• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

NSXocto said:
The Video shows 300ps in the text that they flash over the screen of the car (ps?)

HSC- is HONDA
Has any one asked their HONDA dealer about gettiing on the list for this car? If its a 300hp car and $50k HSC
could it go to HONDA dealers in US?

I don't like HONDA dealers. They acted like big jerks with the s2000, I had just come from testing a BMW Z3 M were the salesman just tossed me the keys and said have fun! I did!

HONDA dealer acted like he had a Ferrari F50 "oh we don't let people take out this fast sports car".

So I went over to Ferrari and drove a 348 spider and then tried a Porsche Boxter the next weekend I bought the BMW most fun. HONDA doesn't know how to sell sports car. They thought they had something Exotic. What a joke.

HOPE IT GOES TO ACURA. They had no problem giving me a test drive of NSX when I was shopping for that car.

I'm sorry to hear about your incident at that Honda dealership; however, I'm guessing that you just went to that "one" dealer. In my experience, dealers (a majority of them) tend to be egotistical jerks. While others, like my local Acura dealership (Miami Acura) are very courteous and helpful to other people as well as myself. You should have gone to another dealership IMHO. Oh well, I think you would have enjoyed the S2000 (especially the new one coming out).

Just thought I would tack this picture to the already long list...

hsc-ill.gif

BladesNSX

You are right, I did go to just one Honda dealer and he was a jerk. I'm sure it was just a bad dealer (they can't all be cool).

But sitting in the car in the showroom... which is all they would let me do, gave me enough feedback on another important problem. The car was not wide enough. Felt cramped (I have wide shoulders)... so I didn't bother to seek out another dealer.

I hear they have added some more space in the new S2000

Yes, the new S2K has been upgraded quite a bit from Honda. Finances won't allow it, otherwise I would eagerly be waiting on its arrival. But this is a topic for a different thread.

NSXocto said:
Soooooooooooo we are looking at the-

- Del Sol 2 ?

- Prelude reborn ?

I can't wait to see the next NSX... at this rate it will be an exact copy of the ENZO. Sounds like a good partnership...Ferrari creates the demand with stupid low production numbers, and Honda fills it.

With the aluminum body, carbon fiber parts, those doors and many other innovations I really don't think HSC is anything close to Del Sol or Prelude.

http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content-new/news/general/2003/10/24/FFX1FQB45MD.html

Honda HSC
Honda made headlines at the last Tokyo show in 2001 with a petrol-electric-powered sports car concept called the Dualnote. It combined exhilarating acceleration and environmental kindness.

The Dualnote's electric motor provided far more torque than the car's conventional engine. Honda has been perfecting this technology over the past two years but has effectively admitted that the world isn't ready for such a car yet.

With high-performance petrol-electric cars on hold for now, Honda unveiled the HSC (Honda Sports Concept) with a conventional engine, signalling its intention to delay development of a full-blown hybrid supercar.

The HSC is, by all accounts, a thinly disguised version of the next NSX, due out in 2006. Styling is said to be influenced by the Ferrari Enzo, according to Nobuki Ebisawa, senior chief engineer in charge of Honda product development.

Honda is not revealing the capacity of the mid-mounted engine. European and UK press speculate that it is a development of the 3.2-litre V6 in the current car; the Japanese press reports the engine will be a 3.5-litre V6 with "in excess" of 225kW.

However, some believe this figure is too modest if the car is to compete with Porsches and Ferraris, so there is further speculation that power is up to 270kW. The reality: everyone is guessing as not even Honda would have finalised engine power at this early stage.

The HSC's 19-inch wheels house massive six-piston Brembo race-style brakes. Unlike the all-wheel-drive Dualnote, the next NSX will remain rear-drive.

:D

tschang13 said:
According to a Forbes article/slide show (link below), Acura "is peddling the 2003 NSX with hefty dealer incentives in order to make room for the overhauled version, which will arrive next year"!

http://www.forbes.com/2003/10/27/cx_dl_1027feat.html

Enjoy the slide show. It's pretty interesting.

Which we know is not accurate since the '04 NSX is already out with no major changes.

Also interesting to note that the HSC recieved the most votes
for "car you'd most like to see in showrooms" at the Tokyo auto show.

Shumdit said:
In the first video on the above links the screen shows at one point "300ps" along with Japanese script. I would like someone fluent in the language to translate what is being said as the video is played, but the 300ps leads me to think this will be a ~300 HP car, give or take. I, unlike so many here, think the 270 HP NSX is sufficient, so it does not bother me, but I sure there will be much booing if the car is released with this figure.

Hi, just saw the Video, and indeed it showed 300PS...
did the calculation an it works out to 295.896 HP

Using 1 PS = .98632 HP

Hope this helps

Bram

The HSC has the cover photo in the new (Nov 3) AutoWeek, which names it "Best in Show" for the Tokyo Auto Show. The article calls it a "very thinly disguised forebear of the second-generation Acura NSX" and says, "With any luck, this Best in Show winner will ignite an all-out supercar war among the Japanese makers when it debuts some time next year."

Saw that as well. I was surprised that the rumoured V10 supercar from Toyota wasn't at the Tokyo Auto show. Has Toyota scrubbed this?

JimK said:
Saw that as well. I was surprised that the rumoured V10 supercar from Toyota wasn't at the Tokyo Auto show. Has Toyota scrubbed this?

Toyota was afriad that the HSC would make their supercar look bad so they decided not to debut it at the show... :D :p

pbassjo said:
If it comes to the U.S. will the HSC be a Honda or Acura?

If the car is called the HSC, I doubt it will be an Acura Honda Sport Concept.

If it is called the NSX, conventional wisdom is that it would remain an Acura in the US.

Toyota may be one of the contributing factors to Honda's reluctance to reveal engine specs or targeted performance numbers. By keeping this under wraps, Toyota or other competitors do not have a definitive bar to measure their efforts against.

Any news/speculations on possible pricing?

How close can/will the production car be to the concept car?

I remember long ago when I owned the mitsubishi eclipse, I went to a car show to see the concept version of the current eclipse model. It was quite impressive looking. Then when the production model came out, it appeared to be some watered down version of the concept. Very dissappointing.

BladesNSX said:
Any news/speculations on possible pricing?

Somewhere south of $50k, according to *Mr. Acura Sales Rep* I've spoke to 7 mos. ago. Yes I now consider him a reliable source - everything he'd said back then about the upcoming MR V6 350HP Acura sports car with a round Ferrari-esque tail lights is true.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7171&perpage=50&pagenumber=2

Also According to him, this car must be priced to sell or else AH wouldn't have given Honda Japan a green light on this project, and that was the core of the Secret Acura dealer's meeting held in Tochigi earlier this year *shhhhhh*.... ;)

Last edited:
Sounds promising!

NSX/MR2 said:
Sounds promising!

I think if this were to come true it would be a huge letdown. First off, every person that purchased a new or relatively NSX in the the previous couple of years will be smacked in the face with a huge depreciation hit.

Second, this would mean that Honda will be settling for bang for buck performance instead of a showcase car with showcase performance. Sure, the car may sell in higher volume.... but I never believed this was the mission for the NSX.

Hence the rumor the HSC is not the direct NSX replacement. Time will tell.

I think that at 55-60000$ in 2006 it should not be that BIG smack & letdown for customers of the current NSX that bought it in 2001-2003 for 72-75000$ (the price the cars were actually sold).

It happens everywhere.

Or should the 1993 Ferarri 512TR purchaser be pissed off by the 1998 Ferrari Modena that kicks the TR's in every performance field for half the price?

It is called evolution! :)

Last edited:
Back