• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC photos and more...

I was at the Geneva Auto show and I snapped a couple pictures of the HSC.

Find them (and the ones of other cars) at:

http://www.pecore.ch/Ciaccia/Geneva/preview.php?page=0

Seen in reality... It did not surprise me. The side looks fat, the rear is still debatable, the front looks good. The interior looks very good.

The people visiting the Honda stand agreed that the red current-NSX near the HSX looked better... not a lot of people gave the HSX a second look. There was always a crowd around the NSX.
:p

I couldn't believe my eyes looking at the Skoda - amazing what a little free market economy can do for a car company. I remember when Skoda was in the same catagory as the Lada and the Trabant.

That would be nice, however Skoda is now 100% VW and has vaery little to do with the SKoda of the '70s-'80s. What they reached now is simply being lower priced VW cars...;)

It is funny how much more it makes me like my current NSX's. I figure I like cars from a certain era though. Just today I was out in the 951 Turbo S and realized that I really like cars from about a 4 year block. I enjoy driving the NSX (came out as a 1991 model), love the 951 Turbo S (it is a 1989 model...a.k.a. 944 Turbo S), and really enjoy the 1991 M3 (just need to find one....hmmmm). Something about those cars reminds me of real sports cars. None of the hi-tech GPS systems, none of the DSC systems, just you and the car for the most part. I guess the collection will just be able to grow that much faster since those cars are pretty affordable for most people like me. Now, anyone know where I can get my hands on a mint E30 M3 in white?? :)

A new competitor for Honda HSC. The Toyota Volta Hybrid 400HP!

Attachments

• toyota_volta1.jpeg
    toyota_volta1.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 886
gheba_nsx said:

Seen in reality... It did not surprise me. The side looks fat, the rear is still debatable, the front looks good. The interior looks very good.

So in reality, what about its wideness and lowereness? Does it make a strong impression regarding these factors? Is it easlily apparent comparing to the the NSX?

gheba_nsx said:

The people visiting the Honda stand agreed that the red current-NSX near the HSX looked better... not a lot of people gave the HSX a second look. There was always a crowd around the NSX.

So Honda should take some notes about this, as I ever said, the NSX design is a masterpiece that will last forever, unfortunately this is not true for the HSC one, IMO ANOM* AFAICS**

The Pagani and the Keonigsegg are very ice and exotic looking without drowning in the actual fat design trend...whish we had them at the Montreal auto show :(

* and ** : And Not Only Mine As Far As I Can See

Re: Re: HSC photos and more...

effer said:
So in reality, what about its wideness and lowereness? Does it make a strong impression regarding these factors? Is it easlily apparent comparing to the the NSX?

From the front it looks right! Correctely wide and low... lambo style! :D
The side is bad, it does not flow and it is too fat. It does not look very low from that angle... :(

So Honda should take some notes about this, as I ever said, the NSX design is a masterpiece that will last forever, unfortunately this is not true for the HSC one, IMO ANOM* AFAICS**

Honda didn't notice anything. Honda was too busy showing crappy Jazz and Civic. Nobody was near the NSX and the HSC. I had to answer several people questions... :rolleyes: As usual, well done Honda... well done... :rolleyes:

A very reliable source (my Honda dealer Rikli) told me that HSC will appear in Fall 2005 and will have about 400Hp. Price will be at 100k.
I want to be the first to get this very lovely car. My tip for make money easly:
buying Puts !! :)

gheba_nsx said:

So people prefer the uglier 02+ NSX (compared to pre 02, IMO :p)over the HSC?

Some bank colleagues have been in Geneva and I swear, most of them were totally impressed of the new HSC!

I think we all are not Picassos or Dalis to rate or to differ beautiful cars to ugly cars exactly.
We live in a democratic world (I hope), so the look of HSC it's just a matter of taste!

I do also not understand people who pay 150k for a Modena (Ugh!) :p
or 90k for a 911 (Yuck)! :(
but who cares...

