• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

Oh Man, the excitement.....it reminds me 13 yrs ago when I first saw the NSX. Beautiful Car!!!

Guess it's time to take up the 2nd mortgage....

Byron

Well after carefully looking at the pictures and then looking at some of the new information presented I must say that Honda should pat themselves on the back. The design from even just an aesthetic standpoint is simply breath-taking. This, my friends, is really exotic. The headlights remind me instantly of the ENZO, and they seem to be HID stock. The two front air ducts seem to be typical of today's modern sports car, C6, Modena, etc. The side profile screams ENZO to me, it really has that fighter jet look to it.
From the rear, this looks like a Pagani Zonda C12s, another beautiful car.

Therefore when looked at in the grand scheme of things, Honda has done it again. :D The price I guess seems to be worth it even if set at $100,000. I don't know about you guys, but I would rather buy two of these than buy a Murcielago. :rolleyes: Seriously, even at 300hp I would be content. If i look at it carefully I think that price will actually be much higher--true exotic pricing. When something looks the part (and the HSC sure does) I'm sure it will come with that exotic price. $100k is exotic, but you guys know what I mean. $100k is still quite an approachable and attractive price.

This is a bittersweet moment for me--being on the virge of the latest and the greatest, yet going for old technology. I am still in the market for my NSX, but with this new model releasing I'm beginning to feel like it will just be old news. I also wonder what kind of hit on depreciation the X will take because of this new model. I know in the case of the Vipers, prices haven't seemed to fluctuate terribly after the SRT-10 release.

Everything looks awesome and I think Honda has hit the nail on the head one more time. My only contention is that the NSX name should have stayed. It's just so much more agressive and sexy.

NSX forever,

ravi :cool:

STOCKTONSX said:
$100k is exotic, but you guys know what I mean. $100k is still quite an approachable and attractive price.

I also wonder what kind of hit on depreciation the X will take because of this new model. :

If this car comes out with a pricetag of 100K, i dont think we will see a lot of depreciation with the old cars.. just my thoughts..

You know, this may sound strange, but when I first saw these pics it almost felt like I was seeing the first photographic evidence of alien life: There have been so many hoaxes, so many false leads, I thought I would never actually see the real thing. Then there it was, right there in front of me.

I can't put into words how excited I am that this car is going to happen, even with the fact that I won't be able to afford it anytime soon. It almost brings a tear to my eye that Honda really HAS been working on the new NSX, after all this speculation about the car being discontinued after 2004 & whatnot. Long live the NSX!!!

Last edited:
WOW, so much for any mods on my nsx, that car is just simply amazing! 360 Modena for sale!

cxr344 said:
You know, this may sound strange, but when I first saw these pics it almost felt like I was seeing the first photographic evidence of alien life: There have been so many hoaxes, so many false leads, I thought I would never actually see the real thing. Then there it was, right there in front of me.

I can't put into words how excited I am that this car is going to happen, even with the fact that I won't be able to afford it anytime soon. It almost brings a tear to my eye that Honda really HAS been working on the new NSX, after all this speculation about the car being discontinued after 2004 & whatnot. Long live the NSX!!!

I had the same experience. I expect many others did as well.

Notice how much the front and rear overhangs have been trimmed. Esp the rear. It will be interesting to see how the trunk has been relocated or reduced.

It could be that with the reductions in the front and rear that we're looking at a 2800 lb car.

Also of interest, notice the beam in the center of the roof panel (as seen from the interior shot). This is interesting.

It may be that there's a stiffening structure there and that the removable roof panel (assumed) would go over top the center beam. While it wouldn't offer quite an open view, it would make for a more rigid and potentially lighter car. Maybe less than 2800.

A 400 hp 3.5 V6 in a 2700 lb car with that styling would be awfully appealing.

I may not have to purchase that Ford GT afterall.

:D

-Jim

Last edited:
This beauty has to be the next NSX. Call me heavily biased but I really haven't seen another car design that gives me the thrill of the (current) NSX until now. The look of the HSC is earning its right to be an NSX replacement. This car is sooooooo drop dead gorgeous.

