• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to locate someone for good PPI

There are a few NSX that Im considering for purchase, how do I locate someone good to do a PPI? Should I ask the forum based on location of these cars? Do I just send them to the nearest dealer and hope for the best?

Also what value should I give a CTSC? A couple of the NSX I am interested in have CTSC installed already, I like the idea of this but was unsure what real value this may add to the sales price.

I have been on the fence with the NSX purchase lately, the Audi R8 has also caught my attention, overall I think the NSX (With CTSC) would be a much better purchase longer term, the car is likely to hold value longer than the R8, maintenance should be less, and the money I save on the purchase saved for the 2015 NSX :biggrin: Its amazing how this NSX (As old as it is) is still competing with todays cars.

Yes, ask the forum. In most major cities, there are one or two specific mechanics - sometimes at dealers, sometimes independent shops - who do a lot of NSX work and would recognize the common problems on the car.

Most mods don't add significant value, but a Comptech supercharger does; it probably adds about half the cost of a new installation, i.e. adds around $4-5K to the market value.

Back