bills friend)why assume the negative??
smile.gif
OK I robbed the car down south in Jersey blew the tolls and all to get the h@#& outa dare and I gotta unload em'ASAP.Ya gotta help me
smile.gif

Actually, I had the same question. But then I saw you had 132 posts and figured you were probably legit... But it still leaves me wondering why you're selling 'em. I'm guessin' you just bought a pimp body kit? =)

-Mike

Hello,

this was posted in the mailing list, I do not know the person personally but it might help both of you
smile.gif

To: [email protected]
Subject: [NSX] need front end parts
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:42:58 -0800

OK, the fiance took out out my baby to do some Christmas shopping, pretty
much against my wishes. Took too steep of a driveway at the Glendale
Galleria.

I don't want to talk about it now
frown.gif

But this is what I need:
Front left fender
Left-front corner light (in fascia, not fender)
Lower front fascia
front air dam
A/C condensor brackets and cover
(I think condensor is OK, but I think the misc. bracket kills are high)
related fasteners

My car is black and I am Los Angeles.

I will pay good money for ready painted black bolt-on body parts in great
condition. Heck, I'll do that for any parts at this point...

I'll probably need more parts as I get everything apart. If you have any
leads or have parts to sell, I'd appreciate a call.

Thanks

Drew

Actually, I had the same question. But then I saw you had 132 posts and figured you were probably legit...
But it still leaves me wondering why you're selling 'em. I'm guessin' you just bought a pimp body kit? =)

-Mike

Yep,you got it Watson
smile.gif

The plan is build the basically the bodyof the Taitec Race Car theres multiple pictures of the Mobil car and another car on the Science of Speed web catalog that I was able to see and can not resist the urge.Ive already designed the custom interior seats, rugs,dash,door panels and sound system dvd,nav,camp system,white guages,tranny,supercharger and nitrous the entire change will be about 35,000.00 parts and labor the result Im sure will be one of the most extreme street machines I driven.Eagerly awaiting the transition
smile.gif

------------------

this was posted in the mailing list, I do not know the person personally but it might help both of you

The entire body that is for sale is Spa Pearl Yellow.It was a (body off)color change.No parts EVER were damaged.I sent in a ad to nsx prime to post the following Wing(factory)/entire front clip/headlight assemblies/both front and rear fenders/factory side skirts/rear hatch/the car I drive today is a coupe with Spa Pearl Yellow paint with black top.The body off paint work cost $10,000.00 and must be a good paint job it took 1st place as Best Exotic at a car show last week.My custom painter does alot of show trucks he owns 8 or 9 of them and he wins every show he enters.
Anyway thats the magilla/thats the skinny
smile.gif

------------------

Oh yea I forgot the factory hood is going too.PS the entire front end and also the bottom of all parts are covered with clear bra by 3-m for what thats worth the 3-m parts and labor costed 700.00-800.00 to have put on and it looks awesome
smile.gif

------------------

I notice that when I make a joke about "rice", Chris and George get their panties all in a knot, but when Mike says something about "pimp body kit", no one takes offense.

Thanks, guys, for making it so obvious that you're just looking to flame me, and that it has nothing to do with the comments themselves.

Pimp daddy,P-Diddy,thanks a "grip",rollin' hard,"thats bad",lets roll,that's def',

these wippersnappers just keep coming out with all these newfangled words
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I notice that when I make a joke about "rice", Chris and George get their panties all in a knot, but when Mike says something about "pimp body kit", no one takes offense.

Thanks, guys, for making it so obvious that you're just looking to flame me, and that it has nothing to do with the comments themselves.
Sure, coz MYNSX and Mike (grippgoat) are already down the path...

I think there's context along with content. And no amount of smiley-usage will totally dissociate this.

Its like overweight guys getting away with fat jokes. or follically-challenged fellas doing the bald-guy stuff.

If I owned a highly-modded, pimped-out r_cey-looking ride, then I can get away with it... been there, done that.

Back to the subject... a wise (old) friend pointed out that it actually might be more profitable to part out an older NSX and sell it out that way, rather than sell the entire car.

WHO THE HEAVEN IS BILL?
confused.gif
Relax, just pokin at you... It's not always do you ever see people selling fenders and bumpers and all off an NSX that is not damaged...
cool.gif

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

Back