• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How tall is too tall to own an NSX?

Like others have said, if you have long legs, then the NSX is for you. A long torso doesn't work too well.

I am 6'3" and have a leggy 36" inseam. A targa for me is a "No Go" and the coupe is on the edge of needing the seat cushion mod. My hair scrapes the headliner but since I don't need the seat all the way back I recline it and I am fine.

Greetings everyone... back after WAY too long away.

I am 6'-3" and longer in the torso than usual, but have done well over the years with my 2 year 2000 NSXs. I usually on drove mine on nice days so that usually means having the Targa roof off, so I have 50,000 ft of headroom. That said, I typically found a comfortable position for roof on and even with Helmet on at NSXPO 2000 at Road Atlanta and NSXPO 2004 at Watkins Glen.

As luck would have it, my first NSX, #51 is now for sale again by the guy I sold it to and with any luck, I will get the chance to buy it back this week and rejoin the ranks of the NSX faithful. I sold #9 to someone in Cali who took my mods to the extreme and ruined a killer work of art. With no new NSX coming from Acura now and HSC not being made, time to snap up an NSX and hold on for dear life. My original car after nearly 10 years only has 14,000 miles on it and is in perfect shape. Hope to see you all again soon.

Thanks for all the info. I have set up an appointment to sit in a couple this weekend. I am trying out a 97' Targa and a 99' coupe. I am crossing my fingers.

Another thing I hadn't thought about was my 16 1/2 size shoes. I may have to drive barefoot. If there is a way to make it work I will gladly pay extra to get whatever mods for the seat. This has been my fixation for years!

I will keep you posted!

G

Thanks for all the info. I have set up an appointment to sit in a couple this weekend. I am trying out a 97' Targa and a 99' coupe. I am crossing my fingers.

Another thing I hadn't thought about was my 16 1/2 size shoes. I may have to drive barefoot. If there is a way to make it work I will gladly pay extra to get whatever mods for the seat. This has been my fixation for years!

I will keep you posted!

G

Even though you have appts to sit in a few, if that is the case and you are just basing it off sitting in them you wont fit. Sry lol. I did the same thing, sat in a 04 in ontario and i said "look i fit i fit" to the g/f, "told you so. my legs fit great and the head ok" although she took a pic and i had to aggree, I really dont fit. But I told her none the less I could mod the seat and fit and either way I was buying the car.(Not the overpriced, 1 owner with 64k miles on it in ontario california car) If you roll like me with out the seat cushion at all you will fit perfectly, literally your head will be a few cm away from the roof support beam.

As for the feet, I think i am like a 12 to 13 inch shoe and it does help to drive bare foot, but also look into puma shoes as they have almost no back to them so your feet dont seem bigger at all. They look like a racing shoe.

I will keep you posted!

G

A 99 coupe huh?...which one is it? Those 97 thru 01 coupes are very rare...special order from factory.

Hope you fit!

G

For the dogs, definitely pull the trim panel, and stick with smaller footprint shoes. As I said, I have size 11's and with regular shoes I have room, but when I put my steel toe work boots on, they would touch the trim panel, if installed.

Miner

A 99 coupe huh?...which one is it? Those 97 thru 01 coupes are very rare...special order from factory.

Hope you fit!

The 99' didn't end up being a coupe. The add was a misprint. In any event, my fittings were a close call. I think I would need to do some seat mods to make it a more comfortable fit. However, I don't think that the stock seats make it an impossibility I just wouldn't be able to do long distance driving.

I had a similar concern I am about 6'6" and pretty balanced legs and torso. It seems those with a longer torso have the bigger issues as head space is not plentiful. Though I do not have my own nsx I have sat in a 91 with not mods and I fit comfortably. You really have to try it yourself to get the best idea. If you do have a problem there are brackets to adjust the seat (which I saw on Prime). Good luck with your search

The 99' didn't end up being a coupe. The add was a misprint.

Just a reminder that the 1999 Alex Zanardi Edition NSX was available ONLY as a COUPE and wasn't a "special order from the factory" it was simply a limited edition model.
:wink:

The owner of the only Imola at xpo seemed to me to be about 6'4"

Back