• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Tall Are You !

How tall are you ?

• '6 foot tall or under

Votes: 101 59.8%
  • 6 foot 1 or taller

Votes: 68 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone over '6 foot tall ? I am right at '6 feet even. I just was wondering how it is driving the NSX if your over '6 feet ?

IMO if i was any taller i would not be as enjoying. ( daily driver )

I'm 6'2" and dont have a problem; i even have the seat quite a ways forward (to the same place my 5'6"ish girlfriend drives it; she dosen't even move the seat up)... but I like to sit to where i have my knees bent more than most people I have found out...

OneRedNSX said:
I'm 6'2" and dont have a problem; i even have the seat quite a ways forward (to the same place my 5'6"ish girlfriend drives it; she dosen't even move the seat up)... but I like to sit to where i have my knees bent more than most people I have found out...
Yeah, it's sounds like we sit the same way, i like my knees bent more too.

6'4"

I might be selling the car or getting aftermarket seats:confused:

I'm 5'6" short.:biggrin: I don't like my legs bend too much but had too since my arms is a little short to feel comfortable gripping the steering wheel even when the wheel is fully pulled outward. My kness keep hitting the steering column.

6'5". I can't put the seat completely back because then my head is below the roll bar part of the roof, which is low, and bangs it. I have my seat forward a few inches so my head is below the higher part of the roof & only my hair brushes it. Leg room is good.

edit- the seat bottom is all the way back, but the seat back isn't reclined completely due to head hitting rear of roof. Just wanted to clarify.

Last edited:
i'm 5' - 11 3/4". but i know a lot of people who say they are like 6-2 that are the same exact height as me..... either way, i sit with the seat as close as possible, with it upright as possible. cause that's how you're supposed to drive and you have better control:smile:

Synthesis said:
i'm 5' - 11 3/4". but i know a lot of people who say they are like 6-2 that are the same exact height as me..... either way, i sit with the seat as close as possible, with it upright as possible. cause that's how you're supposed to drive and you have better control:smile:
Funny you said it. Almost all the people I see at my work inflate their height.
I have seen a bunch of "6'2"s" who are actually under 6'.
Steve

5 & change...

I'm 5'10ish (ie. boufant hair, shoes, socks, Northernly wind, etc'...).

Keep in mind, overall height is a very general value. Individuals can vary in terms of limb length (arms/legs), abdomen/trunk lenth, and head/neck length.

Also, before anyone decides to sell their NSX based on comfort/fit, try the Dali racing seat-cushion as a last resort! It comes in 3 types: tweed, naugahyde, and leather. Replacing the OEM seat cushion w/ this offering will provide 2" of additional room!

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=447

Also, for NSX coupe owners, headliner replacement w/ a custom/aftermarket material can provide an additional 0.75" - 1.25". Usually any auto-trim/upholstery shop can do this using ultrasuede, vinyl, tweed, or urethane/synthetic materials.

Synthesis said:
Yeah,

You actually lose 20% - 30% of the feeling in your arms, from your cuff to your hands. When you extend them far out.

6'6". The stock seats were a little too tight for me. I bought an extra pair of stock seats and reupholstered the driver's side with thinner padding. It's still tight but much better on long trips.

timothyaw said:
6'6", head barely touches the ceiling. Plently of leg room though.
aero said:
6'5.5" (200lbs) Dali seat cushion helped quite a bit.
Bryan said:
6'6". The stock seats were a little too tight for me. I bought an extra pair of stock seats and reupholstered the driver's side with thinner padding. It's still tight but much better on long trips.
Klas said:
6’6”. Tight fit even with bucket seats.
TyraNSX said:
6'5". I can't put the seat completely back because then my head is below the roll bar part of the roof, which is low, and bangs it. I have my seat forward a few inches so my head is below the higher part of the roof & only my hair brushes it. Leg room is good.

I'll add my name to this distinguished list at 6'7"+. I installed the Dali Race seat last weekend and liked it. Afterward for giggles I rode in the seatpan, and I like it even better (even after an hour). I think I'm going to order a custom seat that's just a flat piece of color coded leather and maybe a 1/4" sorbothane pad. It's a whole new driving experience as my head just touches the roof, my back doesn't hurt from slouching, and my thighs clear the bottom of the steering wheel so I can practice my heel-toe shifting. Now if I can wear a helmet with the top off I'm all set (which I'll be testing this week).

I'm 6'1" (probably 6'2" w/ shoes on) and I have the seat forward. That said, my hair does graze the roof and there is not a lot of room between my thighs and the wheel. I think it would be ideal if I were sitting a couple of inches lower.

1.78:tongue:

5'10" and I can't fit in the car with my track helmet on unless I lean the seat back as if I was riding ghetto through Anacostia(which definitely isn't happening). =\

Nihilation said:
5'10" and I can't fit in the car with my track helmet on unless I lean the seat back as if I was riding ghetto through Anacostia(which definitely isn't happening). =\
HAHA.
I know what you mean, the first time we arrived at the Nurburgring we brought our helmets. Ended up sitting in the car with both our heads tilting sideways to our shoulders looking really stupid. :redface:
Helmets spent that day in the trunk.

Now they stay at home.

6'1", and I don't have the seat all the way back. Very comfortable ride.

I think it's more of a problem for the passenger. The passenger footwell isn't as deep as the driver, and I've had tall-ish passengers get all bunched up trying to squeeze in. My 5'0" wife has no problem, tho' :) ...

I'm only 5'6" but because I sit very upright, I do want for some headroom in my T model. In fact, I have several ball caps that touch the roofpanel if I don't pull them down further than I normally would.

In my experience, the non-T models do have a noticable difference in headroom (at least for how/where I sit in the car).

Getting into my daily driver is a pain in the back! :biggrin:

3.jpg

Last edited:
Back