Man, I suddenly feel a lot poorer. How am I gonna afford one of these babies? I already know I'm going to buy one now that the thing is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!! The Gallardo just met its visual match.

Can we have someone on Prime contact someone in Japan to get us more detailed info from the show. Hook some brothers up!!!

It looks pretty good, although rear is somewhat bizare. I guess i'm gonna wait on the new Benz and call the Acura dealer tomorrow.

I understand that Honda personnel visit this forum quite regularly... With that in mind, I hope if this is indeed the next gen NSX, Honda should keep the name NSX. Sounds more apealing than HSC.

NSX!!!

Here is the bablefish translation of this page. From this it appears it has a 3.5 V6 with paddle shifters. Can anyone here do a better translation?

http://response.jp/issue/2003/1015/article54442_1.html

October 15 of 2003 day

The next term 'NSX' concept model 'HSC' = high speed * concept of HONDA which is called the study. Enjoyment of impression and the sport car which work the machine unrestrictedly is reported to all people, you say is basic idea.

You can call the dimension, total length 4250mm× full 1900mm× total height 1140mm those of the super car just, but it is thought as the thing where also the easy drive characteristic that is seriously considered it can be worked on one hand by anyone.

The engine of the HSC is similar V6 horizontal ranging to the current NSX, but the aerodynamic volume displacement is expanded by 3.5 liters, also the highest output is the possibility that it becomes the 300ps over. Shift has with the dial system which makes fast speed change possible, in the steering wheel like the racing car the paddle shift switch. As for suspension with the front and back double wishbone, from current type as for dimension of amount and the rear suspension where car width spreads it seems that is improved substantially.

As for the interior with modern ones which use material such as carbon and colored aluminum, to be tend nostalgic production is thin in the model of this kind. As for the HSC is not the case that it is marketed with the that way form, but with exhibition of the same car, the expectation impression to next term NSX appearance you probably can say it increased greatly.

Gas lid is visible in at least 2 pictures on the first page (may be hard to see if you're using an LCD monitor, though). It's in the normal location on the rear fender.

I'm not sure about the handle - good catch. Maybe there's a switch in the dark area near the top-rear part of the side window.

I hope its like the doors on the Koenigsegg. If anyone has seen the video of that car, they know what Im talking about. Coolest doors ever on a car.

Its called it someting crazy like dihedro synchrohelix acuation doors.

It keeps some of the old and reshapes for the future. I knew that Honda wouldn't let us down.

Since they have done such a great job on the outside, I'm sure they won't disapoint us with the performance.

I would expect low 4's to 60 and 11 to 12's in the 1/4. I am sure it will fit with other supper cars today like it did 10 years ago.

I was thinking of an 03, but will be waiting for the new one now.:) :) :)

What about the NSX's trademark legacy design cues? Ill bet that the production version of the NextGen, if based on the HSC, will have side scoops and a wing like the current generation.

Man... i'm away for two weeks, and when i come back Honda has released a new NSX!!! Just my luck!!!

It doesn't look bad at all... though I will miss the integrated spoiler. Let's wait and see what the specs bring... joy or sorrow...

FuryNSX said:
Yeah, the car looks okay, but I would need to change the wheels.

-FurryNSX (aka Teddy Bear King)

<B> Honda has announced a special edition : FURRY HSC...</B>
Heheheh... with special hood ornament. ;)
:D :D :D :D

Attachments

• furyhsc with teddy bear.jpg
    furyhsc with teddy bear.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 3,824
I can't believe nobody else seems to think that everything from the steering wheel back is ugly.

Give me a straight-up B-pillar please, none of this swishy stuff, I don't care if you want it to look like an Enzo, it looks ugly on an Enzo too.

Oh, and if I wanted the ass-end of a Corvette, I'd buy a Corvette, and likely for half the price and better performance.

I mean, really, can't anyone at Honda design an original second-gen NSX? This thing is totally and utterly derivative of an Enzo, an NSX, and a Corvette, and not very much of the NSX I might add. There must not have been any cars they liked the side view of, because the doors are generically bland.

Oh well, at least when they copied the Enzo part they were aiming high instead of low.

Last edited:
Back