• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hugabuga's Hawaii window upgrade tour

Hugo (aka Hugabuga) said he'd like to come to Hawaii to upgrade our window regulators and install Teflon guides to speed up our windows.

We're looking for Hawaii NSX owners who would like to get their windows upgraded. Hugo previously told me that he would come to Hawaii if we can get at least 5 cars to be upgraded. I'm hoping he will come here after November 1st because my car is on the mainland until then to attend NSXPO.

He charges $100 for the plastic pulley upgrade parts and $100 for the Teflon guides.
Hugo charges $125 for labor if the door panel is removed and $200 for labor if he needs to remove the door panel.

I think he's being generous because he would like to have an excuse to come to Hawaii. It would be a great Hawaii event. Perhaps we could go on a Hawaii cruise together.

Please reply by adding your name to this list of owners who want Hugo to upgrade their windows in Hawaii.

1. Steven Lee

Last edited:
I'm in. I already bought the window upgrade kit. I can also upgrade my old NSX which belongs to my brother if we need that 5th car. More than likely he'll be in as well though, but for now just could it if we need it.

Chris,

That's GREAT!!! I also have the kit and the Teflon guides waiting to be installed.
I hope Hugo can come after November 1st so my car can get his treatment.

Please copy the list and add your name to the list in your reply. I'm going to have Hugo look at this thread to track the number of cars on the list.

Aloha!

Last edited:
I guess I'm third on the list. Let me know if I should order the parts ahead of time before Hugo arrives.

1. Steven Lee
2. ChrisK
3. Luxon

Luxon,
I let Hugo know that we started this list and invited him to reply directly to us.
Let's give him some time to reply.
I think he could bring the parts when he comes and you could save on the shipping costs.

I'm in. I get back from deployment Nov 16. So if its after then that would be perfect. If not, I can just get my wife to drop it off and just have to pay the extra for the door removal. I'll probably need to get part of the upgrade kit. When I purchased the car, the previous owner bought the kit, but all I remember seeing in the little envelope was the plastic pulleys. Either way I'm in. Lmk when!

Ray

Hi Guys...
I really want in on this visit, but it will depend on when he is planning this trip. If someone could give me an approximate date, I can check with my work, and my trip to Japan, possibly. Thanks everyone!
Aloha,
Stuart

1. Steven Lee
2. ChrisK
3. Luxon
4. DTR_Projekt

Count me in as well. Sorry, I haven't been on prime in a while, but jumped on today since my driver side window has been starting to get slow. As I researched, I stumbled upon this thread.

Hope Hugo can make it out here!

Hugo upgraded my windows at NSXPO.
I think he's in California doing upgrades now.
He wasn't sure if he could take time off from work in November to come to HI.
Try sending him a PM.

Steven, did you get to watch and learn how to do it? maybe we all can get together and you can show us how to do it.:wink:

Hugo (aka Hugabuga) said he'd like to come to Hawaii to upgrade our window regulators and install Teflon guides to speed up our windows.

We're looking for Hawaii NSX owners who would like to get their windows upgraded. Hugo previously told me that he would come to Hawaii if we can get at least 5 cars to be upgraded. I'm hoping he will come here after November 1st because my car is on the mainland until then to attend NSXPO.

He charges $100 for the plastic pulley upgrade parts and $100 for the Teflon guides.
Hugo charges $125 for labor if the door panel is removed and $200 for labor if he needs to remove the door panel.

I think he's being generous because he would like to have an excuse to come to Hawaii. It would be a great Hawaii event. Perhaps we could go on a Hawaii cruise together.

Please reply by adding your name to this list of owners who want Hugo to upgrade their windows in Hawaii.

1. Steven Lee

count me in, I have the regulators, just need the guides and Hugos' expertise

Well, it probably is a long shot the Hugo actually makes it to Hawaii for this. In that case since I did buy a spare window motor assembly, I'll try and practice and perfect the installation on this spare unit. If I can get the kit installed and working properly then maybe we all can have a mod day ourselves and install the kit together. I mean, if his kid and do it on the video he shows us surely we can figure it out right:tongue:

Back