• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much is this 91 NSX worth? JH4NA1150MT001526

Big_D said:
FROM THE FAQ
Why Does The Oil Pressure Read Low At Idle?
For 1991 cars serial number 3162 or lower, see Service Bulletin 91-008

[A/H] The specification at the engine oil pump is 0.7 kg/cm (the dash gauge reading) or (10 psi) at idle. The + - value of the gauge is 0.5 So, given all the little electrons and the hot oil molecules line up on the soft side your gauge could read very close 0 at idle. Unless the light comes on (see your owners manual) I wouldn't worry about it. You could always install a gauge and check it at the oil pump. We haven't had a problem with oil pressure in unmodified cars.

My reads low at idle as well
Yes, I realize this. I had the auction mechanic put a manual guage on it and aslo he printed out the service bulletin about the guage. The manual guage read 0 psi.

Attachments

• nashville NSX 015 (Medium).jpg
    nashville NSX 015 (Medium).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 86
  • nashville NSX 014 (Medium).jpg
    nashville NSX 014 (Medium).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 89
Greg Z said:
Yes, I realize this. I had the auction mechanic put a manual guage on it and aslo he printed out the service bulletin about the guage. The manual guage read 0 psi.

Thats too bad, just be patient and wait for the next one...there is always another.

If it went thru the Auction in TENN on SEPT 12. IT got $17,200. Add auction fee's and trouble for the Dealer $18,500. if you know a dealer if not the board said $20K. I'm a Dealer in Texas so I'm able to look up sales at Auto Auctions.

09/12/06 TENN Lease $17,200 139,424 Below BLACK 6G 5 No

pphold said:
If it went thru the Auction in TENN on SEPT 12. IT got $17,200. Add auction fee's and trouble for the Dealer $18,500. if you know a dealer if not the board said $20K. I'm a Dealer in Texas so I'm able to look up sales at Auto Auctions.

09/12/06 TENN Lease $17,200 139,424 Below BLACK 6G 5 No

if you know a dealer if not the board said $20K

This part of this statement makes no sense...

Is punctuation becoming optional on NSX Prime?:wink:

Only Lic. Dealers are allow to purchase from an auction. So if you know a Dealer then a LIC Dealer can get it and you could purchase it for $18500. IF you don't Known a Dealer to get the car from the auction you more than likely want to sell it for $20K.

The reason is the Dealer will have to put up his own money or bank draft to get the car costing him more money. If you provide the money to purchase it right from the auction. He would just make $500 to $1000 just to purchase it from the auction for you.

pphold said:
Only Lic. Dealers are allow to purchase from an auction. So if you know a Dealer then a LIC Dealer can get it and you could purchase it for $18500. IF you don't Known a Dealer to get the car from the auction you more than likely want to sell it for $20K.

The reason is the Dealer will have to put up his own money or bank draft to get the car costing him more money. If you provide the money to purchase it right from the auction. He would just make $500 to $1000 just to purchase it from the auction for you.
Yes, I am a licensed Dealer.
I actually keep the majority of my personal cars at my lot for, simply for a place to put them and they atract attention to the re-sale cars.
Heres a shot of my current P-cars I took a few days ago.

Attachments

• 87 RED S4 027 (Small).jpg
    87 RED S4 027 (Small).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 126
If your a dealer you would know what if should bring at auction. You should also know most time cars like this end up at the auction because it was a trade and there is enough wrong with it the dealer that took it in trade did now want to deal with it.

The board is a good place for information.

yeah I went and saw this car yesterday, man oh man this car is in rough shape, repainted, missing fenderliners, leather is bad, the radio is shoot, rough rough idle, the seals on the windows, hood, engine hatch are all shoot. yeah the milage reading is not was carfax says, so roll back has happened!! caustion stay away from this car. The sales guys told me it was the owners car and it was babied...LOL total lie, thanks prime for informing me.

Re: How much is this 91 NSX worth?

Back to your 'financially rough summer ': Why don't you wait till you have financially superb summer, drive an easy-to-fix-car till then and get one in a much better shape later. This car just made me run away. Ratty.

Best advice anyone can give you is this! ^^^ Amen!

Another great piece of advice - if you can't afford a good one - you damn sure can't afford a bad one! Get ready to start spending when you get this one! Pay up front or pay later after you own - that's the motto - repeat that over and over and then take an asprin, lay down and forget about it. Nothing is worth getting yourself in a bad situation over with a car that needs a lot of TLC and most likely expensive TLC. Word to the wise....:wink:

Re: How much is this 91 NSX worth?

Best advice anyone can give you is this! ^^^ Amen!

Another great piece of advice - if you can't afford a good one - you damn sure can't afford a bad one! Get ready to start spending when you get this one! Pay up front or pay later after you own - that's the motto - repeat that over and over and then take an asprin, lay down and forget about it. Nothing is worth getting yourself in a bad situation over with a car that needs a lot of TLC and most likely expensive TLC. Word to the wise....:wink:

Yeah I went through that with my Supra, I had to fix about 2/3's of the car, I now have learned my lesson, well said Sir. I'm now looking for a Targa 5spd any year ,any color execpt white

Well since you're looking for a Targa 5 speed you have only 2 years to choose from - the 95 and 96 model years after that the NSX went to a 3.2 engine and 6 speed tranny. The 2 years I mention many times are the best deals cause they are a little heavier and don't have the extra hp of the 3.2. The Targa required stiffners for the chasis and consequently they are a little slower - not a lot but a little. Nothing wrong with that reaally cause they are still plenty fast! At least I think so.

Good luck!

Back