AUTOWEEK MOST SIGNIFICANT AWARD WINNER: Alessandro Volta invented the electric battery and Toyota has created the ultimate for-production hybrid-electric powertrain that sees its first use in the Lexus RX400h unveiled in Detroit this past January. Put the two great moments in circuitry together and you get a supercar commemorating Alessandro's awesomeness and AW's pick for Most Significant at Geneva. It impresses us that 1) Toyota is doing a supercar in the first place, 2) they got together with Giugaro to do it instead of their own ED2 studio in the south of France and 3) it's a beautiful hybrid car instead of looking like a rolling experiment pod. The Italdesign-Giugiaro Toyota Alessandro Volta generates a calculated 402 horsepower from the Hybrid Synergy Drive System in this guise and that takes it to 62 mph from 0 mph in just four seconds thanks to the all carbon fiber body and chassis construction from Giugiaro resulting in a curb weight of just 2866 pounds versus the RX400h at 4000-something. Top speed is limited to 155 mph and average mileage hits nearly 40 mpg. And it could see production by 2007. We have a new market segment, kids!

http://autoweek.com/specials/2004_geneva/volta/pages/

Is this supose to be the next supra or their next supercar?

danpiu said:
I think we all are not Picassos or Dalis to rate or to differ beautiful cars to ugly cars exactly.

No we probably aren't, but for my taste the HSC looks quite crappy, specially when near a Gallardo, a Murcie, an Aston or a 360 Spyder... and the NSX, they all looks so much better than the HSC.

This is my opinion, everyone is free to have his...

this is your taste, your opinion. We do accept it, no question. But you are one of the few who don't like the design of the HSC.

Let me say my opinion about following cars you mentioned:

Gallardo: it seems designed by a student in a couple of hours, of course without having a wind tunnel. The design is quite cheap simple and without any love behind.
I mean, it does not look completed.
The dimensions are ok!

Murcie: BEAUTIFUL! It looks much better than a gallardo, but the handwriting of Audi is to transparent. To much money for just having a pheaton-engine in the back.
Car is also to heavy for the 2004 sportscar-standards.

Aston: very nice good looking car. But it does not make sense to compare Aston with HSC.

360 Spyder: Ugh! a 150k crap!
355 was 1000 times more beautiful !!!
To me 360 looks to female and shity.

My favorite beside HSC:
Ford GT40

danpiu said:
But you are one of the few who don't like the design of the HSC.

Gheba isn't one of the few and I share the same opinion than him. The HSC, IMO isn't a great and timeless design...

I made a poll about this you can find in this topic and a majority of people here prefer

firstly: original NSX design ( pre '02 )

secondly: '02 NSX design

thirdly: HSC

Of course this isn't scientifically valid ( too small a sample ) and it was made only here in the Prime but I think that opinions from a majority of NSX owners and true enthousiasts are more than pertinent.

OTOH I agree with you danpiu about the Ford GT40! This car "embalms" exotism and power!

IMO Ford should have named it the Ford GT 43 instaed of GT alone...

And I am not astonished by the 360 Modena design too. Not bad and truly nice in the realm of tall and boxy designs but as far as I am concerned, a sportscar should not be too much taller than 40 inches. Have you seen a Mc Laren F1 standing beside a normal car? Impressive and gorgeous! It looks like a small hyper sophisticated extra terrestrial toy!

Regards.

Effer

effer said:
Gheba isn't one of the few and I share the same opinion than him. The HSC, IMO isn't a great and timeless design...

I made a poll about this you can find in this topic and a majority of people here prefer

firstly: original NSX design ( pre '02 )

secondly: '02 NSX design

thirdly: HSC

Am I correct, that your poll shows the HSC 2nd, not third?:confused:

The problem with that poll is that people like me that voted for the old NSX look, could not vote for the second place for the post '02 look.

Only the first position is also clear. To decide the second we should revote without the pre '02 in the chices.

gheba_nsx said:
The problem with that poll is that people like me that voted for the old NSX look, could not vote for the second place for the post '02 look.

Only the first position is also clear. To decide the second we should revote without the pre '02 in the chices.

Absolutely and this one of the reasons why there is several steps in the election process in numerous european countries unlike Canada.

Back to the NSX / HSC case, in saying that a majority of people prefered the NSX design I assumed that a vote for the the '02 design is also a vote for the pre '02 design because it is essentially the same car design refined a bit so in clear this means that people who voted for the '02 design would have voted for the pre '02 design if there weren't the "02 design vote option and people who voted for the pre '02 design would have voted for the '02 design if there weren't the pre '02 design vote option.

Is it clear? :confused:

IOW I should have wrote:

Firstly: NSX designs

Thirdly :D : HSC design

Back